Learned League 75 - Official Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ouachiouat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Learned League 75 - Official Thread

Post by ouachiouat »

My first 1DS for the season was Seinfeld Minutae. Kind of bummed it didn't take my response of "waitress/cashier at Monk's" for Q11, since I moneyed it and would've gotten 95 more points had it been deemed correct. I guess she wasn't technically a waitress? Oh well. Looking forward to 2 or 3 other 1DS, plus 2 of the MLs. Not doing the Wall Street, I don't feel like going 0-the entire ML on questions! Ha!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

ouachiouat wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:02 pm My first 1DS for the season was Seinfeld Minutae. Kind of bummed it didn't take my response of "waitress/cashier at Monk's" for Q11, since I moneyed it and would've gotten 95 more points had it been deemed correct. I guess she wasn't technically a waitress? Oh well. Looking forward to 2 or 3 other 1DS, plus 2 of the MLs. Not doing the Wall Street, I don't feel like going 0-the entire ML on questions! Ha!
52nd percentile. I won't be able to show my face in temple again.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

I was quite proud of myself for thinking of Ruthie Cohen. I also considered Peterman, Frank Costanza, and Susan, but just couldn't believe any of them could possibly have been in over 100 episodes.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 pm I was quite proud of myself for thinking of Ruthie Cohen. I also considered Peterman, Frank Costanza, and Susan, but just couldn't believe any of them could possibly have been in over 100 episodes.
I was quite annoyed that description was acceptable instead of requiring the character name. If you call your quiz minutiae then don’t go easy on the players!

Ended up deciding against moneying it figuring lots of people could guess the cashier and cost me the chance to win.

Serenity now!!
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

jeff6286 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 pm I was quite proud of myself for thinking of Ruthie Cohen. I also considered Peterman, Frank Costanza, and Susan, but just couldn't believe any of them could possibly have been in over 100 episodes.
I was quite annoyed that description was acceptable instead of requiring the character name. If you call your quiz minutiae then don’t go easy on the players!

Ended up deciding against moneying it figuring lots of people could guess the cashier and cost me the chance to win.

Serenity now!!
Still a fine showing by you, Jeff. I award you the "Feats of Strength" medal for your efforts! :)
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

For the record: 22, 29, and 29.
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

Totally blanked on the Yev Kassem question, answered the Drake. Got to HATE the Drake.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I finished in the top 50 in the Rare Video Games 1DS. (A few days ago when I saw it in the upcoming topics, I made sure to do a quick Google and remind myself of the title of "Air Raid," which I thought was inevitable as an answer and likely to be little gotten.) I had five answers I was sure of and one fairly informed guess of 1990, moneyed four of the ones I knew and 1990 (in favor of what I thought was the easiest, Final Fantasy VII), and pondered over the Sega Genesis question for a little longer. Once I came up with Blockbuster Video, I was sure enough of it to money it, then un-moneyed Primal Rage and submitted, then immediately thought, "Ooh, I should have un-moneyed Earthworm Jim instead." Sure enough, only 38% missed that (even less than Final Fantasy), whereas 67% missed Primal Rage. Those 29 points would have put me at #24 instead of #44, but I'm pleased anyway.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

HA! Just 'Cannonball' was acceptable for Daytona 1D Q10. I was wondering how I managed to get past the 40th percentile on that one.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

Going along with the thread on LL about best/worst returns on One-Days, yesterday I finished in the 97th percentile despite only getting 6 right on "Reviews." :o I would've had 7 and finished four places higher if not for an RTFQ fail (typed "Gettysburg Address" instead of the speaker).
Hoping for a third lap
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

I thought I'd do a little better in "Machines" since I got ten right. That only got me 84th percentile. I should have gone out on a limb a little more on my moneying. Someone managed 10th place with 10 correct and I was way down at 136th.
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

ML groups are out. I'm in 104 in pop culture with McNittS, and 65 in JI:Sport. Don't recognize any boardies, but I know few handles.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

I'm in Group 84 of Gen X Pop Culture with cmp146, and I'm occupying Group 40 of Wall Street. I don't recognize any other J! alum or boardies.
Hoping for a third lap
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I can't believe this guy needed to ask the audience, let alone that 90% of them didn't get the right answer of 'C'.

Llamathrust.jpg
Llamathrust.jpg (54.39 KiB) Viewed 6489 times
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Gen X Pop Culture: Group 112
Wall Street: Group 50
Just Images Sports: Group 136

I am in Wall Street with MeyerMM, so there's one loss right there. Didn't recognize any other boardies, but I don't know that many people's real names.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

134-gen x
28-wall st
90-sports

In the sports mini league I have DevineW - 8th overall in LL75, gaudy qpct, won two A rundles, yet to participate in a proctored event. Ready for the bloodbath.

I've had a great run of 1ds:top 5% three times, top 20 twice. But then this weekend comes and I literally couldn't answer a single question in all three quizzes. I hope the mini leagues aren't like that.
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

sarisson wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 pm I'm in Group 84 of Gen X Pop Culture with cmp146, and I'm occupying Group 40 of Wall Street. I don't recognize any other J! alum or boardies.
Well, we have nowhere to go but up in Group 84 for GenX Pop Culture. I am only doing the one ML this time around. Good luck to everyone!
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

I'm in Group 81 for GenX and 24 for Sports.

Its my first foray into MLs. How do they pick the groups? Random? I'll be in E rundle for LL76, but theres is pretty wide variety of rundles (from A to R) in each of my groups.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Group 24 for Gen X Pop Culture (and 1st place I might add :lol: )
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

alietr wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:15 am I can't believe this guy needed to ask the audience, let alone that 90% of them didn't get the right answer of 'C'.
Classic. :lol:

I'm in both the Gen X and Sports Images MLs.