Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by seaborgium »

IronNeck wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 1:09 am
Volante wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 pm
IronNeck wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:37 pm Then again, so is pretending that any US politicians has "basically" chanted "Death to Iran". Just another bald-faced lie.
Video is from 2007. You couldn't even find anything from the last decade!

Even worse, the video shows John McCain, a warmongering lunatic and liar who, last I checked, despised and attacked President Trump as much as any Democrat has. Moreover, he has been openly supporting the Democrats on the Iran Deal.

So...what were you trying to prove here, exactly? That the one lunatic suggesting the US bomb Iran (still very different than your dishonest claim of "Death to Iran") is ON YOUR SIDE of this issue?

Okay, good job.
I have some more goalposts I need moved.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

IronNeck wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:37 pm Then again, so is pretending that any US politicians has "basically" chanted "Death to Iran". Just another bald-faced lie.
Neither could Netanyahu.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Volante wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:04 am
Neither could Netanyahu.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... he-believe

Bombs away: John Bolton's most hawkish views on Iran, Iraq and North Korea
A hawk among hawks, Bolton has advocated for pre-emptive strikes against North Korea and Iran, and pushed anti-immigration rhetoric

Fifteen years ago to the week, the US began its invasion and occupation of Iraq. Among the war’s many architects and cheerleaders was John Bolton, at the time a senior adviser to George W Bush on issues of arms control and international security. And while many early invasion supporters have, in the clear view of hindsight, conceded that the decade-plus long odyssey was at least misguided, Bolton has reached no such conclusion.

Even in the war-happy neoconservative Bush administration, Bolton stood out - a hawk among hawks - and his post-Bush career as a public commentator certainly didn’t see those leanings tempered. He has advocated, to various degrees, pre-emptive strikes and wars against North Korea and Iran, and overall an aggressive military interventionist programme around the world, coupled with staunch anti-immigration rhetoric.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I think I will go buy some popcorn to be ready for the discussion when McCain dies.
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

Bamaman wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:28 am I think I will go buy some popcorn to be ready for the discussion when McCain dies.
Sorry, ate it all already.
IronNeck
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by IronNeck »

Volante wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:04 am
Neither could Netanyahu.
Sure, if you ignore what he actually said. Or if you think 2018-2015 = 3 > 10. Math is hard! Lying is easy!
RandyG wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:00 am He has advocated, to various degrees, pre-emptive strikes and wars against North Korea and Iran
Citation needed. Vague hit pieces without any concrete facts or sources can be safely laughed off as the partisan hackery they are.
Volante

Post by Volante »

IronNeck wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:22 am
RandyG wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:00 am He has advocated, to various degrees, pre-emptive strikes and wars against North Korea and Iran
Citation needed. Vague hit pieces without any concrete facts or sources can be safely laughed off as the partisan hackery they are.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-legal- ... 1519862374
The Legal Case for Striking North Korea First
By John Bolton
Hopefully -his own words- don't qualify as "partisan hackery" though I'm not going to hold my breath...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Volante wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:14 am
By John Bolton
Hopefully -his own words- don't qualify as "partisan hackery" though I'm not going to hold my breath...
Don't feed the trolls. Like any other RWNJ, IN obviously knows what Bolton's frequently publicly announced positions are.
IronNeck

Post by IronNeck »

By John Bolton
North Korea is Iran, now? Can it be any more obvious that you are dishonest and not discussing this in remotely good faith? Hell, I specifically bolded Iran in the quote above when asking for a citation. That either escaped your notice, or it didn't impede you in the least.
RandyG wrote:Don't feed the trolls. Like any other RWNJ, IN obviously knows what Bolton's frequently publicly announced positions are.
You're projecting, Mr. Gold. Your drive-by, irrelevant article about Bolton, which has nothing to do with Iran's nuclear program or the IAEA's inability to investigate anything, was pure trolling, as is your juvenile signature. You're a 62 year-old behaving like a 6 year-old.

Lastly, I have no clue what a "RWNJ" is.
badgerfellow
One and Done

Post by badgerfellow »

IronNeck wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:09 pm
By John Bolton
North Korea is Iran, now? Can it be any more obvious that you are dishonest and not discussing this in remotely good faith? Hell, I specifically bolded Iran in the quote above when asking for a citation. That either escaped your notice, or it didn't impede you in the least.
RandyG wrote:Don't feed the trolls. Like any other RWNJ, IN obviously knows what Bolton's frequently publicly announced positions are.
You're projecting, Mr. Gold. Your drive-by, irrelevant article about Bolton, which has nothing to do with Iran's nuclear program or the IAEA's inability to investigate anything, was pure trolling, as is your juvenile signature. You're a 62 year-old behaving like a 6 year-old.

Lastly, I have no clue what a "RWNJ" is.
RWNJ = Right Wing Nut Job
IronNeck

Post by IronNeck »

badgerfellow wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:24 pm RWNJ = Right Wing Nut Job
Haha, as if we needed any further proof that Mr. Gold is a name-calling child throwing a temper tantrum!
davey

Post by davey »

Presumably this is the piece the Guardian had in mind-
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/opin ... -iran.html
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Ever listen to a song and absolutely hate it... and then re-listen to it a few days later and absolutely love it?
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

The SSA's list of the most common first names for babies born in the United States in 2017 just came out last Friday!

The below infographic is presented without comment except to say that it is my own original work but the concept was stolen from a similar infographic in this highly entertaining article.

most striking infographic ever.png
most striking infographic ever.png (180.71 KiB) Viewed 6941 times
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Xander and Willow, but no Buffy?
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I'm 31 and I don't know what half of these names are even supposed to mean. What the hell is Ximena?

I look forward to the 2028 edition, which will no doubt include Bazinga, Toriel, Despacito, Szechuan, Retsuko, Cuphead, something with a hashtag in it, and Yanny. I mean Laurel. I mean Yanny. No wait, Laurel. No, I'm pretty sure it's Yanny.
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

“Zayden” has to be made up.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:02 am What the hell is Ximena?
Mexican. (And I didn't omit "minus the C and rearranged.")
Volante

Post by Volante »

9021amyers wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 am “Zayden” has to be made up.
Aren't all names made up, though?

Probably shouldn't pick your kids' names while playing Scrabble tho.
Peter the accountant

Post by Peter the accountant »

Volante wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 am
9021amyers wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 am “Zayden” has to be made up.
Aren't all names made up, though?

Probably shouldn't pick your kids' names while playing Scrabble tho.
Why not? qkmozxic sound like a great name to me! :lol:
--Peter