Matt Lauer Being Considered as Alex's Successor

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

squarekara
J! Reactionary

Re: Matt Lauer Being Considered as Alex's Successor

Post by squarekara »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm I heard Watson is facing a harassment charge from his former housekeeper.
And I recall that Watson was one blip away from giving the inappropriate response "panties" to at least one clue in a televised game. Does anyone remember the details? (Rosie, you go, girl!)
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:13 pm I'm sure there are many of capable women available for the job.
+1
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

squarekara wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:50 pm
Bamaman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm I heard Watson is facing a harassment charge from his former housekeeper.
And I recall that Watson was one blip away from giving the inappropriate response "panties" to at least one clue in a televised game. Does anyone remember the details? (Rosie, you go, girl!)
Go down about six clues: http://archives.hypervocal.com/entertai ... ogi-berra/
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Imagine if they had never deleted Urban DIctionary from Watson's knowledge base.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Ironhorse wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26 am Imagine if they had never deleted Urban DIctionary from Watson's knowledge base.
That makes me wonder what associations Watson would bring forth for Santorum :mrgreen:
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

I don't remember this thread from its original posting. Seeing it now just makes me sad. For all the women who've been misused, for all the people we've admired and who turn out to be abusers, and, hell for America. Pray for constructive change.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Just for a moment putting aside the obvious implications about knowing contestants and the like... I think Kara herself would be a good choice for successor. :)
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I'm obviously too dumb to be Alex's successor.

But I can do a decent impersonation of Johnny Gilbert, so maybe I can be HIS successor
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:11 pm I'm obviously too dumb to be Alex's successor.

But I can do a decent impersonation of Johnny Gilbert, so maybe I can be HIS successor
Johnny Gilbert should be considered immortal until proven otherwise. :D
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Ironhorse wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:07 pm Just for a moment putting aside the obvious implications about knowing contestants and the like... I think Kara herself would be a good choice for successor. :)
Oh, honey. . . if you only knew how insufferable I've become just from winning the one game! I know it's kinda ghoulish to speculate on the subject since no AT retirement plans have been announced, and I don't want to jinx anybody by the mere mention of their name, but I'll go ahead and say NOT Wolf Blitzer.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

squarekara wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:16 pm
Ironhorse wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:07 pm Just for a moment putting aside the obvious implications about knowing contestants and the like... I think Kara herself would be a good choice for successor. :)
Oh, honey. . . if you only knew how insufferable I've become just from winning the one game! I know it's kinda ghoulish to speculate on the subject since no AT retirement plans have been announced, and I don't want to jinx anybody by the mere mention of their name, but I'll go ahead and say NOT Wolf Blitzer.
My high school history teacher was nearly a spitting image of Wolf Blitzer and I've come to conflate the two in my mind, so I can easily imagine Blitzer waxing eloquent on the Federalist Papers. I'm sure my teacher would have been more successful on the show, too.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Carpe Diem wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:21 pm
triviawayne wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:13 pm I'm sure there are many of capable women available for the job.
+1
Again, I don't wanna jinx anyone, but. . . fun, super smart, good on camera, would engage players AND studio audience. . . Aisha Tyler!
NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

squarekara wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:06 pm
Carpe Diem wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:21 pm
+1
Again, I don't wanna jinx anyone, but. . . fun, super smart, good on camera, would engage players AND studio audience. . . Aisha Tyler!
I'd like to go off the board with Katy Tur from NBC News for $50, Jack.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

I've always thought that is should be someone like Danica McKellar or Mayim Bialik, so that we can get more math and science questions.
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:11 pm I'm obviously too dumb to be Alex's successor.

I kind of now hope this came up in your Wheel episode in some fashion.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:16 pm I've always thought that is should be someone like Danica McKellar or Mayim Bialik, so that we can get more math and science questions.
We would get fewer math and science questions, because they're capable enough at those subjects to veto the bad clues that currently get through.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

badgerfellow wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:32 pm

I kind of now hope this came up in your Wheel episode in some fashion.
No, but if I could imitate Jim Thornton...
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:11 pm But I can do a decent impersonation of Johnny Gilbert
Now this I have to hear. Post a video!

(And don’t worry about being too dumb to beat Alex. How many of those answers you think he knows? Keep in mind he has them written in front of him, you just have to be a genial host and know how to let the contestants shine. (In that sense, if we’re nominating boardies, I nominate OntarioQuizzer to succeed Alex)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

dhkendall wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:11 pm But I can do a decent impersonation of Johnny Gilbert

(And don’t worry about being too dumb to beat Alex. How many of those answers you think he knows? Keep in mind he has them written in front of him, you just have to be a genial host and know how to let the contestants shine. (In that sense, if we’re nominating boardies, I nominate OntarioQuizzer to succeed Alex)
I mean, some of us have experience hosting Jeopardy!...

/Christ I was fat
//As I recall, I was hosting this with a cold and took every ounce of my energy to not go into a coughing jag every few minutes
///Took one category in DJ! directly from one of the Watson games because I liked it so much
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

NoWhammies10 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:05 am
dhkendall wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 pm

I mean, some of us have experience hosting Jeopardy!...

/Christ I was fat
YOU were fat?? The last time I was interviewed on TV I reminded my wife that "The camera adds ten pounds." When she saw my segment airing, she asked "How many cameras did they HAVE on you??!!??"

:roll: