How does one study for Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: How does one study for Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Post by morbeedo »

I just saw a softball question about capital cities of neighboring countries and the guy with the penguin shirt said right away, I’m out. That was surprising.

Another guy couldn’t decide if War and Peace referenced the Crimean War or the Napoleonic Wars so he walked.

Of course, when asked what they would’ve guessed, both would have been right
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Re: How does one study for Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Post by ElendilPickle »

1stlvlthinker wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 pm
ElendilPickle wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:35 pm
Look for the nugget of information in the question that will help you find the right answer. I missed a fairly easy question about Atlanta the first time I was on because both my plus one and I focused on a Walking Dead reference and not on what it actually wanted me to answer.
Also, was it really that easy? The audience steered you wrong to begin with, and the name "Woodbury" could have reasonably been applied to Atlanta, right? Would NOT focusing on The Walking Dead have helped any?
Yes, it would have helped me. At one time, I read quite a lot about the Civil War, and if I had focused on "early name for Atlanta," I would have remembered Sherman's march through Georgia and how he tore up the train tracks. Unfortunately, none of that came to mind until about a minute after I walked off the stage.
Good advice on the audience demographics. Hopefully the lights won't blind me.
You should have a minute or two of sitting in the audience or standing on the steps before you are introduced. Use that time to check out the audience.