Erin Zweiner in Time magazine

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Case
Jeopardy! Contestant

Erin Zweiner in Time magazine

Post by Case »

A three-day Jeopardy! champion from 2012, Erin is now featured in the January 29, 2018 edition of Time magazine. I enjoyed reading what she's been up to since I met her while waiting for her to lose (they wouldn't let us play against each other since we were both members of this discussion board), and I thought some of y'all might remember her and be interested in reading also.
Jeff-thecdboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Erin Zweiner in Time magazine

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

In case anyone doesn't remember Erin (or how close she came to winning her games), here's her stats:

http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7987
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Anyone here know enough about Texas politics to take a guess on her chances of winning while running as a Democrat from that area.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Zwiener. I before e except after Labor Day.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

Bamaman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:59 pm Anyone here know enough about Texas politics to take a guess on her chances of winning while running as a Democrat from that area.
Here's a recap of the district's performance 2010 to date: https://ballotpedia.org/Jason_Isaac

Isaac is the incumbent Republican state representative, first elected to the House in 2010. He is vacating the seat to run for the U.S. House in the 21st District, which is rated "safe Republican".
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Blue Lion wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:44 pm
Bamaman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:59 pm Anyone here know enough about Texas politics to take a guess on her chances of winning while running as a Democrat from that area.
Here's a recap of the district's performance 2010 to date: https://ballotpedia.org/Jason_Isaac

Isaac is the incumbent Republican state representative, first elected to the House in 2010. He is vacating the seat to run for the U.S. House in the 21st District, which is rated "safe Republican".
Thank you. It seems he ran unopposed in 2016 and only a Libertarian ran in 2014. The last two times a Democrat ran, he only got 53% of the vote. She probably faces an uphill battle, but you never know. Much easier to win an open seat than to beat an incumbent.
arjavrawal
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by arjavrawal »

That makes the second J! champ running for office this cycle, I believe -- Richard Cordray is running for Governor of Ohio. Dave Belote was also running in VA's 2nd district (and had a darn good chance of winning), but unfortunately dropped out.
TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button

Post by TreehugginCowgirl »

Well this isn't what I expected to find while googling myself tonight :) How are y'all doing?

The Texas Tribune just named this race one of the most flippable house seats in Texas. We've had massive demographic shifts over the past decade (Hays County is one of the fastest growing in the country), we have an open seat, and this district only went red in 2016 by 4.5%. So yeah, this race is anyone's in November, but first I have to get through a primary run-off in two weeks :)
TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button

Post by TreehugginCowgirl »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:03 pm Zwiener. I before e except after Labor Day.
You are my favorite person right now. I recently released an ad filmed at our local wiener dog races, and all the shares with "Zweiner" and "weiner" hurt my heart a little.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

The runoff primary in HD-45 took place yesterday, and Erin won the nomination: https://elections.dallasnews.com/2018-r ... e/859e71f7