HQ Trivia

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dinghammer
No Relation

Re: HQ Trivia

Post by dinghammer »

seaborgium wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:59 pm
Spoiler
Turtleneck was the answer.
Spoiler
Okay, that's just mean.
Thanks for sharing the question.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Congrats to hanzz and jeff6286 for being among the 45 splitting $25,000 tonight! $555.55 or $555.56 per person.
edit: I hear that Schliemann won too. Confirm/deny?
ohiomathtchr
Contributor

Post by ohiomathtchr »

I don't post much, but I was among the 45 winners last night as well.
Maggie, call me.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

seaborgium wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:23 pm Congrats to hanzz and jeff6286 for being among the 45 splitting $25,000 tonight! $555.55 or $555.56 per person.
edit: I hear that Schliemann won too. Confirm/deny?
Schlie did as well.
nklotz
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by nklotz »

$50,000 prize pool tonight. I'm sure they're going to make us suffer through plenty of "The Voice"-related nonsense but 50k is 50k.
earendel
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by earendel »

nklotz wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 am $50,000 prize pool tonight. I'm sure they're going to make us suffer through plenty of "The Voice"-related nonsense but 50k is 50k.
It's at 11:30 Eastern time, by the way.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

I finally got around to downloading this app. I'm ElendilPickle (surprise!) and I guess people can friend me?
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Tonight's big game makes me wonder what could have been. I got knocked out at question 10, going with Cuba over Sri Lanka despite Sri Lanka being my gut. I don't know what I would have guessed on the Dogs Playing Poker at 11 (I was too busy being pissed at myself), but 12 was wheelhouse (baseball), and 13 was easy for me having re-read The Great Gatsby recently as an adult. 14 I guessed correctly (Titicaca just seemed right), though would have had no idea on 15.

Time for the Cash Show's big game in ten minutes, and I actually have an extra life from the host flubbing a question a few days ago.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I got two wrong on HQ today, missing the island (extra life spent) and the baseball team (knockout). My dad knew the baseball question right away.
merica
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by merica »

seaborgium wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:57 pm I got two wrong on HQ today, missing the island (extra life spent) and the baseball team (knockout). My dad knew the baseball question right away.
I missed last night's game - what was the baseball question?
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

merica wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:33 am
seaborgium wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:57 pm I got two wrong on HQ today, missing the island (extra life spent) and the baseball team (knockout). My dad knew the baseball question right away.
I don't have the exact wording on me, but it asked which franchise did NOT start out as the Washington Senators, with the choices being Brewers, Twins, and Rangers.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

seaborgium wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:24 am
I don't have the exact wording on me, but it asked which franchise did NOT start out as the Washington Senators, with the choices being Brewers, Twins, and Rangers.
Spoiler
The Senators moved and became the Twins, then a second Senators franchise moved and became the Rangers, so the answer was the Brewers (who started as the Seattle Pilots).
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
merica
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by merica »

teapot37 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:19 pm
seaborgium wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:24 am
Spoiler
The Senators moved and became the Twins, then a second Senators franchise moved and became the Rangers, so the answer was the Brewers (who started as the Seattle Pilots).
Thanks. I'm sure I wouldn't have made it that far, but yes that would have been one I would have known.
Seems like HQ questions 3-6 have become easier over the past month or two, but I still get tripped on one around Q7-8 area it seems. I was close to getting in on the $0.26 win last week; my 7-year-old thought that would be funny, to win just over a quarter. :lol:
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

I got a notification today that I had received an extra life for tonight's game. I've been playing for 2-3 months and have never had an extra life. Is this something everybody gets? Is it a reward for getting through most of the Sunday night game? Just random?
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

Ironhorse wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 pm I got a notification today that I had received an extra life for tonight's game. I've been playing for 2-3 months and have never had an extra life. Is this something everybody gets? Is it a reward for getting through most of the Sunday night game? Just random?
It's a reward for reaching Q5 last night. This is the first time I've ever seen HQ use an expiring Extra Life, so I'm guessing it's an experiment to see if it drives off-night participation.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

A win on The Q this evening finally put me over $25 and into cash-out range; my Cash Show earnings are just under $100 and my HQ earnings just under $900, so that win puts me over the $1k mark for the three combined. (I mean, technically the numbers in the three apps had already totaled above it, but The Q's money was below the threshold of redeemability.)
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

acthomas wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:30 pm

It's a reward for reaching Q5 last night. This is the first time I've ever seen HQ use an expiring Extra Life, so I'm guessing it's an experiment to see if it drives off-night participation.
Or to depress the total winning amounts so fewer people can reach the cash-out threshold.
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

Ironhorse wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm
acthomas wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Or to depress the total winning amounts so fewer people can reach the cash-out threshold.
Unless they changed it back, they got rid of the cash-out threshold a couple of months ago:
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

A while back, I attempted to take the money and run from Cash Show. After a few days of review, they authorized the claim, but, due to some mysterious discrepancy with e-mail/user name/whatever, I'm unable to collect.
Then Pay Pal sends me an e-mail entirely in Chinese that tells me to collect, or the funds revert to the sender and, if there's a problem, have the sender e-mail to a different address. Through Cash Show's in-app communication tab, I've informed them of the situation, but I have yet to hear back. (Needless to say, I'm not playing the game until this thing is resolved!) The clock is ticking on this caper, with a not-insignificant bundle at stake. Has anyone else run into this kind of difficulty?
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

squarekara wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:56 pm A while back, I attempted to take the money and run from Cash Show. After a few days of review, they authorized the claim, but, due to some mysterious discrepancy with e-mail/user name/whatever, I'm unable to collect.
Then Pay Pal sends me an e-mail entirely in Chinese that tells me to collect, or the funds revert to the sender and, if there's a problem, have the sender e-mail to a different address. Through Cash Show's in-app communication tab, I've informed them of the situation, but I have yet to hear back. (Needless to say, I'm not playing the game until this thing is resolved!) The clock is ticking on this caper, with a not-insignificant bundle at stake. Has anyone else run into this kind of difficulty?
I was able to cash out $11 from Cash Show, though it took a couple weeks.