Thursday, April 5, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Peter the accountant
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Thursday, April 5, 2018 Game Recap and Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Peter the accountant »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 amIs everyone here actually writing their response down and making sure they've got it down before the time is up? I suspect not.
Since my whole reason for getting involved here is to improve my play to make a decent shot at getting on the show, I am writing down my answers every time. I have stretched the 30 seconds a couple of times, but usually that's to write down a wrong answer instead of leaving it blank. All a part of the training to write something down.

I'm also watching in real time along with the game and blurting out my answers before (or along with) the players to practice the necessary speed of thinking. If I don't answer as quick as the on-screen players, I didn't get it right. And since I get to answer every question, I also divide my coryat by 3 to get a rough idea of how well I did compared to the actual players - figuring that only being able to win the buzzer race 1/3 of the time is a good enough approximation for now.
--Peter
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

econgator wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:29 pm Words cannot express how much I was hoping he got that right.
Same here. But looking back, a tie-breaker clue at $1 would have been pretty funny.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Peter the accountant wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:48 pm And since I get to answer every question, I also divide my coryat by 3 to get a rough idea of how well I did compared to the actual players - figuring that only being able to win the buzzer race 1/3 of the time is a good enough approximation for now.
That’s a good idea, though I don’t think I’ll officially record my 1/3 score. Keep in mind, though, that the contestants also have a chance to increase their score on the DDs and FJ that we don’t. Maybe compare your 1/3 score with their Coryats rather than their actual scores.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
lisa0012
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by lisa0012 »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:35 pm
lisa0012 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:43 am When i see the word "Dahomey" i sing "Namibia", then finish the Animaniacs Nations of the World song.
Did you get a chance to see Animaniacs Live in Arlington a few months back? It was a ton of fun.
That was a thing? No way! I would have!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

lisa0012 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:20 pm
BigDaddyMatty wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:35 pm
lisa0012 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:43 am When i see the word "Dahomey" i sing "Namibia", then finish the Animaniacs Nations of the World song.
Did you get a chance to see Animaniacs Live in Arlington a few months back? It was a ton of fun.
That was a thing? No way! I would have!
😲
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012