TD 384 - A Millennial Medley (Final Standings)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Re: TD 384 - A Millennial Medley (Q5 Standings)

Post by ElendilPickle »

1stlvlthinker wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:49 pm
xxaaaxx wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:16 am No one picks the Lakers, but the NETS sheep; Cavs sheep, but their partners in monotony the Warriors are worth 2. Then again, that novels question was completely upside down. Never change, TD.
Urgh, I almost went with the Lakers. Dammit.
Same here.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

B - Jane Austen - SINGLETON!
ElendilPickle

Stone Cold Jane Austen (my usual Geeks Who Drink team name) rides again!
threearruda
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by threearruda »

I hope Stone Cold Jane Austen is your fantasy (insert sport) name as well. :lol:

There seem to be two plausible TD's to fit the varying music you guys are suggesting - feel free to poach these if anyone wants to develop them. You could do 1.) music by the decades (starting with classical and working up to the 2010s) or 2.) music by genre (facts/lyrics about metal, country, rap, big bands, soul, disco, funk, etc.). I'm sure it would appease the tastes of just about everybody. :)

Questions 6-7 going up momentarily!
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

6.) Selfies. Lots and lots of selfies

Because we did this to the world.

Identify a famous person in one of the selfies below - those with two people featured will be scored together.

Top Row (L-R): Selena Gomez, David Ortiz/Barack Obama, Angelina Jolie, Zendaya
Middle Row (L-R): Adam Sandler, Chrissy Teigen/John Legend, James Franco/Jimmy Fallon, Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton
Bottom Row (L-R): Blake Shelton/Luke Bryan, Kim Kardashian, Ricky Martin, Matthew Hicks (Prince Harry look-alike)

Chrissy Teigen/John Legend (SHEEP!) - 13
Tybalteon
Troydozzy
Kirbstar
MarkBarrett
mennoknight
Mastercone
heppm01
ElendilPickle
jbeltz
Coach P
barandall800
Sims
econgator

Barack Obama/David Ortiz - 6
oduguy22
casketromance
classicroadster
twelvefootboy
psgola
Peachbox

Adam Sandler - 6
PowerofHoodoo
IronHorse
Rackme32
Vintsanity
sillymonkey
guessonguessonguess

Blake Shelton/Luke Bryan - 5
Saturnalia
SenseiCAY
badgerfellow
xxaaaxx
gamawire

Jimmy Fallon/James Franco - 4
This is Aoba
mcsheffrey
immaf
sillymoose

Ricky Martin - 4
Magna
clprez
9021amyers
morbeedo

Hillary Clinton/Meryl Streep - 3
SweepingDeveloper
merica
Bipolar Bear

Angelina Jolie - SINGLETON!
AFRET CMS

Kim Kardashian - SINGLETON!
clt013

Matthew Hicks - SINGLETON!
floridagator

Zendaya - SINGLETON!
squarekara

Unused
Selena Gomez (top left)

DROP
CellBlock
1stlvlthinker

Incorrect - 18
wpwells (Ed Sheeran)
bev nar (Khloe Kardashian)
Quantum (Prince Harry - he’s usually got a beard going on)

BONUS (-2): Which EDM group produced a song entitled #Selfie in 2014, which peaked at 16 on the Billboard Hot 100?

Seeing as how one of you asked what EDM is in your response, that’s a good segue into our next bonus - #Selfie catapulted this duo into the electronic dance music mainstream, later going on to produce other noteworthy hits entitled “Closer”, “Paris” and “Something Just Like This”.

-2 to the following for correctly identifying The Chainsmokers:

oduguy22
Tybalteon
mennoknight
Mastercone
ElendilPickle
CellBlock
Ironhorse
wpwells
jbeltz
barandall800
bev nar
9021amyers

Good effort wrong answers include Skrillex, Zedd, Daft Punk and Justice.

