Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by RandyG »

barandall800 wrote:OK, one last time:

Online test: January 2016
Audition email: June 22
Vegas audition: July 15
The Call: February 8, 2017
(My tape date is March 8 and it will air at the end of June.)

I. Got. The. Call. I GOT THE CALL!

It's definitely still sinking in. It came when I was in a choir rehearsal and couldn't answer my phone. I freaked out when I looked afterwards and saw that the number was from Culver City. Then I listened to my voicemail and it was one of the coordinators asking to verify my info and (the whole "pre-call" call thing that happens sometimes). I told myself it didn't mean anything for sure ... I called back as soon as I got done with my next class, and answered all the questions ... and then Ryan, the contestant coordinator I was talking with, just launched right in and told me they wanted me to be on the show. At which point I ... was relatively calm on the phone, but my mind was doing cartwheels and then some. (I didn't expect it all to happen in the same call. On top of not expecting to even get a call in the first place.)

This was my fifth audition (and my first Adult one). I know for a fact I wouldn't be at this point without all of you folks here, which is why I'm so excited to make this post.

All of this seems so surreal to type. It's certainly going to be an exciting ride! :)
Congratulations, Brandon!!
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

It's definitely still sinking in. It came when I was in a choir rehearsal and couldn't answer my phone. I freaked out when I looked afterwards and saw that the number was from Culver City. Then I listened to my voicemail and it was one of the coordinators asking to verify my info and (the whole "pre-call" call thing that happens sometimes). I told myself it didn't mean anything for sure ... I called back as soon as I got done with my next class, and answered all the questions ... and then Ryan, the contestant coordinator I was talking with, just launched right in and told me they wanted me to be on the show. At which point I ... was relatively calm on the phone, but my mind was doing cartwheels and then some. (I didn't expect it all to happen in the same call. On top of not expecting to even get a call in the first place.)

Awesome, Brandon! Can't wait to see you!
This was my fifth audition (and my first Adult one). I know for a fact I wouldn't be at this point without all of you folks here, which is why I'm so excited to make this post.

All of this seems so surreal to type. It's certainly going to be an exciting ride! :)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Thanks for sharing the great news, Brandon. Congrats on getting "The Call" which is indeed a pleasure for anyone fortunate enough to receive one.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Go take that stage right podium!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

That's fantastic, Brandon! Rise and shout!
Sprinkles are for winners.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Yay Brandon!!

Knock 'em dead!

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

When they called, did you tell them you were a felon?

J/k! Have a great time and best of luck! :D
Peachbox
3-time Jeopardy!/Sports Jeopardy! runner-up

Post by Peachbox »

Congrats! :D
BobF

Post by BobF »

Wow, awesome, congrats and best of luck in the game!
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
lbligh
Valued Contributor

Post by lbligh »

Congratulations and good luck!
Auditioned most recently via Zoom, June 2023
Strengths: Literature, History, Classical Music
Insurmountable weaknesses: Sports, Pop Music, Anagrams

"It's easy if you know it, it's hard if you don't."
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Great news Brandon! Nice to see a regular get it! (And it's worth noting how many times he said he was in the pool, for those (like me) currently a bit down they have to towel off yet again)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

I'm very excited for you Brandon! Best of luck!!!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

WTG, Brandon! Can't wait to see you on the show. The questions are guaranteed to be easier than mine :mrgreen:
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

Congrats Brandon!
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

Congrats, Brandon! TPTB made a great choice!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Congrats!!! Best of luck to you.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

You have plenty of information stored in your noggin, so you're going to do fine. Have fun!
Spiny Norman
Valued Contributor

Post by Spiny Norman »

Best of luck to you, Brandon! If you are not flying home right after taping, come by O'Briens on Wilshire in Santa Monica for pub quiz. I'll bet you may recognize some of the people there that evening since we have a number of regulars who have been on J!
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

Good luck, Brandon. When J! got rid of the age limit for the college tournament, I was hoping that they would have more non-traditional college students like you, but at least you get to be on the show.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

So, not as exciting as The Call, but a little Thunderbirdy told me LA's going to have an audition on 16 March, too.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)