Adult tests March 6,7,8, teen test March 15

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

AlphaDummy
Valued Contributor

Adult tests March 6,7,8, teen test March 15

Post by AlphaDummy »

https://www.jeopardy.com/be-a-contestant/

Haven't signed up yet - have to check a couple of schedule things first. But...yeah.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: Adult tests March 6,7,8, teen test March 15

Post by triviawayne »

no choice of audition city, there goes me trying to game the system, not that it's worked for me to get an audition or anything...

With this going by zipcode, at least this only puts me in the Philadelphia region instead of the entire northeast region.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

So, my husband went to the J! site to check on his info, etc., and he did not find our major metropolitan area listed among the audition cities. Bummer, since I know they've been here multiple times in the last year. Looks like it'll be a day's drive if he's lucky enough to get an audition.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

The only test I can take is Thursday at 11PM. Eh, we'll see.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

squarekara wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:37 pm So, my husband went to the J! site to check on his info, etc., and he did not find our major metropolitan area listed among the audition cities. Bummer, since I know they've been here multiple times in the last year. Looks like it'll be a day's drive if he's lucky enough to get an audition.
Where did you see audition cities?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I think they're just messing with me now, the cities are getting even FURTHER away!

For those (like me) who registered when there was no city, you can add one now. Your categories choices are:
  • Atlanta
  • Cleveland
  • Detroit
  • Honolulu
  • Los Angeles
  • New Orleans
  • New York
  • Philadelphia
  • Portland
  • St. Louis
  • San Francisco
  • Memphis
If you live in Winnipeg, just throw a dart, one is as good as another.

(And, also, which Portland? I'm assuming Portland, OR, but Portland, ME is a not-insignificant city. I might choose that one (Portland, OR) as I've been there before, I know people in the area, and it's my favourite American city I've been to. (Before you wonder why I didn't say where you live, keep in mind there's a very strong chance I haven't been to where you live.) I will have to consult with mrs. dhkendall first though to see where she'd like to go.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

dhkendall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm I think they're just messing with me now, the cities are getting even FURTHER away!

For those (like me) who registered when there was no city, you can add one now. Your categories choices are:
  • Atlanta
  • Cleveland
  • Detroit
  • Honolulu
  • Los Angeles
  • New Orleans
  • New York
  • Philadelphia
  • Portland
  • St. Louis
  • San Francisco
  • Memphis

(And, also, which Portland? I'm assuming Portland, OR, but Portland, ME is a not-insignificant city. I might choose that one as I've been there before, I know people in the area, and it's my favourite American city I've been to. (Before you wonder why I didn't say where you live, keep in mind there's a very strong chance I haven't been to where you live.) I will have to consult with mrs. dhkendall first though to see where she'd like to go.)
That's the list? Yeah, I'll pass.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

econgator wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm
squarekara wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:37 pm So, my husband went to the J! site to check on his info, etc., and he did not find our major metropolitan area listed among the audition cities. Bummer, since I know they've been here multiple times in the last year. Looks like it'll be a day's drive if he's lucky enough to get an audition.
Yeah, they're listed, as David points out, somewhere as you verify your contact information with the site. No Chicago this time.
My audition a year ago was held during a particularly bad snowpocalypse. They probably thought, forget that! Lets do Honolulu!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

squarekara wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 pm
econgator wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm
Yeah, they're listed, as David points out, somewhere as you verify your contact information with the site. No Chicago this time.
My audition a year ago was held during a particularly bad snowpocalypse. They probably thought, forget that! Lets do Honolulu!
They just added them recently, though, they weren't there when I signed up (it let me sign up without a city, but it's also giving me the option to add one), they could very well have been missing when squarekara's husband signed up too.

I am thinking if you haven't registered yet, it'll be given as a choice when you sign up for the test. If you've already signed up before the cities were announced, you go to edit your profile and go to the "online tests" tab
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

I'm wondering if I should choose Cleveland, Detroit, or St. Louis. They all take 4-5 hours to get to.
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

Since I'm still in the pool from last time in Denver, I'll pass. Good luck all.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

My husband registered me (without my knowledge or approval!) with the J! site prior to the October 2016 test date, so I don't know what kind of info they gave about audition cities at that time. However, I do seem to recall typing in "Chicago" as my preferred audition city as I logged in for the test itself. Maybe they start with a few target cities and add to that list based on demand, so EVERYBODY SHOULD REGISTER.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Cleveland rocks!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
earendel
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by earendel »

I'm in for Cleveland.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
billiej

Post by billiej »

dhkendall wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm I think they're just messing with me now, the cities are getting even FURTHER away!

• Atlanta
  • Cleveland
  • Detroit
  • Honolulu
  • Los Angeles
  • New Orleans
  • New York
  • Philadelphia
  • Portland
  • St. Louis
  • San Francisco
  • Memphis

(And, also, which Portland? I'm assuming Portland, OR, but Portland, ME is a not-insignificant city. I might choose that one (Portland, OR) as I've been there before, I know people in the area, and it's my favourite American city I've been to. (Before you wonder why I didn't say where you live, keep in mind there's a very strong chance I haven't been to where you live.) I will have to consult with mrs. dhkendall first though to see where she'd like to go.)
I WISH it was Portland ME. That would be too good to be true, especially as there is no Boston. Guess it's NYC for me....
GoodStrategy
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by GoodStrategy »

Re: Portland - I contacted TPTB, and it's Oregon.
Wpwells

Post by Wpwells »

Okay, this is the time. I live in Memphis, and my girlfriend lives in St. Louis. This has to be the time I get an audition.
mikebdoss

Post by mikebdoss »

In the pool, so this is the first time in over a decade I don't have to think about the tests. Good luck everyone!
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Cleveland and Detroit are about a 2 hour drive apart... weird to have auditions at both. They are both about the same distance from me. I think I'll pick Cleveland since I've never been there.
Tabby
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Tabby »

Thank you for posting about the test. Otherwise I don't think I would have known about it. No notice from Jeopardy and without the link I wouldn't have found it on their web site.

And everyone can please stop picking Cleveland as their audition city!