Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by morbeedo »

twelvefootboy wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:31 am
Quantum wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 pm Good luck to you also, morbedo! It sounds as though you would be a really interesting contestant to have on the show!
:shock:

While this is a temporary Morbeedo thread - how's the Boston training? You've finished your last long runs and tapering a couple of weeks now? Did you go 20 or 22 miles for your last long run? Or is that not a thing now? Hope you get a decent day to run and they haven't ruined the event with all the bombing paranoia overreaction.
We went up to Boston this weekend to run the last 20 miles of the marathon course. So I met Heartbreak Hill -
not intimidated! :shock:

Training has been ok. Haven’t been able to run as much as I wanted, so I’ll do a one week taper

Thanks for the good vibes! Ask me again about it on April 16th!
arjavrawal
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by arjavrawal »

Anyone gotten a call for TT auditions yet? Seems like adult tests have had crazy turnaround.
akrites
Valued Contributor

Post by akrites »

Anyone heard about St. Louis? Also, does anyone think that J!6 scores play a role in who gets in person auditions?
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

akrites wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:45 pm Anyone heard about St. Louis? Also, does anyone think that J!6 scores play a role in who gets in person auditions?
J!6 is good practice, but I doubt those scores factor into the audition invites. It's a random draw from the pool of qualifiers. My husband chose St. Louis too, and he hasn't heard anything either. I think it's a little early to expect any word.
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

squarekara wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 pm
akrites wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:45 pm Anyone heard about St. Louis? Also, does anyone think that J!6 scores play a role in who gets in person auditions?
J!6 is good practice, but I doubt those scores factor into the audition invites. It's a random draw from the pool of qualifiers. My husband chose St. Louis too, and he hasn't heard anything either. I think it's a little early to expect any word.
Yeah, I'm not a pool wannabe, but J6 would be a terrible metric. I quit messing with it but Alexa missed my answer at least once a day. It also is too easy to just get the clues on another device and game a perfect score (or a credible 90%, etc..).
Good luck, all you fishes!!
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
akrites
Valued Contributor

Post by akrites »

squarekara wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:03 pm
I wasn't thinking so much of the score but whether they used it to gauge enthusiasm for Jeopardy. Just speculating.
klakins

Post by klakins »

I took the online test for the first time on March 7th. I got an email about 10:30 last night inviting me to the New York City audition on April 25th. Looking forward to the experience!
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

klakins wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:38 am I took the online test for the first time on March 7th. I got an email about 10:30 last night inviting me to the New York City audition on April 25th. Looking forward to the experience!
Awesome! Congratulations on the audition. May the odds be ever in your favour.
Kingrat47
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Kingrat47 »

After ten years, I'm going swimming again! New York on April 24! Huzzah!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Kingrat47 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am After ten years, I'm going swimming again! New York on April 24! Huzzah!
Congrats, and well deserved. Knock 'em dead!
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

Kingrat47 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am After ten years, I'm going swimming again! New York on April 24! Huzzah!
It's great to hear this. Congrats and good luck!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

boson wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:39 am
klakins wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:38 am I took the online test for the first time on March 7th. I got an email about 10:30 last night inviting me to the New York City audition on April 25th. Looking forward to the experience!
Awesome! Congratulations on the audition. May the odds be ever in your favour.
one test and an invite--i would say they already are!

go git it!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
tksaleija
Contributor

Post by tksaleija »

arjavrawal wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:39 am Anyone gotten a call for TT [Teen Tournament] auditions yet? Seems like adult tests have had crazy turnaround.
I'm just going to bump this because I'm interested and want to make sure it doesn't get buried in case somebody has some insight.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Congrats! Best of luck with the audition.

I think you and I both auditioned in Toronto in 2008, so I hope your latest audition is a good omen for me. My two auditions have been in 1998 and 2008, so I could use the every-ten-year pattern.
mborer
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by mborer »

I took the online test for the first time last month and I'll be at the Los Angeles audition on April 10! It's been my lifelong dream to be on the show so I am super excited to be there! :D

Post by Kingrat47 »

boson wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:06 pm
Congrats! Best of luck with the audition.

I think you and I both auditioned in Toronto in 2008, so I hope your latest audition is a good omen for me. My two auditions have been in 1998 and 2008, so I could use the every-ten-year pattern.
I was there indeed! I’m wishing you your own decennial dip in the pool!
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

Online test: January 2007
Invite: ? April 2007
Audition: May 24, 2007
Call: Didn't happen

Online test: Every year until 2017
Invite: None

Online test: February 2018
Invite: April 2
Audition set for April 26 in NYC
Fingers: Crossed

I'm in Newfoundland, Canada, so I had to scramble to get my passport renewed. Never been to New York. Last audition was in Boston.
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

koam wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:00 pm Has anyone heard of emailed Audition invitations following the January home test?
I did the online test in January (or was it February?) and received an email audition invitation on April 2.
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

I almost never play J!6 but I got an audition invite this week.
klakins

Post by klakins »

Pointer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm Online test: January 2007
Invite: ? April 2007
Audition: May 24, 2007
Call: Didn't happen

Online test: Every year until 2017
Invite: None

Online test: February 2018
Invite: April 2
Audition set for April 26 in NYC
Fingers: Crossed

I'm in Newfoundland, Canada, so I had to scramble to get my passport renewed. Never been to New York. Last audition was in Boston.
Pointer, what a coincidence - I’m also going from Newfoundland to NYC! I’m in the April 25 audition group, though.