Learned League 75 - Official Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Learned League 75 - Official Thread

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

This season has seen an annoying number of games for me where I've had the right answer in the box and then changed it right before submitting. Yesterday took the cake though. I had Eminem down for Q6, then accidentally tapped the back button on my tablet and all my answers erased. When retyping them, I decided that Eminem was too obvious a guess, and changed it to Drake. Stupid fat fingers.

Wouldn't have affected my (ultimately a) loss, but I'd have liked to have had the correct answer.

Also, I've submitted day MD25 already, which means I've completed my 2nd Completist Cup, and 20 full seasons of LL without a forfeit, 3,600 Qs in total. I do love this game, and I already can't wait for next year. (Already signed up for the MLs, and you should too, unless you don't want to.)
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I have equaled my personal best TCA (110 in LL72), and there are still six questions left! I have gotten 0(0) in the last match of a season before, which fittingly capped off my stint in A Central. (A Laguna has, through some luck, been much kinder to me. A 0(0) now would at worst knock me from #3 to #7.)
edit: oh, and I'm up against JenningsK.

I too have submitted, and have thus now participated in 25 full seasons of LL without a single forfeit.
Last edited by seaborgium on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SBurrus
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by SBurrus »

A 3(2)-3(3) tie on MD24 has me at 8-14-2 on the season and in 16th place in my rundle, one point shy of avoiding relegation. It will all come down to MD25 to see whether I stay in D rundle next season or head back to E. With my 2 correct answers on MD24, I tied a career high for correct answers in a season with 53.

What is very frustrating is that I do not have a career high for match points. My opponents have pretty much stifled me on defense this season...with only one 3-pointer. Meanwhile, I've done a decent job of keeping matches close for the most part, only allowing 1.17 points per correct answer, good for 4th in the rundle.
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

Do the results of Q1 mean only 1/3 of LLamas do crossword puzzles?
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

dinghammer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:59 am Do the results of Q1 mean only 1/3 of LLamas do crossword puzzles?
heh, and thanks to crosswords, I couldn't get past Asti on the Spumante question.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

mennoknight wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:39 am
dinghammer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:59 am Do the results of Q1 mean only 1/3 of LLamas do crossword puzzles?
heh, and thanks to crosswords, I couldn't get past Asti on the Spumante question.
Same here on both. But I believe that I am now safe from relegation. Big sigh of relief.
1stlvlthinker

Post by 1stlvlthinker »

Welp, I'm headed to relegation, from D back to E. Funny thing is I got more questions right this season that I have in my previous 3 seasons, but also gave up more questions right, and played horrible horrible defense (including the time I outsmarted myself by assigning 0 to the World Cup question to a person bad in sports, but living in Italy).

Here's hoping I can start the climb again in LL76!
Now swimming in the J! pool.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I got that, but not because of crosswords (which I do, but not on a regular basis). It's just that Pepys, Nin, and Anne Frank are the only people primarily famous for their diaries that trivia expects us to know.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

So are we cheering on any boardiellamas to win their rundle or stave off relegation on this last match day?

Patkav needs only a win or tie (or a loss by 2nd place) to sew up A Magnolia. Go Pat!
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

boson wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:34 am So are we cheering on any boardiellamas to win their rundle or stave off relegation on this last match day?

Patkav needs only a win or tie (or a loss by 2nd place) to sew up A Magnolia. Go Pat!
acthomas leads B Summit, already has locked up promotion to A.

I'm in the same boat in B Midland.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Even though I'm poised for my best finish ever in an A rundle I'm still more concerned with my DE and winning the Sandra award. My chances took a hit yesterday, though, and I dropped to fourth. My opponent missed his zero pointer (Medvedev). Come on, man, a little help here!
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Such a weird season for me in B Continental. Sat pretty in 1st place - inexplicably - from MD 10-18, then tumbled to 7th with 4 consecutive L and just landed in the bottom of the promotion zone at 5th place with yesterday's 9(6) W to follow Monday's 1(1) L

Promotion to A - and certain humiliation - is a coin toss at this point!

On to MD25 - good luck, kids!
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:59 am Even though I'm poised for my best finish ever in an A rundle I'm still more concerned with my DE and winning the Sandra award. My chances took a hit yesterday, though, and I dropped to fourth. My opponent missed his zero pointer (Medvedev). Come on, man, a little help here!
Yeah, I've give up 2 points in the past two days and am not about 30 behind MuellerP. I don't feel like doing the math, but it's a safe guess that it won't be easy to pass her.

And considering my precarious position in the rundle, I wonder if I could be the first Sandra winner ever to be relegated?
rjaguar3

Post by rjaguar3 »

I'm up against JBoarder kickerofelves today. Best of luck!

(I'm also going to get relegated, but I think I deserved it; I was completely out of my league with the other B Typ(e)s.)
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

morbeedo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:08 am Such a weird season for me in B Continental. Sat pretty in 1st place - inexplicably - from MD 10-18, then tumbled to 7th with 4 consecutive L and just landed in the bottom of the promotion zone at 5th place with yesterday's 9(6) W to follow Monday's 1(1) L

Promotion to A - and certain humiliation - is a coin toss at this point!

On to MD25 - good luck, kids!
Good luck to you! On behalf of A Continental we can't wait to devour welcome you.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:59 am Even though I'm poised for my best finish ever in an A rundle I'm still more concerned with my DE and winning the Sandra award. My chances took a hit yesterday, though, and I dropped to fourth. My opponent missed his zero pointer (Medvedev). Come on, man, a little help here!
Yep, I gave up another point yesterday to slam, bringing my UffPA to 10 for the season. I'm still hanging on to my lead in the Sandra standings, but SterlacciJ is right there behind me.
clprez

Post by clprez »

After starting out 0-5, I'm at 10-13-1 which means that even if I lose today, I'm still not in the relegation zone.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

boson wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:34 am So are we cheering on any boardiellamas to win their rundle or stave off relegation on this last match day?

I don’t know if anyone would be inclined to cheer for me but after having spent so many seasons in D I was elated to go to C this season because I always felt I belong in C. However I’m currently at 20th. 21st and down are relegated. So, yeah I’ll need a win (and for others to do poorly)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
clprez

Post by clprez »

dhkendall wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:02 pm

I don’t know if anyone would be inclined to cheer for me but after having spent so many seasons in D I was elated to go to C this season because I always felt I belong in C. However I’m currently at 20th. 21st and down are relegated. So, yeah I’ll need a win (and for others to do poorly)
Well I'm selfishly rooting for you. I am in D and our H2H is 0-5. :D
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

dhkendall wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:02 pm So, yeah I’ll need a win (and for others to do poorly)
So long as you win, it'll be hard for you to be overtaken (the person behind you would have to win their match by 4 more points than you scored. You'll win any tiebreaker if it's 3).