Under Construction

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Under Construction

Post by Robert K S »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:12 amThe home page jboard.tv is a forum listing, the listing comprising a single forum. Instead the home page should just be the "Game Discussions" forum.
Fixed.
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

georgespelvin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:21 pm
georgespelvin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:17 am Supposedly I have a PM for the first time in years, but although I have a notification there is no new PM.
Do I really have a new PM that I can't see or is that just a ghost message that's a glitch?
Do you have an unread PM in your inbox?
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I guess this is farewell. It's been nice knowing (most of) you.
Robert K S wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:45 pm The timeline for the Archive may be a bit longer than for JBoard, sad to say. I will be working on it but it may be a while. I can't say for certain when it will be back up.
I did not want to bring this up publicly, but after single-handedly supporting the Archive for almost 12 years, and the JBoard for over five, I am a little perturbed that we couldn't get a little extra support from the community in my time of need.

Full disclosure: The server on which JBoard and j-archive have run for the past number of years is funded 95% out of my own pocket simply to keep these two sites operational. I have been out of work since December (although I started a new job today) and so have not been able to keep up the payments.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Thank you for your service and your presence in this community, Brian. I hope you won't be a stranger, and I wish you luck and prosperity in your new job.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Yeah, Brian, thank you so much for all that you've done for so many years. I do hope that you can continue to stick around here.
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 pm
georgespelvin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:21 pm
georgespelvin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:17 am Supposedly I have a PM for the first time in years, but although I have a notification there is no new PM.
Do I really have a new PM that I can't see or is that just a ghost message that's a glitch?
Do you have an unread PM in your inbox?
Ah, that was it. I apparently had an unread message from three years ago. What is odd is that it hadn't shown up as being unread before and that it wasn't highlighted as unread now. After you made your suggestion I began clicking on each of the messages until I found one which turned off the unread message notification.
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
Ivoryface86
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Ivoryface86 »

I'm also hoping that the J-Archive site would make its return since the February 12 and 13, 1992 episodes are now on Youtube in 1 video so what would happen to these 2 episodes if Sony blocks that video worldwide from Youtube before the J-Archive site opens up again. Let's hope that Daniel(kingskip) downloads these that video plus the March 12, 1992 episode to add to his collection so that we can add these 3 episodes to the J-Archive when it opens again.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I like the new feature where there is a link when you quote someone back to the original post.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Ivoryface86 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:55 pm I'm also hoping that the J-Archive site would make its return since the February 12 and 13, 1992 episodes are now on Youtube in 1 video so what would happen to these 2 episodes if Sony blocks that video worldwide from Youtube before the J-Archive site opens up again. Let's hope that Daniel(kingskip) downloads these that video plus the March 12, 1992 episode to add to his collection so that we can add these 3 episodes to the J-Archive when it opens again.
PM me direct links, please, so that I may download them onto my computer.
Andy Saunders
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

It was Matthew DiBiase who posted the March 12, 1992 episode last week (that episode did get fully archived before the site went down).

Also, I searched YouTube and could not find the February 12 or 13, 1992 episodes at all.

ETA: I found the episodes from the YouTube user "Liberty Drive."
Last edited by Jeff-thecdboy on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm Avatars appear to be not working.
They seem to work sometimes and not other times. (Interestingly, they appear to work more often on mobile than on desktop)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I have created a GoFundMe campaign where members of the trivia community can express their support for all Brian has done for us for over a decade. If his work keeping trivia sites online and functioning smoothly has meant something to you, now is the time you can show a little support for his largesse over many years. I encourage you to share this link.

https://www.gofundme.com/trivia-communi ... -for-brian
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I'm not seeing names for who voted in the polls.

Thank you Robert for your post about how to thank Brian for his work over the years.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:53 pm I'm not seeing names for who voted in the polls.
Moreover, we're back to the problem from the early days of the board where polls with multiple checkable boxes tally votes by number of boxes checked rather than number of votes. So if the first voter in the FJ poll got all five right plus the three extra questions, and checks the "I got all five" box, the poll will claim nine votes were cast, with each box getting 11% of the votes.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

seaborgium wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:35 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:53 pm I'm not seeing names for who voted in the polls.
Moreover, we're back to the problem from the early days of the board where polls with multiple checkable boxes tally votes by number of boxes checked rather than number of votes. So if the first voter in the FJ poll got all five right plus the three extra questions, and checks the "I got all five" box, the poll will claim nine votes were cast, with each box getting 11% of the votes.
Yes, this needs to be updated for phpBB 3.2.0.
Andy Saunders
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

Also, this holds in case any other games make it up to YouTube during the period where we might not be able to put games in.

Please PM me the link. I will download it and they will be made available to the Archive Team once the site returns to 100%.
Andy Saunders
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

A feature I do like is the "Notifications" in the top right whenever you are quoted, to make you aware that someone may be answering a question you had or something like that. (That would definitely have been useful when I first joined the Sony board in 2009 and had so much questions about how to get on.) Very cool.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:00 pm Also, this holds in case any other games make it up to YouTube during the period where we might not be able to put games in.

Please PM me the link. I will download it and they will be made available to the Archive Team once the site returns to 100%.
I don't know how long they stay up, but the Reddit guy has been posting games for quite a while and often cross posts them on Daily Motion.
AndyTheQuizzer

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

This was a reference to the historical games which often end up being on YouTube for only a few days, not current ones.
Andy Saunders
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

Don't know if it's just me or not, but the J-Archive is back working again.