Geek Bowl 2018

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Armandillo
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Geek Bowl 2018

Post by Armandillo »

As some of you likely know, Geeks Who Drink is having their annual Geek Bowl in Boston on Saturday, Feb. 17th.

I would like to have a team, but am still looking for players (6 to a team, we only have 3, including me).

For those of you unfamiliar with GWD, it's pop culture-heavy pub trivia (way more Jeopardy, than Learned League).

If interested, reply below or send me a message! There is no cost to play!

Oh yeah, there are huge cash prizes for teams that place. Almost forgot to mention it :P

-A
jeff6286

Re: Geek Bowl 2018

Post by jeff6286 »

Armandillo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:11 pm As some of you likely know, Geeks Who Drink is having their annual Geek Bowl in Boston on Saturday, Feb. 17th.

I would like to have a team, but am still looking for players (6 to a team, we only have 3, including me).

For those of you unfamiliar with GWD, it's pop culture-heavy pub trivia (way more Jeopardy, than Learned League).

Oh yeah, there are huge cash prizes for teams that place. Almost forgot to mention it :P

-A
there is indeed a cost to play, I believe something in the range of $150 per team, maybe more. Hard to give away huge cash prizes without charging entry fees.
Armandillo

Post by Armandillo »

Correction: There is no cost to play on my team. I am not charging people to join us :D
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by immaf »

You lost me at "pop culture-heavy". I would not be an asset to your team.
Teems with quiet fun.
Kebert Xela
Contributor

Post by Kebert Xela »

Armandillo wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:11 pm As some of you likely know, Geeks Who Drink is having their annual Geek Bowl in Boston on Saturday, Feb. 17th.

-A
I'm down in case you haven't checked your PMs.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Sorta interested, but never played Geek Bowl before. Pretty good with pop culture overall, but with a few weak spots. Keep me posted if you still need people
eveman
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by eveman »

My team is still looking for one more player.