Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by NoWhammies10 »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:00 pm Thanks! Have fun at the audition! Sit up front and look like you're having the best time ever!
Sage advice. Thanks!
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:38 am FWIW, this is the most depressing thread ever

Even more depressing: when I hear that many players auditioned 2, 3, 4 or more times before getting on the show, my soul is crushed

I've had one audition - that's right - one - after 'passing' the online test consistently for many years. 7 or 8 years for 1 audition, while others get an audition almost every year.

I suspect there are sinister forces at work here

On the upside, I am enjoying my swim in the pool and I believe The Call will come. God help me if it doesn't :P
Through dumb luck, I had a first audition earlier this year after my first online test, but my husband, a seasoned test-taker, is still waiting, waiting, waiting with fingers crossed. We can't will an audition invite--it's like a lightning strike, so celebrate mightily if you get one. We have to view this thread with hope, anticipation, and goodwill toward those who have been tapped to audition, or else, yeah, it becomes a source of daily disappointment--the proverbial "watched pot." Congrats to those who've been summoned by the "Jeopardy!" Gods (or their electronic minions). You are going to stand in the presence of Glenn, Maggie, Corina, and their associates, and that is an awesome prize in itself. I've encountered people who received The Call mere weeks after auditioning all the way to TWO YEARS afterward, well past the time they'd assumed they were thoroughly dried off from their swim in the pool. Chin up, Morbeedo. The J!Gods work in mysterious ways, none of them sinister. It'll happen for you at the right time, whenever that may be!
billiej
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by billiej »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:38 am FWIW, this is the most depressing thread ever

Even more depressing: when I hear that many players auditioned 2, 3, 4 or more times before getting on the show, my soul is crushed

I've had one audition - that's right - one - after 'passing' the online test consistently for many years. 7 or 8 years for 1 audition, while others get an audition almost every year.

On the upside, I am enjoying my swim in the pool and I believe The Call will come. God help me if it doesn't :P
Well, I've never gotten an invite, and am pretty confident I've passed a few times. No choice but to stay hopeful and keep plugging away. :mrgreen:
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

billiej wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:09 pm

Well, I've never gotten an invite, and am pretty confident I've passed a few times. No choice but to stay hopeful and keep plugging away. :mrgreen:
Good positive vibes! I like it!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

not one single audition, 7 or 8 straight passes.

Currently realizing the show will probably skip my chosen city for the third straight time before the next test.

It makes me wonder if people who pass that are in that random drawing for any given city keep their ability to be in that random drawing when the show does go to that city. Meaning, if I pass three tests and choose three different cities...am I in three random drawings if the show chooses to go to all three of those cities; or is all previous information tossed into the dumpster fire and the process for everyone not in the pool starts anew with each online test.

Just like the Tootsie Roll mystery of how many licks to get to the center, the world may never know.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
jsm378
Valued Contributor

Post by jsm378 »

[/quote]
Just like the Tootsie Roll mystery of how many licks to get to the center, the world may never know.
[/quote]

Tootsie POP!!!
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

jsm378 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:18 pm
[/quote]

Tootsie POP!!!
[/quote]

Tootsie roll center of a Tootsie Pop
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

NoWhammies10 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:20 pm TORONTO!

Check your emails. Just got an invite to an audition on November 14th. I am OVER THE MOON!
2:00? If so, see you there! :D
rouquinne

Post by rouquinne »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:00 pm
NoWhammies10 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:54 am Your time will come. I've taken the test every year for the last six years (10 if you count Teen Tournament as well) and this is the first time anything's come of it. Good luck in the pool!
Thanks! Have fun at the audition! Sit up front and look like you're having the best time ever!
I did that the last time - the infamous Maggie even asked me if I was going to be trouble and I answered "I hope so" - it didn't help! :lol:
NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

rouquinne wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:37 pm
NoWhammies10 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:20 pm TORONTO!

Check your emails. Just got an invite to an audition on November 14th. I am OVER THE MOON!
2:00? If so, see you there! :D
Nope, 10:00.
RobW
Boy, this was fun! :)

Post by RobW »

doitneatly wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:16 pm This afternoon I got an invitation to audition in Denver on August 18th.

I think I got a 40 on the June test.

Good luck to all of the others who are similarly fortunate, and even more to others waiting to hear! (this is my first audition invitation after 4 or 5 "successful" online tests)

Rob
doitneatly wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:34 pm I just finished in Denver too.
Some stats about my group:

•16 people (or maybe it was 19?)

•I think there were 4 women among us

•My June online test score was 40, but today's was probably worse (I can recall ten twelve misses and 25 gets)
just got The Call... :o :shock:
formerly known as doitneatly
twitter: @rob_worman
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

doitneatly wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:06 pm
doitneatly wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:16 pm This afternoon I got an invitation to audition in Denver on August 18th.

Good luck to all of the others who are similarly fortunate, and even more to others waiting to hear! (this is my first audition invitation after 4 or 5 "successful" online tests)

Rob

•My June online test score was 40, but today's was probably worse (I can recall ten twelve misses and 25 gets)
Congrats and good luck.
rouquinne

Post by rouquinne »

doitneatly wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:06 pm just got The Call... :o :shock:
Congratulations!!!!

Remember to breathe! :lol:
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Rob

Wooo! Congrats! Get out there and ... do it neatly I guess ...
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
AlphaDummy
Valued Contributor

Post by AlphaDummy »

Congrats, guy!! :mrgreen:

And I see that dhkendall beat me to it...but, yeah. That. (Unless you would rather do it sloppy...your call. Have fun out there in any event...)
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

Rob

Congrats...I was in the morning session.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

I saw somewhere, probably on Facebook, the rescheduled Houston auditions are coming the first week of December. I can only guess Tampa will be after that (it was postponed as well, wasn't it?).

I can only hope North Carolina won't be passed over this time and that will come after Tampa.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

Which cities haven't yet had auditions (from the latest online test)?
Setho
Valued Contributor

Post by Setho »

Baltimore and DC. Given the many DC contestants on the show, the fact that they haven't conducted auditions might be on purpose. Then again, it would be nice if they showed Baltimore some love.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Magna wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm Which cities haven't yet had auditions (from the latest online test)?
Charlotte

Raleigh was never visited from the last round of testing.