Thursday, November 9, 2017 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Thursday, November 9, 2017 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by twelvefootboy »

What a week! I have just finished binge watching all 5 episodes since I was traveling last week. Haven't caught up to the message boards yet.

I'm actually surprised this was a solo get, that the boardies struggled with it, and that it is highly respected as a clever clue. It was an instaget once I determined they wanted the state, and not the fruit, but I did recklessly just go to Washington as the pavlov for apples. I thought the whole selling apples thing was a cliche and I question that it was such a difference maker to many families. Somebody has to have money to buy them.

Just finished Friday's finale (no spoilering here). Sad to see a couple of the losers culled out, but no shame in the 9 finalists. Betting hasn't been ferocious, and I don't expect it until it gets to loser-go-home territory next week.

I agree with the poster that likes the where and when category. That is very fun.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

"Northanger Abbey", despite being very Hawley-Smootish, rings no bells for me.

All but "Lone Wolf and Cub" in Manga. Hat tip to all the weebs I know in the furry fandom. :P

"Archenemy" can refer to Satan? That clue confused me.

Ran Making Words.

I thought "date Julius Caesar was murdered" was the easiest in Where & When.

I knew it was referring to selling apples, but I had no guess on a state.
jgrishow1
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by jgrishow1 »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:09 pm
jgrishow1 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:36 pm Didn't Alexander the Great die in the 4th Millennium BC (323 BC) and not the 1st?
323 BC would be the 4th century BC. (I had a similar thought when watching, then I realized my error.)
Oops. Stupid me.