Friday, June 16, 2017 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Re: Friday, June 16, 2017 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by DBear »

I normally watch at 6pm mountain, but the U.S. Open is pushing J! back to 7pm here. Easy final
(edit: picked up Dan Quayle, Fantastic Four, Hasbro/Mattel, The Executioner's Song trash)
Last edited by DBear on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CailinGaoilge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Location: Ontario, Canada; formerly resident in UK and Ireland

Post by CailinGaoilge »

xxaaaxx wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:36 pm Also, are those of us watching in the 7pm slot getting J! last? Still kinda weird to log on at 7:28 and see 13 replies already :lol:
I get the airing from the Detroit area, and it's at 7:30.
Category 13
Wagering Viking

Post by Category 13 »

xxaaaxx wrote:Not sure what to say about that wager. Her 5900 wager yesterday was terrible as well, but at least I could see the (fawlty) logic; tonight, 5000 wasn't even enough to cover Melanie :roll:
Must have thought she could still end up with 'both bags'.

Could anyone understand what she was talking about in her interview? It got very muddled there at the end.

Lach Trash: Dan Quayle, Fantastic Four, The Executioner's Song
Wheatley

Post by Wheatley »

Lach Trash: Fantastic Four and Hasbro/Mattel. If they merge, hopefully they don't call it "Hasmat."

I would never in a million years have guessed that I'd break a multiweek FJ drought on a classical music question. If it were me at that podium, I would've bet way too small and been kicking myself for it forever.
Coryats calculator, share and enjoy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Mathew5000 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:40 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:13 pm After the opening stumper for Indianan Quayle, I sprung the triple trap door since Melanie not knowing it and clamming was just as bad as the Truman & Johnson misses.
Presumably she thought it was 50/50 between Quayle and Pence.

Incidentally I wonder whether Peter was thinking of Richard M. Johnson, from Beargrass, Kentucky, which is at least close to Indiana. Andrew and Lyndon would make no sense at all.
Wasn't the quote alluding to taking over for the President? That might have been what put the thought of LBJ into his head.
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

dhkendall wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:00 pm Any way I can keep Zola and Dreyfus straight? I knew that clue about the Devil's Island prisoner was about that incident (French, 1890s), but I always get mixed up which was the accused and which was the defender. (I also long have had problems keeping Macbeth and Hamlet straight but I'm starting to get better at that.)
If you need a weird not-directly-related way, for me it's the Archer/Bob's Burger's crossover reference to the Emile Gorgonzola burger with J'accusecumbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAAqD4KnV30
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Peter seemed way too happy about being credited for Final given that he had already won the game.

Count me among those that thought Hasbro bought Mattel a long time ago. Now I realize I was thinking of Kenner (2000).
cthulhu

Post by cthulhu »

I keep Dreyfus and Zola straight because it's called the Dreyfus affair, so Dreyfus is the one who was unjustly convicted and sentenced.

Was very surprised at the sole get on FJ. Didn't the other two contestants ever take piano lessons? And even if not, it's one of Ludwig Van's most famous piano works.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Coryat: $32,600
47 R/3 W
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: Dan Quayle, Elbridge Gerry, Mattel/Hasbro, King Charles II (DD), The Fantastic Four

Didn't feel great about the category going into FJ!, but I was able to salvage the 2/5 week.
Sprinkles are for winners.