BWAs include The Memes, Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians (ha...ha... ha-ha), The EDM Selfie Band and “lol NOPE.”

7.) You Said You Want a Revolution?

March for our Lives was staged by.. Guess who!.. students and young adults back in March 2018. My brother and a few of his classmates were among the millions who trekked to Washington advocating for gun control measures. While extraordinarily powerful, this isn’t the first time such a rally has taken place. With a brief bio of events, answer a question about past protests, unionization and movements.

[*]In 1960, four black teenagers sat-in at which five-and-dime store in Greensboro, NC? Woolworth's
[*]What notable 1911 fire helped spur the growth of the International Ladies’ Garment Workers’ Union? Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire
[*]Who is referred to as the “Apostle of Cuban Independence”, speaking out on this issue through his writing before his death in 1895? Jose Marti
[*]While his humanitarian efforts have gone largely unnoticed, what 49ers quarterback made waves in 2016 for various protests, notably refusing to stand during the National Anthem? Colin Kaepernick
[*] What leader of the Teamsters disappeared in 1975? Jimmy Hoffa
[*]The American Railway Union went on strike in 1894 protesting what man (and his company) over stagnant wages and increasing rent prices in his city? George Pullman
[*]In one of the nastiest .. literally… strikes in history, what group of people went on strikes, notably, in Memphis and New York City in 1968?Garbagemen/Sanitation Workers
[*]What hashtag made headlines as women revealed encounters with sexual assaulters in late 2017? (There are 2 answers that will be acceptable and scored together) #MeToo or #TimesUp
[*]Which noteworthy 19th and 20th century activist and suffragette once quipped that bicycles liberated women more than anything else? Susan B. Anthony
[*]While 500,000 people marched in Washington to protest the Vietnam War, this president proved tricky to find - he reportedly spent the day watching college football. Richard Nixon
[*]Many people have come forward as LGBTQ or have become “Allies” of these people. The official flag representing this group displays the colors of what? Rainbow
[*]Protesters occupied this New York City locale in September 2011 to protest economic inequality Wall Street

One massive sheep and one very large non-sheep. Much like a NASCAR race at Talladega, count your lucky stars if you escaped this with under 5 points.

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire (SHEEP!) - 15
Kirbstar
PowerofHoodoo
floridagator
CellBlock
squarekara
Ironhorse
wpwells
Rackme32
SenseiCAY
Magna
AFRET CMS
mcsheffrey
clprez
econgator
xxaaaxx

Jimmy Hoffa - 13
Troydozzy
Mastercone
heppm01
classicroadster
CoachP
barandall800
bev nar
clt013
immaf
1stlvlthinker
Vintsanity
psgola
Quantum

Garbagemen/Sanitation Engineers - 5
Tybalteon
jbeltz
badgerfellow
sillymoose
morbeedo

Wall Street - 4
mennoknight
casketromance
merica
Sims

#MeToo/#TimesUp - 3
Bipolar Bear (#MeToo)
gamawire (#MeToo)
9021amyers (#TimesUp)

Colin Kaepernick - 3
ElendilPickle
SweepingDeveloper
twelvefootboy

Woolworth’s - 3
oduguy22
This is Aoba
guessonguessonguess

George Pullman - 2
Saturnalia
Peachbox

Rainbow (LGBTQ flag) - SINGLETON!
sillymonkey

Unused
Jose Marti
Susan B. Anthony
Richard Nixon

No Drops

Incorrect = 20
MarkBarrett (Shirtwaist Factory Fire) - Another borderline call - if you can put together a case I'll hear it. This article states that fires occurred in other such factories, which would necessitate “Triangle” here.

