Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by opusthepenguin »

No space in the usual secret bunker. Apparently my new megabytes don't arrive until 11 p.m. CST. So I'm uploading today's game to another secret bunker:

https://vimeo.com/anothersecretbunker

No password required. Tomorrow's game should be back at the regular place.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Today's game is uploaded. It might even be in the right place.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I guess it takes a while to get megabytes to the South Pole.
mhepbaum
Contributor

Post by mhepbaum »

Any chance of getting tonight's game uploaded?
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

mhepbaum wrote:Any chance of getting tonight's game uploaded?
There's always a chance. :)

Yeah, it's almost done uploading as I type this. Give it maybe 10 minutes.
mhepbaum
Contributor

Post by mhepbaum »

Weeeee! Thank you! I'm in panic mode now with my taping happening in less than a month so I'm trying really hard not to miss any chances to practice my clicky-pen buzzing!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

opusthepenguin wrote:

We need to chip in and get you a faster connection.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:

We need to chip in and get you a faster connection.
I'm not sure it would make a difference. Vimeo may throttle the free accounts. Anyway, it takes less than half an hour to upload a 100 MB video. I don't really need anything faster than that. The 10 minute estimate above was deliberately conservative. The video was ready in less than 5.
mhepbaum
Contributor

Post by mhepbaum »

I'm about ready to kill my stupid antenna. Service *completely* cut out after the first round so I just missed literally all of Double Jeopardy. All of it. Do any other cable cutters seem to have this problem, where an antenna works perfectly fine but then literally the SECOND Jeopardy starts it cuts out and you lose every other word to bad reception, if it even plays anything at all?

Ugh. Anyway. Any chance you happened to catch today's episode & would be willing to upload it? I'm sorry to be requesting so much lately, and I was probably about to request this Wednesday's episode again too (because I have a Wednesday night class that makes me miss at least the first round of Wednesday episodes). I'm just bummed and annoyed. I was doing really well too :cry:
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

mhepbaum wrote:I'm about ready to kill my stupid antenna. Service *completely* cut out after the first round so I just missed literally all of Double Jeopardy. All of it. Do any other cable cutters seem to have this problem, where an antenna works perfectly fine but then literally the SECOND Jeopardy starts it cuts out and you lose every other word to bad reception, if it even plays anything at all?

Ugh. Anyway. Any chance you happened to catch today's episode & would be willing to upload it? I'm sorry to be requesting so much lately, and I was probably about to request this Wednesday's episode again too (because I have a Wednesday night class that makes me miss at least the first round of Wednesday episodes). I'm just bummed and annoyed. I was doing really well too :cry:
Nope. My antenna manages just fine most of the time (T-storms are my kryptonite). I should still look into improving it, but whenever it acts up I manage to fix it...and then it becomes too much work to improve it. :lol:
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Monday, February 6 game uploading now. Should be ready in 20 minutes or so.
Category 13
Wagering Viking

Post by Category 13 »

Our local channel showed the Governor giving his state of the State address last night, 7:00-8:15.
Sure would appreciate an upload of the Feb 7 episode.

Thanks
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Category 13 wrote:Our local channel showed the Governor giving his state of the State address last night, 7:00-8:15.
Sure would appreciate an upload of the Feb 7 episode.

Thanks
Uploading now.
Pendleton71
Contributor

Post by Pendleton71 »

The February 7th game displays a game from last week.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Pendleton71 wrote:The February 7th game displays a game from last week.
That's because I'm a moron and uploaded the wrong file. I swear, if I weren't running unopposed, I'd be replaced in a heartbeat. I'm uploading another random video which may actually be the correct one.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I'm going to give this thread its post–site outage christening and request tonight's (2/15) episode; I had another VCR mishap in the cave I apparently live in.

Edit: I've been linked to a Redditor's upload, so I don't need Opus's help after all. Thanks for being here!
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

This is not something I can do, am willing to do or will do on a regular basis. Today, though, and most likely on Monday as well, I am seeing if my attempt to record the live stream of today's J! game and upload to Google Drive and then share the link here works.

Yes this link is for the Friday, Feb. 17th J! game of College Championship Quarterfinals 5.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJUVd ... sp=sharing

What I did was use my CBS All Access account. Under normal circumstances I can only get a live stream of my local affiliate in San Francisco, KPIX. Using an extension called Location Guard I was able to change my location to Montgomery, Alabama and instead have the live stream available be WAKA CBS 8 which shows J! at 9:30 central or 7:30 in the morning my time.

I watched J! live and recorded it with a live stream recorder. I then uploaded it to Google Drive.

Please, no comments about the game itself in this thread and only in the appropriate Friday thread. What I am curious about is if the video quality looked okay and watching the game was of acceptable quality as I just used the defaults without changing anything.

I'm sure there may me an easy way to edit the commercials before the upload and that will be the next thing I try to learn.

Happy Friday and Presidents Day weekend, everyone.
JLJ
Valued Contributor

Post by JLJ »

MarkBarrett wrote:This is not something I can do, am willing to do or will do on a regular basis. Today, though, and most likely on Monday as well, I am seeing if my attempt to record the live stream of today's J! game and upload to Google Drive and then share the link here works.

Yes this link is for the Friday, Feb. 17th J! game of College Championship Quarterfinals 5.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJUVd ... sp=sharing

What I did was use my CBS All Access account. Under normal circumstances I can only get a live stream of my local affiliate in San Francisco, KPIX. Using an extension called Location Guard I was able to change my location to Montgomery, Alabama and instead have the live stream available be WAKA CBS 8 which shows J! at 9:30 central or 7:30 in the morning my time.

I watched J! live and recorded it with a live stream recorder. I then uploaded it to Google Drive.

Please, no comments about the game itself in this thread and only in the appropriate Friday thread. What I am curious about is if the video quality looked okay and watching the game was of acceptable quality as I just used the defaults without changing anything.

I'm sure there may me an easy way to edit the commercials before the upload and that will be the next thing I try to learn.

Happy Friday and Presidents Day weekend, everyone.
Quality looks really good (perfect) to me, in the random bits I actually jumped around to. Of course, I had just finished watching live on the next earliest air time in the country (11am Central). Curious to know what recorder you used. I usually just use Camtasia, which I got for cheap in a bundled deal a while back, and for no more than I use it, is abundantly suitable to the purpose.
I'm living proof to show that a good attitude, a Southern accent, a ridiculous beard, and a middling amount of trivia knowledge can get you onto Jeopardy!
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

The game is complete (I assume, I jumped ahead to FJ). There is a "blackout" notice during the last break that a show isn't available for streaming, but the show picks up just fine after that.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Thanks for the feedback, JLJ & Myron. The blackout notice thing appears during the commercial breaks as only the ads tied in nationally to J! seem to air and not the local ones for the Alabama area. Yes, the game is complete and it's good to know it's watchable with the shared link.

I'm not much for shopping around and experimenting. Originally I tried Open Broadcaster Software and did not like it. My next search turned up Bandicam and I liked the design and use of it. The free version had a 10-minute limitation. I paid $40 for full use on my one computer and I'm happy. No doubt there are free versions that could do the job. Camtasia did not turn up when I was doing my searching.