Learned League 72 - Official Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: Learned League 72 - Official Thread

Post by Woof »

BulgarianBeast wrote:A shameless plugin - my Bulgaria 1DS is tomorrow, and all of you guys should participate! :) I tried to make it fun (although maybe not as fun as the Condoms 1DS that is tomorrow...), but I also tried to make it a 1DS where everyone will learn something new. If you do end up taking it and have feedback for me (good or bad), I would love to hear it :)
Very enjoyable quiz, and I say this not only because I did fairly well on it. You managed to make many of the questions quite accessible to a person like me who has very little knowledge of Bulgaria beyond its geographical location and very basic demographic information.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Rundles are up. I'm where I pretty much always have -- been C Pac 2.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

I've been moved from Continental B to Prairie B whatever that may mean for me.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

I'm in the yuge 34-person C Horizon (or is it Chorizo N?). I get really nervous in the small divisions, because I've narrowly avoided getting relegated twice, so I was glad I got in a big rundle. I recognize quarterrican, caknuck, and thethirdmoose. This will be my sixth straight season in C.
Hoping for a third lap
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MarkBarrett wrote:I've been moved from Continental B to Prairie B whatever that may mean for me.
I'll see you on Match Day 3!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I am in Prairie D1. I get DHKendall on Day 3.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

I've going to play in B Horizon this season. Last season I finished 4th on tie-breakers, but got promoted because of attrition and/or population of newly-created leagues.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Home Depot to buy new batteries for my thinking cap. Think I'll need them.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

BulgarianBeast wrote:A shameless plugin - my Bulgaria 1DS is tomorrow, and all of you guys should participate! :) I tried to make it fun (although maybe not as fun as the Condoms 1DS that is tomorrow...), but I also tried to make it a 1DS where everyone will learn something new. If you do end up taking it and have feedback for me (good or bad), I would love to hear it :)
I finished in the bottom quintle, thanks to some ghastly decisions re what questions to money. That said, I thought you did a great job of crafting questions, and I enjoyed taking part in your one-day.
SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

I'm in Rundle E Pacific Division 2 again this season -- along with a few people who have been in my division during my entire LL career...long enough for a few rivalries to develop. The promotion zone has been narrowed to only the top 3 for LL72.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

I'm in E Magnolia Div 2. My projection system has me finishing 18th, though I have been known to beat my projections. I don't really want to get promoted again until I can hit 60 TCA, but maybe a top 10 finish isn't out of the question?
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

Prairie C here. Anyone else? Don't recognize any names there thanks to realignment and promotion at the same time. My goal? Don't end up in the top 20 unluckiest llamas like I did last time I was in C. Ha. Those of you in Prairie B get my brother. I'm hoping either he gets relegated or I get promoted (both highly unlikely) so we can face off. Good luck to all!
mrparadise

Post by mrparadise »

Blue Lion wrote:I've going to play in B Horizon this season. Last season I finished 4th on tie-breakers, but got promoted because of attrition and/or population of newly-created leagues.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Home Depot to buy new batteries for my thinking cap. Think I'll need them.

See you in B Horizon. I'm thinking of getting my cap relined, or refurbished, or something.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

I'll be hanging on by my fingernails in Horizon A with woof, Ryno, reddpen, and KillerTomato. Did I miss anyone?

ETA Uh, yeah, I meant A Continental. Alternative facts, man...
Last edited by ElendilPickle on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

ElendilPickle wrote:I'll be hanging on by my fingernails in Horizon A with woof, Ryno, reddpen, and KillerTomato. Did I miss anyone?
You, of course, mean Continental A, my old stomping ground.

Well, you won't have me to stomp on anymore. I just woke up from a 2-season absence and discovered I'm in the new Prairie A.... with cbec and a whole lot of names that I don't recognize. Huge rundle with 32.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

RandyG wrote:
ElendilPickle wrote:I'll be hanging on by my fingernails in Horizon A with woof, Ryno, reddpen, and KillerTomato. Did I miss anyone?

Well, you won't have me to stomp on anymore. I just woke up from a 2-season absence and discovered I'm in the new Prairie A.... with cbec and a whole lot of names that I don't recognize. Huge rundle with 32.
Jason Sterlacci has posted here and been on J!
Another in your group posts here not using his real name and has not been on J!
cbec
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by cbec »

RandyG wrote:

And we shall meet on MD1. I finally get to face my referrer!
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Any advice for a rookie?
1stlvlthinker

Post by 1stlvlthinker »

Bayou R. Here we go! I've been doing pretty poorly at the 1DS, but it's all fun anyways, and I'll learn a lot!
Now swimming in the J! pool.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

After 5 seasons where I was able to escape relegation (often miraculously), my less-than-stellar performance last season has moved me down from Piedmont D Div 2 to Piedmont E Div 2. Here's to clawing my way back up to D! :)
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

econgator wrote:Rundles are up. I'm where I pretty much always have -- been C Pac 2.
<waves>