Standings after Q7

Rank - User - Drop/Sheep Left - Total - Movement

1. Bipolar Bear [s] - 16 (---)
2. sillymoose [s] - 21 (+1)
3. This is Aoba [s] - 25 (+6)
4. Saturnalia [s] - 26 (+8)
T-5. Peachbox [d][s] - 27 (+7)
T-5. SweepingDeveloper [s] - 27 (+13)
T-7. guessonguessonguess [d][s] - 29 (+7)
T-7. oduguy22 [d][s]- 29 (+14)
9. merica [s] - 30 (+13)

T-10. Rackme32 [s] - 31 (-9)
T-10. Tybalteon [s]- 31 (-5)
T-10. clt013 [s] - 31 (-4)
T-10. casketromance [d][s] - 31 (+8)
T-10. CellBlock [s] - 31 (-1)
15. xxaaaxx [d][s] - 33 (-11)
T-16. Sims [s] - 34 (-10)
T-16. morbeedo [d][s] - 34 (+14)
T-18. AFRET CMS [d][s] - 36 (-4)
T-18. sillymonkey [d] - 36 (+25)

T20. SenseiCAY [s] - 37 (-14)
T-20. clprez [d][s] - 37 (-11)
T-20. twelvefootboy [d][s] - 37 (+20)
23. 1stlvlthinker [s] - 38 (+5)
T-24. ElendilPickle [d][s] - 40 (+10)
T-24. 9021amyers [d][s] - 40 (+25)
T-26. PowerofHoodoo [s] - 41 (-14)
T-26. floridagator [d][s] - 41 (+2)
T-26. jbeltz [d][s] - 41 (+2)
29. squarekara [d][s] - 43 (+8)

T-30. immaf [d][s] - 44 (+7)
T-30. badgerfellow [d][s] - 44 (+15)
32. Ironhorse [s] - 45 (+2)
33. mcsheffrey [d][s] - 46 (+4)
T-34. classicroadster [s] - 47 (+6)
T-34. Vintsanity [d][s] - 47 (+6)
T-36 Kirbstar [d][s] - 48 (-22)
T-36. Mastercone [s] - 48 (-11)
T-36. barandall800 [s] - 48 (-11)
T-36. gamawire [d][s] - 48 (+14)

40. Troydozzy [s] - 49 (-18)
41. mennoknight [d][s] - 50 (+6)
T-42. MarkBarrett [s] - 51 (-20)
T-42. Coach P [d][s] - 51 (-14)
T-44. wpwells [d][s] - 52 (-26)
T-44. heppm01 [s] - 52 (-10)
46. Magna [s] - 53 (-1)
T-47. Quantum [s] - 54 (-25)
T-48. bev nar [d][s] - 54 (-20)
49. psgola [d][s] - 57 (---)
50. econgator [d][s] - 59 (-6)

Lots of moving and shaking at the top (and bottom) after two brutal questions. Many of you doubled your total scores (or more) after these two questions. Bipolar Bear retains the lead and jumps to a five point advantage over sillymoose. SweepingDeveloper, oduguy22, guessonguessonguess and merica are newcomers to the top ten today.

Several contenders still have drops available, and we have the dreaded pop music question to be revealed tomorrow. Tune in tomorrow to see what else transpires!

Friday: Q8-Q9

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
Saturnalia
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: TD 384 - A Millennial Medley (Q7 Standings)

Post by Saturnalia »

Grumpy with myself for not coming up with Chainsmokers -- I was pretty sure Justice wasn't right, and in retrospect Chainsmokers would have been a solid guess, based on time period, subject matter, and year. "Closer" is quite an ear worm.

Would you have accepted Zuccotti Park on Q7? Would you have scored it separately from Wall Street?
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

Saturnalia wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 am Grumpy with myself for not coming up with Chainsmokers -- I was pretty sure Justice wasn't right, and in retrospect Chainsmokers would have been a solid guess, based on time period, subject matter, and year. "Closer" is quite an ear worm.
I wasn’t positive it was the Chainsmokers, but a song titled “#selfie” is just the kind of vapid, lowest-common-denominator fodder I’d expect from them. They are the absolute worst.
SenseiCAY
Jeopardy Participant

Post by SenseiCAY »

