Matt Lauer Being Considered as Alex's Successor

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Matt Lauer Being Considered as Alex's Successor

Post by alietr »

John Boy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 am YOU were fat?? The last time I was interviewed on TV I reminded my wife that "The camera adds ten pounds." When she saw my segment airing, she asked "How many cameras did they HAVE on you??!!??"

:roll:
NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

alietr wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:25 am
John Boy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 am YOU were fat?? The last time I was interviewed on TV I reminded my wife that "The camera adds ten pounds." When she saw my segment airing, she asked "How many cameras did they HAVE on you??!!??"

:roll:
http://hiyoooo.com/
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

Ironhorse wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:14 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:11 pm I'm obviously too dumb to be Alex's successor.

But I can do a decent impersonation of Johnny Gilbert, so maybe I can be HIS successor
Johnny Gilbert should be considered immortal until proven otherwise. :D
If we had a LIKE button available to us, I would like this post 10,000 times!

:lol:
zerobandwidth
That Guy Who Said "Yay!"

Post by zerobandwidth »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:16 pm I've always thought that is should be someone like Danica McKellar or Mayim Bialik, so that we can get more math and science questions.
For kickass famous women who have also been published in scientific journals and would probably be good hosts, see also Natalie Portman.

It seems like "Celebrity Scientists" would make a great category regardless of whether one was eventually picked as a J! host. It could just pick randomly from the list of people with a defined Erdos-Bacon Number, which is in itself a delightfully silly but fascinating statistical journey.
Battle of the Brains contestant, 1995-1997
Jeopardy! match 34:13, 2017-09-27
LearnedLeague: PatersonP (LL76: D Summit Div2)

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
— from Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest
acthomas
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by acthomas »

zerobandwidth wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:35 pm
Cat Hammarskjold wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:16 pm I've always thought that is should be someone like Danica McKellar or Mayim Bialik, so that we can get more math and science questions.
For kickass famous women who have also been published in scientific journals and would probably be good hosts, see also Natalie Portman.

It seems like "Celebrity Scientists" would make a great category regardless of whether one was eventually picked as a J! host. It could just pick randomly from the list of people with a defined Erdos-Bacon Number, which is in itself a delightfully silly but fascinating statistical journey.
I'll admit that half the reason I'd like to be on a game show is to get myself a defined Bacon number and join this weird club. Jeopardy (Trebek 2, contestant 3) and Millionaire (Harrison 2, contestant 3) get you there!
mikebdoss
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mikebdoss »

acthomas wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:24 pm I'll admit that half the reason I'd like to be on a game show is to get myself a defined Bacon number and join this weird club. Jeopardy (Trebek 2, contestant 3) and Millionaire (Harrison 2, contestant 3) get you there!
Pat Sajak and Vanna White both have Bacon numbers of 2 as well (though through different movies).
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Okay, if film extra work counts, I'm a Bacon "2." And, for whatever it's worth, I used to babysit the children of the guy who resolved Stokes Conjecture regarding water wave behavior. Does that get me anywhere?
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

I was a member of the team that won WHIO-TV's High-Q in both the 2000-01 season and 2001-02 season, which was hosted by Mike Hartsock, the WHIO-TV sports reporter. Mike Hartsock had once been on a WHIO-TV newscast when Phil Donahue was still there. Kevin Bacon was on at least one of Phil Donahue's shows. I once proofread a paper of someone with an Erdos number of 6. Does this count for anything?