Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by morbeedo »

boson wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:27 am
Peachbox wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 am Oh my goodness :o I just received an invite to audition in San Francisco on July 12 at 2 p.m. :)
Good luck Peachbox! Knock 'em dead.
Excellent!
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

Tabby wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:34 pm Has anyone received a confirmation for the Cleveland audition? I replied to the email and have not heard anything back yet.
I'm in the if anything can go wrong mindset, it probably has.
Thanks.
I received the original notice that said we had two days to respond. Of course I almost knocked myself out in my rush to do so. Got the confirmation within the next 24 hours.

If you have not, by all means contact them so they don't give your seat away.

Hope to see you there.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Peachbox wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 am Oh my goodness :o I just received an invite to audition in San Francisco on July 12 at 2 p.m. :)
Reminder from this week's TD: be sure to wear some flowers in your hair. And then, yeah, knock 'em dead!
Raz
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Raz »

Congrats! I'm a fellow San Francisco invitee and I'm equally in shock.
ALGebraist

Post by ALGebraist »

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I got an invite to RSVP for an audition a couple weeks ago and replied (a couple of times), but then got ghosted. I wanted to ask about if this happened to anyone and thoughts on what to do. Thanks!
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

That's wonderful news! Go get 'em!
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

ALGebraist wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:24 pm Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I got an invite to RSVP for an audition a couple weeks ago and replied (a couple of times), but then got ghosted. I wanted to ask about if this happened to anyone and thoughts on what to do. Thanks!
Someone did mention recently that Sony hadn't confirmed an attempt to RSVP. Check your spam folder, check the e-mail address, and keep trying.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

WTG, Peachbox!
ALGebraist

Post by ALGebraist »

squarekara wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:41 pm
ALGebraist wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:24 pm Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I got an invite to RSVP for an audition a couple weeks ago and replied (a couple of times), but then got ghosted. I wanted to ask about if this happened to anyone and thoughts on what to do. Thanks!
Someone did mention recently that Sony hadn't confirmed an attempt to RSVP. Check your spam folder, check the e-mail address, and keep trying.
@squarekara, thanks for getting back. Spam check has found nothing, so I'll give it one more e-mail, likely in vain.
Tabby wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:34 pm Has anyone received a confirmation for the Cleveland audition? I replied to the email and have not heard anything back yet.
Thanks.
@Tabby: keeping my fingers crossed for you too.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

nickanspach wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:30 pm Episode will air the week of June 11th.
Wish you the very best of luck this week. :D
Douglas Squasoni
Tabby
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Tabby »

John Boy wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:52 pm
Thanks.
I received the original notice that said we had two days to respond. Of course I almost knocked myself out in my rush to do so. Got the confirmation within the next 24 hours.

Hope to see you there.
Persistence paid off. I'm in the 10 am group on the 28th. When is your audition?
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Tabby wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Thanks.

Hope to see you there.
Persistence paid off. I'm in the 10 am group on the 28th. When is your audition?
The 28th. 10 AM. :D All Boardies should wear team colors so we can identify and greet each other. (PS I'll be the old guy who will be incorrectly assumed to be trying out for the Seniors Tournament.)

Colors or not, I hope we're able to meet.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

John Boy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am
Thanks.

Hope to see you there.
The 28th. 10 AM. :D All Boardies should wear team colors so we can identify and greet each other. (PS I'll be the old guy who will be incorrectly assumed to be trying out for the Seniors Tournament.)

if anyone assumes that, they haven't watched jeopardy in years...
Total game show career losings = $171,522
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

No one has seen anything for Memphis yet, correct?
Sprinkles are for winners.
Wpwells

Post by Wpwells »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm No one has seen anything for Memphis yet, correct?
I hope not!
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm No one has seen anything for Memphis yet, correct?
Little Feat has seen the bright lights of Memphis.
Tybalteon
Valued Contributor

Post by Tybalteon »

With the SF audition emails being sent out, I'm hoping we'll somehow hear about Portland soon.
Tabby
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Tabby »

John Boy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am
Thanks.

Hope to see you there.

Funny you mention the Senior Tournament. They initially sent me the Teen Audition paperwork - I'm definitely in the senior category as well.
ALGebraist

Post by ALGebraist »

Thanks.

Hope to see you there.
Congrats!

Did you reply to the personal e-mail or the Jeopardy contestant department e-mail? I kept e-mailing the personal e-mail from which I initially got the audition invite, but I got a reply by e-mailing the department. Perhaps you can confirm and this can save others some grief.

Sadly, I won't see you there, since I'm in the 2pm group, but best of luck!
Tabby
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Tabby »

Thanks. Yes, I had the same experience. The email to the contestant department eventually got me a response.

Good luck to you as well.