What I'm learning from this is that I should always pick the sports question.
CellBlock
Valued Contributor

Post by CellBlock »

I should have realized that the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory was a huge sheep. I guess I was just hoping maybe the full name would elude more people. I guess it's somewhat redeeming that 14 other people also got that many points there.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Should gone with first choice Kim! Figured most people would steer clear of that one
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

I was fully prepared for Triangle to go middle-of-the-road, but, man, oh, man.
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

When I was in middle school the EDM scene was starting to get big and I was a fan of acts like David Guetta, Avicii, Zedd and Calvin Harris, but I've always been lukewarm on The Chainsmokers. I like a few of their songs, and #Selfie is catchy as hell. Even so, I can agree that song represents the worst in the younger generation, of which I'm not a fan.

Second guessing yourself after the fact is so easy.. it's impossible to know exactly how things are going to play out and that's the beauty of TD; there is simply no ideal strategy. Even if you know everything, that doesn't guarantee success as someone else is likely to know that fact too. I've tried to give the most obvious answers and harder answers in others games and got hosed both ways. ETA: The 50+ people in the game doesn't help this either, as there is more room for overlap. However, it's more fun for me and you as contestants as the large number provides more chances for mega-sheep, thus making the standings more volatile. No one is truly out of contention until the very end.

SenseiCAY: I wouldn't be so sure about that! In floridagator's ring recently I thought for sure I had a singleton with former Masters champ Jose Maria Olazabal -- much to my surprise, someone else came up with the same answer. I then realized how lucky I was for managing a singleton for Indy 500 winner Gil de Ferran earlier on. While Kaep would have been a good choice this time, don't underestimate boardies' sports knowledge!

Saturnalia wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 am Would you have accepted Zuccotti Park on Q7? Would you have scored it separately from Wall Street?
Considering I said "locale" in the question, not necessarily implying the movement itself, I would have likely had to accept Zuccotti Park. However, I would have likely lumped it in with the other Wall Street answers.

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

CellBlock wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:51 am I should have realized that the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory was a huge sheep. I guess I was just hoping maybe the full name would elude more people. I guess it's somewhat redeeming that 14 other people also got that many points there.
Wow -- figured people would steer clear of Triangle Shirtwaist and Nixon for fear of sheeping, and flipped a mental coin. TSF sheeped, and Nixon went unused. Yeesh.

Gotta get a better coin. Or a better mental.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
Quantum
Valued Contributor

Post by Quantum »

Channeling Maxwell Smart . . . Would you believe, Prince Harry at age 15?
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

8.) Prom Night - No More Moldy Oldies!

What do you do at your high school’s prom? Dance to all of the greatest pop hits, of course! We’ve had way too much music from the stone age in recent TDs, so let’s restore the balance of power. Given the selected lyrics, name the singer of the recent hit (LETTER REQUIRED).

A.) “I’m in love with the shape of you/We push and pull like a magnet do” Ed Sheeran ("Shape of You")
B.) “Body like a back road/Drivin’ with my eyes closed” Sam Hunt ("Body Like a Back Road")
C.) “Rain Drops/Drop Tops/Smokin’ on cookie in the hotbox” Migos ("Bad and Boujee")
D.) “I need a one dance/Got the Hennessy in my hand” Drake ("One Dance")
E.) “Hello from the other side/I must have called a thousand times” Adele ("Hello")
F.) “Baby I don’t need dollar bills to have fun tonight/I love cheap thrills” Sia ("Cheap Thrills")
G.) “I’ve got new rules I count ‘em/I’ve gotta tell them to myself” Dua Lipa ("New Rules")
H.) “Send me your location/Let’s focus on communication Khalid ("Location)
I.) “Sit Down/Be Humble” Kendrick Lamar ("Humble")
J.) “Havana ooh-na-na/Half of my heart is in Havana ooh-na-na” Camila Cabello ("Havana")
K.) “Now that I’m without your kisses/I’ll be needing stitches” Shawn Mendes ("Stitches")
L.) “Because you know I’m all about that bass/’Bout that bass/No Treble” Meghan Trainor ("All About That Bass")
M.) “Poopy-di-scoop/Scoop-diddy-whoop/Whoop-di-Scoop-di-poop” Kanye West ("Lift Yourself")

This one didn't play as hard as I thought it would.. I think a lot of drops helped that. Even so, I'm impressed that we covered 11 of 13 answers.

