HQ Trivia

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: HQ Trivia

Post by seaborgium »

Today's last game of Cash Show got me out on the first question, asking for the star that's closest to the earth besides the sun. The choices were Polaris, Alpha Centauri A, and Proxima Centauri. I said Proxima Centauri; they had Alpha Centauri A as correct. (I would have gotten out on the first money question anyway.)
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

seaborgium wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:47 pm Today's last game of Cash Show got me out on the first question, asking for the star that's closest to the earth besides the sun. The choices were Polaris, Alpha Centauri A, and Proxima Centauri. I said Proxima Centauri; they had Alpha Centauri A as correct. (I would have gotten out on the first money question anyway.)
Yeah... I got out there too... You would think they would just read the Wikipedia page.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

boson wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:50 pm
seaborgium wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:47 pm Today's last game of Cash Show got me out on the first question, asking for the star that's closest to the earth besides the sun. The choices were Polaris, Alpha Centauri A, and Proxima Centauri. I said Proxima Centauri; they had Alpha Centauri A as correct. (I would have gotten out on the first money question anyway.)
Yeah... I got out there too... You would think they would just read the Wikipedia page.
You'd even think the word "Proxima" might clue them in ...
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

econgator wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:00 pm
Yup, right with you both. If Cash Shows going to be a viable thing in the long term, they’re going to have to invest in better question writing and editing.

squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Woof wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:17 am
Yup, right with you both. If Cash Shows going to be a viable thing in the long term, they’re going to have to invest in better question writing and editing.

Guys, definitely let Cash Show know when they've screwed up. There are too many errors to recall, but they sent me some extra lives and apologized over something I called to their attention via e-mail. (Maybe everyone got this--they didn't specify what it was!)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

squarekara wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Guys, definitely let Cash Show know when they've screwed up. There are too many errors to recall, but they sent me some extra lives and apologized over something I called to their attention via e-mail. (Maybe everyone got this--they didn't specify what it was!)
I’ve pointed out to them via email that due to the upgrade not being available in Canada, I can play any more (and my winnings are “stuck” there), but never heard back. :(
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

dhkendall wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:42 pm I’ve pointed out to them via email that due to the upgrade not being available in Canada, I can play any more (and my winnings are “stuck” there), but never heard back. :(
Whatever issue that led them to respond to me could have occurred weeks ago, so give 'em some time. (I was amazed by any response at all.) If you don't hear back, pose the question directly, like why are you fraudsters holding up my cold, hard cash?
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

My hope is that, if I don't win tonight's $50,000 HQ game, there will be 76 winners or more (i.e. at least double the 38, among whom I count myself, who won the $25,000 last week), so that my position at #26 on the all-time leaderboard doesn't take a huge knock.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

seaborgium wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:26 pm My hope is that, if I don't win tonight's $50,000 HQ game, there will be 76 winners or more (i.e. at least double the 38, among whom I count myself, who won the $25,000 last week), so that my position at #26 on the all-time leaderboard doesn't take a huge knock.
I didn't win, and way fewer than 76 won. But 6 winners splitting $50,000 means I still get to call myself the #4 highest earner among those who have never gotten a four-digit payout for a single game.
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

dhkendall wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:42 pm

I’ve pointed out to them via email that due to the upgrade not being available in Canada, I can play any more (and my winnings are “stuck” there), but never heard back. :(
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling? It updated fine in Ontario on my android phone!
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Hello, you fool. I love you. C’mon, join the Joyride. Download the Joyride app. Also, use my username, BigDaddyMatty, at sign-up.

(Those were the original lyrics, but the record producer decided they weren’t “radio-friendly.”)

Last edited by BigDaddyMatty on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sprinkles are for winners.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

cmp146 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:09 am
dhkendall wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling? It updated fine in Ontario on my android phone!
Nope, because it’s not in the Apple App Store anymore for some reason. :(
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Cash Show attempted another live transmission last night, but this time with a different host. We experienced a lot of glitching, lagging, and video dropout. They dressed some poor schmo like a "nerd" to host, but his energy was pretty low. I actually prefer the other guy.
Bartleby
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Bartleby »

The live Cash Show last night featured a question asking for the artist who sculpted a statue of David. The correct answer was Michelangelo of course but they also included Donatello, who is most famous for his bronze statue of David.
I would prefer not to.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Cash Show seems to have switched to paying out only exact dollar amounts, no cents. The upshot is that the prize questions don't start paying out until later now, since they can't distribute $x among more than x people. Only questions 10 and 12 were actually worth money in today's last game (the prizes rolled over from Qs 6-10, adding up until the prize was large enough to distribute, and then the total was too small again at 11 and rolled over into 12).
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

seaborgium wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:07 pm Cash Show seems to have switched to paying out only exact dollar amounts, no cents. The upshot is that the prize questions don't start paying out until later now, since they can't distribute $x among more than x people. Only questions 10 and 12 were actually worth money in today's last game (the prizes rolled over from Qs 6-10, adding up until the prize was large enough to distribute, and then the total was too small again at 11 and rolled over into 12).
I noticed this too, as I was out on q10 and didn't get any money. What was confusing is the note still says prize is less than $0.01 so there is a rollover, which clearly it wasn't as only around 1300 people got q9 correct and the prize was listed as $750. I sent them a message but haven't heard back.
tjconn728

Post by tjconn728 »

classicroadster wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 am
seaborgium wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:07 pm Cash Show seems to have switched to paying out only exact dollar amounts, no cents. The upshot is that the prize questions don't start paying out until later now, since they can't distribute $x among more than x people. Only questions 10 and 12 were actually worth money in today's last game (the prizes rolled over from Qs 6-10, adding up until the prize was large enough to distribute, and then the total was too small again at 11 and rolled over into 12).
I noticed this too, as I was out on q10 and didn't get any money. What was confusing is the note still says prize is less than $0.01 so there is a rollover, which clearly it wasn't as only around 1300 people got q9 correct and the prize was listed as $750. I sent them a message but haven't heard back.
Speaking of Cash Show problems, has anyone gotten a payout from them recently? I had heard it can take a week or so, but I cashed out two weeks ago and it is still "under review." I've acquired an other $30+ since then but I'm hesitant to waste any more time there if they're not paying. I've also emailed them, but have not gotten a response.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

tjconn728 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:19 pm Speaking of Cash Show problems, has anyone gotten a payout from them recently? I had heard it can take a week or so, but I cashed out two weeks ago and it is still "under review." I've acquired an other $30+ since then but I'm hesitant to waste any more time there if they're not paying. I've also emailed them, but have not gotten a response.
I cashed out on 2/26 and I'm also in review still.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

I just started playing HQ within the last week. In tonight's game I was eliminated after the first question, despite the fact that I got it right and I responded to it with plenty of time to spare. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Sorry is this has come up before, but I'm too lazy to go back and look through the entire thread.