Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

bpmod
Rank

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by bpmod »

MarkBarrett wrote:Thanks for the feedback, JLJ & Myron. The blackout notice thing appears during the commercial breaks as only the ads tied in nationally to J! seem to air and not the local ones for the Alabama area. Yes, the game is complete and it's good to know it's watchable with the shared link.

I'm not much for shopping around and experimenting. Originally I tried Open Broadcaster Software and did not like it. My next search turned up Bandicam and I liked the design and use of it. The free version had a 10-minute limitation. I paid $40 for full use on my one computer and I'm happy. No doubt there are free versions that could do the job. Camtasia did not turn up when I was doing my searching.
I haven't been able to get the file to play. Might be something to do with an international boundary between me and it. I clicked on the download button, and, after about an hour, it has downloaded about 97MB. We'll see what I end up with.

But that brings me to another idea. One which would be a very bad idea to discuss here.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

bpmod wrote:But that brings me to another idea. One which would be a very bad idea to discuss here.
The Truly Secret Bunker?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Having the game air early in Montgomery could come in handy in case of some major news story breaking during the day that brings out total network coverage for hours on end. The guy on Reddit uses the Birmingham feed sometimes, which air at 2:30 Central. He must have a sense of humor, as he likes to leave in ads for a local personal injury lawyer I mentioned a while back, the Alabama Hammer.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

This link has the 2/20/17 College Semifinal 1 game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJUVd ... sp=sharing

I tried to zap the commercials this time although I was a touch late for Alex's remarks before giving the FJ! clue.
clprez

Post by clprez »

Thanks Mark. I unexpectedly missed the show and got to watch it.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Could we get Tuesday's game, please?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote:Could we get Tuesday's game, please?
The reddit guy has it uploaded. As usual ignore the thumbnail with the scoreboard spoiler and click in the middle.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

You can watch College Finals Day 2 (2/24/17) here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzJUVd ... FicHM/view

Google Drive does seem to allow control over the thumbnail, so it shows the J! round scores. Blur your eyes and click in the middle without taking in the details.

I'm still working on my editing skills, but it should all be there and in order.
sillymonkey
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by sillymonkey »

Thank you for posting the finale, Mark. I'm going to miss tonight's show and I don't have a recorder, so I'm really glad I got to see the end of this terrific tournament.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Just a heads up to everyone. I'm going to disappear from JBoard (and the internet and all media) starting on Wednesday. I'll be back or at least check back in around mid-April. You guys are great and I love each and every one of you, so don't take this personally. If you need to get in touch, you can still reach me by PM since that will get forwarded to my email.

For boardie mcsheffrey, I've still got your (first) game on my calendar and will upload it and any subsequent games. Best of future retro luck.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

opusthepenguin wrote:Just a heads up to everyone. I'm going to disappear from JBoard (and the internet and all media) starting on Wednesday. I'll be back or at least check back in around mid-April. You guys are great and I love each and every one of you, so don't take this personally. If you need to get in touch, you can still reach me by PM since that will get forwarded to my email.

For boardie mcsheffrey, I've still got your (first) game on my calendar and will upload it and any subsequent games. Best of future retro luck.
So...
You're taping April 12th?
mcsheffrey
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mcsheffrey »

opusthepenguin wrote:For boardie mcsheffrey, I've still got your (first) game on my calendar and will upload it and any subsequent games. Best of future retro luck.
Thank you for thinking of me!
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

opusthepenguin wrote:Just a heads up to everyone. I'm going to disappear from JBoard (and the internet and all media) starting on Wednesday. I'll be back or at least check back in around mid-April. You guys are great and I love each and every one of you, so don't take this personally. If you need to get in touch, you can still reach me by PM since that will get forwarded to my email.

What? You're giving up JBoard for Lent?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

bpmod wrote:

What? You're giving up JBoard for Lent?
Not JBoard specifically. But, yes, I'm taking advantage of the Lenten season to set some things aside for a time so I can pursue Spiritual questions and heavenly matters. For those keeping score at home, I'm not Roman Catholic. I'm formerly conservative Presbyterian and currently attending an Anglican church.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

jeff6286 wrote:

So...
Why April 12th particularly? If my calendar isn't mistaken, mcsheffrey's first game is March 14th. In any event, I'll still be recording all the games. I just won't be watching them on their air dates.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

But how will the CCs reach you to say that you've been chosen to tape????

Enjoy your rest opus. We look forward to your return!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

opusthepenguin wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:

So...
Why April 12th particularly? If my calendar isn't mistaken, mcsheffrey's first game is March 14th. In any event, I'll still be recording all the games. I just won't be watching them on their air dates.
I just picked April 12 since you said you'd check back around mid-April. It used to be bandied about on this board that maybe people should not post much between getting the call and taping the show, lest they post something on the board that draws the attention of the contestant coordinators and potentially endangers their spot. So anyone who suddenly disappears from the board without explanation can be suspected of going into a pre-taping blackout. Of course the show has relaxed their guidelines and now encourages people to tell others that they are going to be taping so this is not much of a concern anymore.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Easter is April 16, so his exile will end then.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Has anybody uploaded tonight's game? I've had a request for it, which I'm happy to fulfill. But if it's already up somewhere, I won't duplicate the effort.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I haven't done my daily upload (yesterday either) because I'm on the road.

Brian