J.) Camila Cabello (“Havana”) (CO-SHEEP!) - 7
Kirbstar
Saturnalia
MarkBarrett
squarekara
clt013
mcsheffrey
barandall800

L.) Meghan Trainor (“All About that Bass”) (CO-SHEEP!)- 7
PowerofHoodoo
Rackme32
This is Aoba
Magna
SweepingDeveloper
bev nar
1stlvlthinker

I.) Kendrick Lamar (“Humble”) - 4
Troydozzy
ElendilPickle
Ironhorse
classicroadster

E.) Adele (“Hello”) - 3
Sims
Bipolar Bear
sillymonkey

K.) Shawn Mendes (“Stitches”) - 3
Tybalteon
SenseiCAY
merica

C.) Migos (“Bad and Boujee”) - 3
mennoknight
CellBlock
guessonguessonguess

B.) Sam Hunt (“Body Like a Back Road”) - 2
badgerfellow
clprez

F.) Sia (“Cheap Thrills”) - 2
oduguy22
gamawire

D.) Drake (a.k.a. Aubrey Graham - “One Dance”) - 2
Mastercone
jbeltz

M.) Kanye West (“Lift Yourself”) - SINGLETON!
Coach P

G.) Dua Lipa (“New Rules”) - SINGLETON!
Vintsanity

UNUSED
A - Ed Sheeran ("Shape of You")
H - Khalid ("Location")

INCORRECT = 12
heppm01 (A - Ed Sheehan - sorry :()
wpwells (Camila Cabello with no letter - sorry :()
AFRET CMS (Meghan Trainor with no letter - sorry :()
twelvefootboy (N - Macarena - if this were 90s music, I’d have absolutely included it :D)

DROP
Casketromance
Floridagator (“Those are lyrics?” --- why yes, yes they are. Welcome to 2010’s music!)
immaf
psgola
xxaaaxx
Peachbox
sillymonkey
9021amyers
morbeedo

SHEEP
econgator
Quantum

BONUS (-2 points): Shortly after quarterback Geno Smith got punched out by a teammate in 2015, breaking his jaw, the New York Jets played a preseason road game where The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face” was played over the P.A. system. Who was the home team responsible for this joke? (No penalty for an incorrect guess so pick any team you know of, even if you don’t know the answer)

Geno Smith.... oh, Geno Smith.

-2 to the following for correctly identifying the Detroit Lions as the team who made headlines for their little prank:

Mastercone
floridagator
AFRET CMS
xxaaaxx (who identifies as a Jets fan and curses me, (a Patriots fan), for bringing up the incident :D)

Lots of you guessed the Philadelphia Eagles.

9.) Off to College

College is a hot topic amongst kids - especially as costs rise. Test your college knowledge by answering one of these questions!

