Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Bamaman »

I went back and looked up his games and it seems the wagering police have been after him for three years.

The article mentioned his ballet shoe collection coming up in his game. His interview transcript is in the game thread on this board. I wonder if they used j-board as a source.
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

Bradley Walsh has been rumored to be the next companion for Doctor Who. He played the Jerry Ohrbach equivalent on Law and Order UK, but more pertinent to jboard members, he is the host of the original UK The Chase.

Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

Are other people having a problem accessing Yahoo Mail right now? I'm wondering if a lot of their servers are in the area of Hurricane Harvey.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:13 pm Are other people having a problem accessing Yahoo Mail right now? I'm wondering if a lot of their servers are in the area of Hurricane Harvey.
Unless Verizon has changed things in the couple of months since they took over, Yahoo doesn't have any data centers in Texas. (Their U.S. data centers are in the suburbs of Buffalo, the suburbs of Chicago, Omaha, and in the middle of nowhere in Washington state.)
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

trainman wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:08 pm
Cat Hammarskjold wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:13 pm Are other people having a problem accessing Yahoo Mail right now? I'm wondering if a lot of their servers are in the area of Hurricane Harvey.
Unless Verizon has changed things in the couple of months since they took over, Yahoo doesn't have any data centers in Texas. (Their U.S. data centers are in the suburbs of Buffalo, the suburbs of Chicago, Omaha, and in the middle of nowhere in Washington state.)
That's good to know. I finally was able to access my email again about fifteen minutes ago.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

When he's not writing letters to the AAA magazine, Alex Trebek is doodling for the New York Times Magazine.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Evocative of a certain Boardie mentioned in tonight's game:

Piper Kerr.jpg
Piper Kerr.jpg (21.91 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 pm Evocative of a certain Boardie mentioned in tonight's game:

Piper Kerr.jpg
I wouldn't call the penguin "indifferent". Looks like he or she is standing at attention to me. It's not our fault we can't salute. No elbows.

On another note, I'm curious why the picture doesn't show up in the quoted portion and is replaced by (presumably) a filename.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Decades showed an episode of The Comedy Shop from 1979 with a special guest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwQdmOi ... e=youtu.be
jeopardyfan87
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jeopardyfan87 »

The first player from the very first year of Celebrity Jeopardy! in '92 to pass away. I was hoping he would have been around a little longer so all 15 of those celebrities could be back for a 25th anniversary week, and I even posted about it on the Jeopardy! Facebook page as well earlier this year. Looks like the idea for that occasion is off. :( :( :(

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/robert- ... 202598171/
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

He had a stroke a few years ago so I doubt he would have been able to appear for a reunion. I did enjoy his character. Never saw him as anyone else.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Knowing there are a lot of Mapheads here, some of these are interesting:

http://twistedsifter.com/2017/10/maps-t ... reference/
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

For the movie enthusiasts among us, famous movie lines animated:

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

BTW, I have installed an extension that should automatically make a URL that looks like a video into a displayed video (see my post immediately above). Hopefully we will be back to being able to post videos on here.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:20 am BTW, I have installed an extension that should automatically make a URL that looks like a video into a displayed video (see my post immediately above). Hopefully we will be back to being able to post videos on here.
Yay! (Although, sadly, old posts with the [video] tag don't show. (I just checked) :(
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

dhkendall wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:33 pm
alietr wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:20 am BTW, I have installed an extension that should automatically make a URL that looks like a video into a displayed video (see my post immediately above). Hopefully we will be back to being able to post videos on here.
Yay! (Although, sadly, old posts with the [video] tag don't show. (I just checked) :(
I think those would have to be edited individually. I'm not going back and doing that. There may be a fix for that in the future, but for now, oh well.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

I can watch the first quarter before leaving for church. Yeah, I think I'll go with the Fox game instead of the CBS game. This is what happens when the 49ers are at home for an afternoon game and the Raiders have their bye week.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Looks like your prayer was answered. Vikings over the Redskins 38-30.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

We all know how important clams can be on the show. Not sure about these.
Attachments
C8ABA612-5014-43BC-9F19-4F98F95615A6.jpeg
C8ABA612-5014-43BC-9F19-4F98F95615A6.jpeg (136.33 KiB) Viewed 6279 times
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Freaking Firefox...57.0 broke -EVERYTHING-
Luckily loading the 52 ESR package over the top restored mostly everything...still lost my history bar but I'll have to deal.

I want to keep my plugins you jerks!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)