New TV show, "Mental Samurai," now casting

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

pinkfreud
Jeopardy! Contestant

New TV show, "Mental Samurai," now casting

Post by pinkfreud »

I was notified of this by American Mensa, but I presume that it's valid for anyone:

NOW CASTING
MENTAL SAMURAI

From the Producers of American Ninja Warrior and The Voice comes...

A NERVE SHREDDING TEST OF SMARTS LIKE NO OTHER

Have you got the SPEED, STAMINA and FOCUS to COMPETE against the most mind-blowing mental agility course ever created?

With the clock ticking, a series of multiple choice questions will test every aspect of your MIND - MEMORY, PUZZLES, PATTERNS, TRIVIA. One wrong answer and you're out, move too slowly and you're out. It's a game everyone can play, but only the very smartest, and fastest can win.

They say the brain is our most important muscle...it's about to get a serious workout!

Apply here:
https://mentalsamurai.castingcrane.com

Email for the casting team:
mentalsamuraicasting@gmail.com
harrumph
Voyeur

Re: New TV show, "Mental Samurai," now casting

Post by harrumph »

They should include the SHC in their mind blowing mental agility course.
billiej
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by billiej »

https://deadline.com/2018/08/fox-orders ... 202438805/

"Not only does the course test their acumen in categories of knowledge, memory, numbers and sequencing, but players will also have to contend with being transported around the set at high speeds in a specially designed capsule that is capable of rotating 360 degrees."

I'm out. The amount of Dramamine that would be required for me to participate will significantly slow the mental processing.
mennoknight

Post by mennoknight »

I can totally solve puzzles while projectile vomiting. Too bad I'm not American.
I eat chicken. That's what I do.
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

Sounds like any actual trivia it has to offer will be drowning in a sea of gimmicky BS (and the trivia probably won't be that good, anyway).
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

Sounds interesting. Good luck to anyone that chooses to apply, I guess.
bigblue999
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bigblue999 »

xxaaaxx wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:04 pm Sounds like any actual trivia it has to offer will be drowning in a sea of gimmicky BS (and the trivia probably won't be that good, anyway).
Sounds like Candy Crush but with trivia.
leszekp
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by leszekp »

Didn't t Fox already do something like this?

http://gameshows.wikia.com/wiki/The_Chamber
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

billiej wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:40 pm https://deadline.com/2018/08/fox-orders ... 202438805/

"Not only does the course test their acumen in categories of knowledge, memory, numbers and sequencing, but players will also have to contend with being transported around the set at high speeds in a specially designed capsule that is capable of rotating 360 degrees."
I should be a natural for this! This sounds like how I function upon rising each morning:

Knowledge: What is my name?

Memory: How did I get here?

Numbers: Number one or number two?

Sequencing: If both number one and number two, in which order?

Transported at high speeds while rotating 360 degrees: OK, only on bad days, but still I'm in practice.

Where do I sign up?
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

xxaaaxx wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:04 pm Sounds like any actual trivia it has to offer will be drowning in a sea of gimmicky BS (and the trivia probably won't be that good, anyway).
sad truth in regards to american game shows these days....wish they would bring back the chase....a little gimmicky, but a lot of trivia...also wish they would bring over "pointless"....love anti-family feud type stuff
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

Sadly, I'm not interesting enough (and I don't own a cell phone, so I can't answer all the required questions on the questionnaire) so I'll have to pass. Plus, I couldn't even sit through one minute of Blair Witch Project - doubt I'd be able to actually live it.

It's a Mike Darnell production.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/13/busi ... e-hit.html

https://variety.com/2013/tv/news/mike-d ... 200487863/
"I remember seeing a clip of a guy who was attacked by a deer after he put deer urine on his clothes. That was great television.”
At least he's already seen deer urine, so that's one pitfall avoided. I'm sure he'll come up with something even more special, though. They always do.

I'll be sad when Alex retires. I doubt we'll see anything like Jeopardy on television for a long, long time afterward. Not that television itself is going to be around in its current form that much longer.
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

Anachronism wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:33 pm
"I remember seeing a clip of a guy who was attacked by a deer after he put deer urine on his clothes. That was great television.”
If that's the clip I'm thinking of, he's not wrong.
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

CasketRomance wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:01 am
sad truth in regards to american game shows these days....wish they would bring back the chase....a little gimmicky, but a lot of trivia...also wish they would bring over "pointless"....love anti-family feud type stuff
The Chase is great. I've been watching plenty of the UK and Aus versions, which seem more mellow than the US version did, and both are daily shows, I believe. If they can bring back The Chase to the US and make it a daily show, with preferably more than just one Chaser, I'd be all for it.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

CasketRomance wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:01 am\...also wish they would bring over "pointless"...
One's been in the works, apparently for GSN. I tried out for it last November. I don't know what happened to it.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

trainman wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:16 pm
CasketRomance wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:01 am\...also wish they would bring over "pointless"...
One's been in the works, apparently for GSN. I tried out for it last November. I don't know what happened to it.
really? would be awesome if it happened
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

i see there is now an australian version of pointless...just started a few weeks ago...no episodes up on youtube yet, though....it replaced family feud...wish that would be the case in usa...family feud is fricking wretched and boring
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

hell...why not just show the british version on bbc america? half of the crap on that channel isn't even brisith programming and isn't even current...yeah x files and star trek the next generation...really british and current...the only thing i have watched on that channel has been their massively edited tape delay showings of the PLD (darts)
billiej

Post by billiej »

JayK33 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:21 pm
CasketRomance wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:01 am
The Chase is great. I've been watching plenty of the UK and Aus versions, which seem more mellow than the US version did, and both are daily shows, I believe. If they can bring back The Chase to the US and make it a daily show, with preferably more than just one Chaser, I'd be all for it.
+1 for The Chase.