The first co-ed college in the United States, located in Ohio, was also the first to award a doctorate to an African-American woman, in 1862 Oberlin
What major U.S. City is Villanova located in? Philadelphia
Chartered by King George IV, Marty the Martlet is mascot of what Montreal based school? McGill
Hopefully you can “spell” the name of this Claremont, California school - no “bee” here Scripps College
In 1996, Southampton College gave what muppet an honorary doctorate in Amphibious Letters, as well as a chance to speak at their commencement? Kermit the Frog
Tom Lehrer’s “Element Song” states that the news of every element discovered has been brought to which Ivy League institution, while acknowledging others but they “haven’t been discovered”? Harvard (Hah-vahd)
This other Ivy League school, not in New England, holds down the #1 slot in U.S. News and World Report’s top college list for 2018 Princeton
Despite being nowhere close to Australia, the University of Missouri-Kansas City made what marsupial their mascot? Kangaroo
What university affiliated with the Church of Latter Day Saints has campuses in Utah and Hawai’i? Brigham Young University
Up until 2009 this Ohio school, appropriately, played football in the Rubber Bowl Akron
As of 2017, there are now 17 schools with varsity programs devoted to this sport where athletes play, among others, League of Legends and StarCraft? ESports

This is the only time in which Akron will ever outrank Harvard. Ever.

University of Akron (SHEEP!) = 10
oduguy22
heppm01
PowerofHoodoo
wpwells
jbeltz
SenseiCAY
AFRET CMS
clt013
Quantum
9021amyers

Brigham Young University = 6
casketromance
barandall800
Sims
twelvefootboy
Peachbox
morbeedo

Philadelphia = 5
CellBlock
Rackme32
mcsheffrey
Vintsanity
sillymoose

Scripps College = 5
Mastercone
squarekara
badgerfellow
Bipolar Bear
psgola

Oberlin = 4
Saturnalia
ElendilPickle
classicroadster
immaf

Kermit the Frog = 3
MarkBarrett
This is Aoba
1stlvlthinker

Harvard (or Hahvahd) = 3
SweepingDeveloper
sillymonkey
xxaaaxx

McGill = 3
floridagator
clprez
econgator

Kangaroo = 3
Troydozzy
Ironhorse
merica

Princeton = 2
mennoknight
Magna

ESports (Yes, varsity esports teams exist) = SINGLETON!
Tybalteon

NO UNUSED OR INCORRECT

DROP = 0
Kirbstar
Coach P
bev nar
guessonguessonguess
gamawire

BONUS (-3): Name the college that I currently attend - no hints other than that it’s located in Massachusetts… this is a three point bonus, after all ;). No penalty for an incorrect guess.

No one correctly guessed the school I attended and, therefore, no one gets the elusive three point bonus. Interestingly enough, the school got me a singleton in the Massachusetts college question of floridagator’s ring a few weeks ago. I’m currently attending Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts.

The closest answers were Bentley, a rival of ours, and Wheaton, about 20 minutes from my house. A lot of you guessed the bigger, more important schools, including Boston U, Tufts, Northeastern, MIT, Amherst, Hahvahd and Boston College (one of my two favorite college football teams, though). I’m a good student, but nowhere near good enough to get into a school like Harvard or MIT.

I did, however, look at Amherst, BU and UMass-Amherst during the process; brownie points for getting close.

BWA, by far, was Whatsamatta U (why didn’t I tour that school?!).

Standings after Q9/Bonuses

1. Bipolar Bear [s] - 24 (---)
2. sillymoose [s] - 29 (---)
3. guessonguessonguess [s] - 32 (+4)
4. Peachbox [s] - 33 (+1)
5. xxaaaxx [s] - 34 (+10)
T-6. This is Aoba [s] - 35 (-3)
T-6. Tybalteon [s]- 35 (+4)
8. merica [s] - 36 (+1)
T-9. Saturnalia [s] - 37 (-5)
T-9. casketromance [s] - 37 (+1)
T-9. SweepingDeveloper [s] - 37 (-4)

T-12. CellBlock [s] - 39 (-2)
T-12. sillymonkey - 39 (+6)
14. morbeedo [s] - 40 (+2)
15. oduguy22 [d][s]- 41 (-8)
T-16. clprez [d][s] - 42 (+4)
T-16. floridagator [s] - 42 (+10)
T-18. Rackme32 [s] - 43 (-8)
T-18. Sims [s] - 43 (-2)

