DHKendall - did you just win $8333.33?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

DHKendall - did you just win $8333.33?

Post by BobF »

On HQ?
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Re: DHKendall - did you just win $8333.33?

Post by squarekara »

Whaaaa? I just checked the leaderboard, and the DHKendall avatar needs a goofy cat photo (or similar) immediately!! Congrats!!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

yes, that's him!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

Way to go, David!
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
RobW
Boy, this was fun! :)

Post by RobW »

Whoop whoop!!
Bravo!
formerly known as doitneatly
twitter: @rob_worman
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

dhkendall wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 pm Disneyland is on my to-go list for my SoCal visit upon The Call. (Or more precisely, on my kids’ list, I’ve never been anxious to go and the more I hear about it (namely the crowds and prices) the less interest I personally have.)
I'm recalling this post from the 3/19/18 poll thread. The big win does not help with "The Call" or crowds. David: Enjoy whatever you and your family decide to do to celebrate. Well done.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 am
dhkendall wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 pm Disneyland is on my to-go list for my SoCal visit upon The Call. (Or more precisely, on my kids’ list, I’ve never been anxious to go and the more I hear about it (namely the crowds and prices) the less interest I personally have.)
I'm recalling this post from the 3/19/18 poll thread. The big win does not help with "The Call" or crowds. David: Enjoy whatever you and your family decide to do to celebrate. Well done.
Go on an off-peak weekday and pack your own snacks!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

It occurred to me this morning that this payday represents a bigger payout than 2/3 of Jeopardy contestants get. Will we see a seismic shift in the interest about Jeopardy vis-a-vis its online competitors?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 am
I still have on record that if I got a lot of money, I’d buy a motorhome. Unfortunately $8333.33 isn’t quite “a lot of money”.

It will help if I get The Call and lose my first game because at least I have already won more in trivia. (And if I win less than $8333 in my first game, I got another game of J! to play!) [Edit: similar to what Woof said]
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

squarekara wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:28 pm Whaaaa? I just checked the leaderboard, and the DHKendall avatar needs a goofy cat photo (or similar) immediately!! Congrats!!
It was pointed out to me on FB that I should get a pic so that I’m not mistaken for a bot. (And with the cold emotions (really, I didn’t dance around, was quite reserved (yes I know Maggie’d hate to hear that) I think it was more shock than anything) and the inability to pass a Turing test (never mind an IQ test) that’s a very honest mistake, so I just used my jboard avatar. (My wife, who watched me play from start to finish as we were resting in bed together at the time, also said “why is your picture a cloud?” so I knew I had to change it.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
BobF

Post by BobF »

dhkendall wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:20 pm
squarekara wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:28 pm Whaaaa? I just checked the leaderboard, and the DHKendall avatar needs a goofy cat photo (or similar) immediately!! Congrats!!
It was pointed out to me on FB that I should get a pic so that I’m not mistaken for a bot. (And with the cold emotions (really, I didn’t dance around, was quite reserved (yes I know Maggie’d hate to hear that) I think it was more shock than anything) and the inability to pass a Turing test (never mind an IQ test) that’s a very honest mistake, so I just used my jboard avatar. (My wife, who watched me play from start to finish as we were resting in bed together at the time, also said “why is your picture a cloud?” so I knew I had to change it.)
Congrats to you. I turned off the game after the last answer was revealed, but my son still had the sound on and I heard them use your nom-de-internet. Really happy for you, enjoy the money.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

Congrats, David! Well played, sir. You upheld the honor of the knights of the J! Board.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Dave the rave!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I saw the screenshot on FB with the three winners. Fried Coelacanth reminded me of Brian Weikle's handle on this board: Coelacanth

Any chance two board members collected?
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 am I saw the screenshot on FB with the three winners. Fried Coelacanth reminded me of Brian Weikle's handle on this board: Coelacanth

Per Facebook it is not him. Brian does not play HQ.
IronNeck

Post by IronNeck »

Congrats, man. Perhaps I should look into HQ myself, heh.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

A little late to reply--this is awesome news! Great job!
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

I only just now saw that extra 3 I hadn't noticed before. That's a heck of a prize!
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:35 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 am I saw the screenshot on FB with the three winners. Fried Coelacanth reminded me of Brian Weikle's handle on this board: Coelacanth

Per Facebook it is not him. Brian does not play HQ.
Okay, thanks for finding out. Just curious.

Yes, nice difference between $8,333.33 and $833.33.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Add one more fanboy for the DHK. I wouldn't ever want to face a final question guess. FWIW, I picked "kiss" as well, with the earworm "sealed with a kiss" song stopping any further cerebral action. In real time, maybe that wouldn't have happened. It seems more obvious, which is probably why 10 people avoided it.
Huge congrats. And thanks for sharing your thought processes and econgator for providing the replay.
Next stop - left podium!
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.