Audition Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ten96lt
Valued Contributor

Re: Audition Emails

Post by ten96lt »

Today, I received my confirmation email for the Chicago audition I'm attending with where it's at; along with the sheet we need to fill out with the anecdotes.
terrip
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by terrip »

I received my invitation to Chicago audition this evening. My audition day is Sun May 20. I will be circling the drain in the contestant pool once again. This will be my 3rd audition out of 5 on-line tries - once I was invited to the audition, but couldn't make either of the dates they offered me. :P I scored a 43, as I recall, on the Weds. test.
ten96lt
Valued Contributor

Post by ten96lt »

I wonder if the Jeopardy Coordinators even realize when they're coming to Chicago..........right in the middle of the NATO summit. It's going to be a madhouse downtown.
scornel

Post by scornel »

alamble wrote:
scornel wrote:
Really? I sent my confirmation email on March 2 but still haven't received the confirmation back. Now I'm getting worried...
Check your junk mail folder, then email the contestant coordinators. It shouldn't take them this long to get back to you.

I have done both of those things and still haven't received any type of response back. It appears that I have been skipped over. I don't suppose there's any other way to get in contact with them?
yruey
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by yruey »

First time poster here, but have been using J-archive for entertainment for awhile and recently for my studying.

I got my email about a month ago for a DC audition on Tuesday 4/17 at 3 PM. I know that they are filming the Power Player week in the DC area on 4/20 and 4/21 so I guess they have multiple auditions here in the region? Anyone knows if that's the norm (do they hold auditions for multiple days at a city)? Really looking forward to this, and it has given me quite a motivation to learn about mythology, opera, etc.

I did take the online test for the Eastern time zone, by the way, and don't really have a great gauge of how many I got. I thought I might be close to the threshold but was still quite pleasantly surprised to get the email.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

ten96lt wrote:I wonder if the Jeopardy Coordinators even realize when they're coming to Chicago..........right in the middle of the NATO summit. It's going to be a madhouse downtown.
I don't think it's a coincidence, it was planned that way so that Obama and Harper could try out ...
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
iowabelle
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by iowabelle »

I got mine on the 12th -- got lazy and wasn't reading my email so I was fortunate to still have a place when I confirmed yesterday.

So I'm in Chicago on May 17. Anyone else there? Maybe we could meet up and have a meal or drink afterwards.

This will be my second audition (went in May 2010) and, oddly, the first anniversary of my mom's death. I couldn't have gone to the first audition without her financial assistance.
Johnblue
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Johnblue »

Sorry about your Mom. Good luck that day!

I'm hoping for an invite to the NYC auditions but I'll be in Italy from this Thursday until early April. I hope I don't miss out on another chance!
scornel

Post by scornel »

So I've pretty much accepted that I'm not going to get a confirmation email from when I replied for the March 27 audition in Philly. It just really pisses me off though that I haven't heard back either way! I sent an email stating that I did reply but haven't even received a reply to that! I don't how else you are supposed to get in touch with the them besides hitting the reply button in that initial congratulatory email.
gnuppet

Post by gnuppet »

Woohoo! I got my first ever invitation after taking the test for three of four years now. I got a 44 on the pacific time zone test. My audition is in Boston, 11:30 on May 9th (wednesday) SO PUMPED UP :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
BradsDad
Contributor

Post by BradsDad »

I received my invitation yesterday to audition in Boston. Back into the pool…
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Post by slam »

BradsDad wrote:I received my invitation yesterday to audition in Boston. Back into the pool…
Best of luck!
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

Got an invitation to the May 2 auditions in Cleveland, but I may not be able to make it. First of all, I live in Nashville. Secondly, I'm speaking in Massachusetts the prior weekend and won't be back in Nashville till May 1. The logistics aren't looking good.
Spaceman Spiff
One-and-done J! Champ (and proud of it!)

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

yruey wrote:First time poster here, but have been using J-archive for entertainment for awhile and recently for my studying.

I got my email about a month ago for a DC audition on Tuesday 4/17 at 3 PM. I know that they are filming the Power Player week in the DC area on 4/20 and 4/21 so I guess they have multiple auditions here in the region? Anyone knows if that's the norm (do they hold auditions for multiple days at a city)? Really looking forward to this, and it has given me quite a motivation to learn about mythology, opera, etc.

I did take the online test for the Eastern time zone, by the way, and don't really have a great gauge of how many I got. I thought I might be close to the threshold but was still quite pleasantly surprised to get the email.
Congrats on the audition!

And, to answer your basic question, they usually have done multiple days in DC; when I had mine two years ago, I believe Maggie said it was eight sessions over three days. I can't speak for other cities, but at least for major cities (NYC, Chicago) it makes sense to set it up for multiple days. Realistically, they can't do more than 25-30 people in a session, so they need the extra time.

(as a point of reference, back before the online test, when they came to DC, they'd be in a huge ballroom with about 300 people taking the test, and had three sessions a day for an entire week! Of course, only about a dozen people would pass each test, so the "mock test" part took less time than it does now.)
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

I'm curious:

Considering the massive number of invitation emails going out, are they actually planning on inviting *anyone* from the March 28th test, or are they just paying lip service to us?
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

OntarioQuizzer wrote:I'm curious:

Considering the massive number of invitation emails going out, are they actually planning on inviting *anyone* from the March 28th test, or are they just paying lip service to us?
Looked like the cities were mostly the same, so I can't see them inviting too many extra.
ten96lt
Valued Contributor

Post by ten96lt »

I'm guessing some spots are reserved for this upcoming test, but I'm sure the majority of spots were given out from the previous test.
Spaceman Spiff
One-and-done J! Champ (and proud of it!)

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ten96lt wrote:

I'm guessing some spots are reserved for this upcoming test, but I'm sure the majority of spots were given out from the previous test.
Or they could be used for next year's auditions.
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Post by slam »

ten96lt wrote:

That seems reasonable or they might add an extra few sessions in at least some of the cities.

@OntarioQuizzer: It hasn't been my sense over the years that TPTB aren't just paying lip service to us. They don't always do everything I'd like (especially put me on the show!), but I think they basically seem to operate with integrity.
Last edited by slam on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSpiceWeasel
Contributor

Post by TheSpiceWeasel »

Just got my e-mail for the Cleveland audition in May.

I'm almost 100% sure I didn't put down Cleveland as my city of choice though. I think I put down DC or something a lot closer to where I live (on the Eastern seaboard).

To those of you posting what your score was on the online test: how in the heck were you able to keep up with that? It was tough enough just typing in the answers before time was up!