HQ Trivia

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: HQ Trivia

Post by seaborgium »

jeff6286 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:40 pm
seaborgium wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm
jeff6286 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:34 pm Last nights HQ gave $15,000 to seven winners, $2,143 each, second largest prize ever. Much like the two players who won $6000 each on Christmas Eve and the one player who won $1500 solo, none of these players had ever won before and I predict they will likely never win again.
One of those people is ahead of the other six on the leaderboard with $2,144, so she must have been one of the 2,006 winners last Thursday afternoon (or perhaps one of the 3,116 last Tuesday evening. I guess we'll see if she's still ahead of the rest on the weekly leaderboard after tonight).

Speaking of the weekly leaderboard, I just got to #72 by logging a win, my second in less than a week, today!
Seems I missed a big win in the past, there are actually 14 players now with $2143 or $2144, so there must have been a previous $15k game also split between 7 players. I guess the most recent race must not have been reflected yet in the leaderboard when I looked at it the other day.
Yeah, the first "15 for 15" game on January 21 had 7 players splitting $15,000.

I enjoy the fact that one of the most prolific winners, "tstst," is on the leaderboard behind 16 players who have won exactly once. (I'm rooting for a Paul Paquet comeback, but he might be earning steadier money from them now.)
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

One of the $6,000 winners from Christmas Eve won $34.25 tonight.

edit:
seaborgium wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm One of those people is ahead of the other six on the leaderboard with $2,144, so she must have been one of the 2,006 winners last Thursday afternoon (or perhaps one of the 3,116 last Tuesday evening. I guess we'll see if she's still ahead of the rest on the weekly leaderboard after tonight).
That player (AmandaKathxo) is now down to $2,143 with the other six winners from Sunday on the weekly leaderboard, so it was indeed last Tuesday night when she first won.
Blue Lion
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Blue Lion »

Had my best day on HQ yesterday. Got the first 11 questions correct, then biffed Q12, which named three CEOs and asked which of their companies had the largest market cap. I answered "Jeff Bezos", who is the world's richest person, but the company with the largest cap is Apple, so "Tim Cook" was was the correct answer.

That brain fart cost me the princely sum of $11.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I guess maybe I should get a PayPal account, since tonight's win has bumped my total above $750.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

seaborgium wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:53 pm I guess maybe I should get a PayPal account, since tonight's win has bumped my total above $750.
Nice going!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:53 pm I guess maybe I should get a PayPal account, since tonight's win has bumped my total above $750.
Nice win. In my circle of family and friends such an occasion would have us citing this line:
Spoiler

squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Cash Show broadcast with a live host for the first time today. Some of it was a little cringe-y, but at least we know he's alive and well.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

squarekara wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:53 pm Cash Show broadcast with a live host for the first time today. Some of it was a little cringe-y, but at least we know he's alive and well.
My video dropped out the moment he was saying his name. Did you catch it?
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

seaborgium wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:35 pm
squarekara wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:53 pm Cash Show broadcast with a live host for the first time today. Some of it was a little cringe-y, but at least we know he's alive and well.
No, I never saw it! At first, there was just black screen w/ active chat. To get the video to come up, I had to exit and rejoin. No one has posted it on YouTube yet, but I assume it's coming. I was genuinely worried that this host was reading questions under duress as a captive in North Korea, so it was a relief to see him.

UPDATE: just saw YouTube upload. Host gives his name as "Raphael."
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Early on in my playing of Cash Show I saw some random in the chat give his name. I remembered it as "Rafael Stein," but I guess it's Rafael Siegel.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

seaborgium wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:52 pm Early on in my playing of Cash Show I saw some random in the chat give his name. I remembered it as "Rafael Stein," but I guess it's Rafael Siegel.
Yep.
Sprinkles are for winners.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

I've only seen HQ, CashShow, and The Q discussed in this thread, but there are now a bunch of knockoffs, many of which have given three-digit per-player jackpots within the last week or so. Here is a list of the other games I am aware of, along with my referral code for each:

Beat the Q (BuzzVideo app) - 0933 5559
Genius - BigDaddyMatty
Hangtime - BigDaddyMatty
Joyride - BigDaddyMatty
QuizBiz (live.me app) - QB16866253
SwagIQ - Mattyfied

If you're only going to play one or two, I recommend SwagIQ and Beat the Q. Those seem to have the best combination of a) fair, answerable questions, b) good payouts, and c) reliable tech.
Sprinkles are for winners.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

squarekara wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 pm
seaborgium wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:35 pm
No, I never saw it! At first, there was just black screen w/ active chat. To get the video to come up, I had to exit and rejoin. No one has posted it on YouTube yet, but I assume it's coming. I was genuinely worried that this host was reading questions under duress as a captive in North Korea, so it was a relief to see him.

UPDATE: just saw YouTube upload. Host gives his name as "Raphael."
Can you post the YouTube link? Cash Show isn’t available to play in Canada since the new update came out so I can’t see it but am curious how he behaves live.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

dhkendall wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:15 am Can you post the YouTube link? Cash Show isn’t available to play in Canada since the new update came out so I can’t see it but am curious how he behaves live.
Uh oh. I don't know how to post a link. :oops: Can somebody help out? The YouTube source is "Flip Review."
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Forth HQ.jpg
Forth HQ.jpg (53.13 KiB) Viewed 5818 times
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

Cash Show's crapped out on me. Can't load the app without updating, and it says it's not available in the Canadian store. No more hold card cash.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
billiej

Post by billiej »

mennoknight wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:46 am Cash Show's crapped out on me. Can't load the app without updating, and it says it's not available in the Canadian store. No more hold card cash.
You didn't get your mojo going.
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

Okay, so which of these many apps DO allow us Canadians to get in on the fun without the issues that HQ has?
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

billiej wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:03 pm
mennoknight wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:46 am Cash Show's crapped out on me. Can't load the app without updating, and it says it's not available in the Canadian store. No more hold card cash.
You didn't get your mojo going.
I'm bummed, but I'm not too bummed.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

rouquinne wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:48 pm Okay, so which of these many apps DO allow us Canadians to get in on the fun without the issues that HQ has?
HQ’s had far fewer issues of late - I’d hazard to say they’re actually the most stable of the ones I play
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012