T-20. clt013 [s] - 48 (-10)
T-20. 1stlvlthinker [s] - 48 (+3)
T-20. immaf [d][s] - 48 (+10)
T-20. ElendilPickle [d][s] - 48 (+4)
T-24. SenseiCAY [s] - 50 (-4)
T-24. 9021amyers [s] - 50 (---)
T-24. gamawire [s] - 50 (+12)
T-27. badgerfellow [d][s] - 51 (+3)
T-27. Ironhorse [s] - 51 (+5)
29. Coach P [s] - 52 (+13)

T-30. Vintsanity [d][s] - 53 (+4)
T-30. Mastercone [s] - 53 (+6)
32. jbeltz [d][s] - 54 (-6)
T-33. squarekara [d][s] - 55 (-4)
T-33. classicroadster [s] - 55 (+1)
T-33 Kirbstar [s] - 55 (+3)
T-33. twelvefootboy [d][s] - 55 (-13)
T-33. mennoknight [d][s] - 55 (+8)
T-38. AFRET CMS [d][s] - 56 (-20)
T-38. Troydozzy [s] - 56 (+2)

T-40. PowerofHoodoo [s] - 58 (-14)
T-40. mcsheffrey [d][s] - 58 (-7)
T-42. barandall800 [s] - 61 (-6)
T-42. MarkBarrett [s] - 61 (---)
T-42. bev nar [s] - 61 (+6)
T-45. Magna [s] - 62 (+1)
T-45. psgola [d][s] - 62 (+4)
47. econgator [d] - 69 (+3)
48. Quantum - 71 (-1)
T-49. wpwells [d][s] - 74 (-5)
T-49. heppm01 [s] - 74 (-5)

Bipolar Bear continues a wire-to-wire run of the top spot to this point, retaining a five point lead over sillymoose; xxaaaxx leaps back into the top five with a drop on pop music and a pick-up of the Question 8 bonus. While it looks like the standings near the top are beginning to even out a bit, we've seen how quickly things can change. We still have two more questions in regulation, then the bonus category, where up to 12 points are available!

Tomorrow: Q10-11
Saturday night or Sunday morning: Bonuses/Final Standings
Last edited by threearruda on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
Saturnalia
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: TD 384 - A Millennial Medley (Q9 Standings)

Post by Saturnalia »

Bah. (Or should I say: B-a-a-a-a-h.) I had a hunch Camila Cabello might sheep. Hard to gauge others' knowledge bases (and even harder to gauge the game-theory elements of this) on such a question.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Saturnalia wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:36 am Bah. (Or should I say: B-a-a-a-a-h.) I had a hunch Camila Cabello might sheep. Hard to gauge others' knowledge bases (and even harder to gauge the game-theory elements of this) on such a question.
Baaah-na-na. Next time maybe I'll employ a strict eeny-meeny-miny-mo selection procedure.
9021amyers

Post by 9021amyers »

Saturnalia wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:36 am Bah. (Or should I say: B-a-a-a-a-h.) I had a hunch Camila Cabello might sheep. Hard to gauge others' knowledge bases (and even harder to gauge the game-theory elements of this) on such a question.
As an anti-Top-40 hipster, if I knew who the lyrics belonged to, that response would have been primed to sheep.

The smartest move is not to play.
heppm01

Post by heppm01 »

threearruda wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:36 am
Standings after Q9/Bonuses

T-49. wpwells [d][s] - 74 (-5)
T-49. heppm01 [s] - 74 (-5)
wpwells, I'm gunning for you!
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

My goodness -- moved up 21 spots in the Q5 reveal, then moved down 20 spots in the Q9 reveal. I'm used to sheeping; that's to be expected. But I think this may be the first time I've been in contention for the game's biggest yo-yo.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

ElendilPickle wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:49 am
B - Jane Austen - SINGLETON!
ElendilPickle

Stone Cold Jane Austen (my usual Geeks Who Drink team name) rides again!
my pub trivia name is "festering bucket of entrails"