This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

acthomas
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: This just in! New season of Millionaire (2018) seeks contestants

Post by acthomas »

Woof wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:11 pm One thing I’ll add for those considering WWTBAM: my friend the contestant has been on both J! and now Millionaire. He commented that the Green Roon experience at Millionaire, though interminable, was more pleasant than the one at J! We both attributed this to the lack of competition between contestants in Millionaire.
I definitely buy that. Far less latent combative instinct when you can root for each other openly.

Were you in the green room with your friend the contestant?
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

acthomas wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:40 pm
Woof wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:11 pm One thing I’ll add for those considering WWTBAM: my friend the contestant has been on both J! and now Millionaire. He commented that the Green Roon experience at Millionaire, though interminable, was more pleasant than the one at J! We both attributed this to the lack of competition between contestants in Millionaire.
I definitely buy that. Far less latent combative instinct when you can root for each other openly.

Yup, 7 straight hours with no phones or books . But we had a constant feed of Millionaire reruns to keep us amused :mrgreen:
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Does your friend know his air date yet?
Woof

Post by Woof »

Bamaman wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:15 pm
They were very vague on that front, which comported with the general sense of chaos (in stark contrast to the machine-like efficiency of J!) that surrounded the taping: at numerous points throughout the day it was paibfully clear that the right hand had no clue what the left hand was doing. Our best guess is late Oct/early Nov, but I’ll give a heads up when I hear (according to the producers that will be 7 days before airing — did I say chaotic?)
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Woof wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:03 pm
Bamaman wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:15 pm
They were very vague on that front, which comported with the general sense of chaos (in stark contrast to the machine-like efficiency of J!) that surrounded the taping: at numerous points throughout the day it was paibfully clear that the right hand had no clue what the left hand was doing. Our best guess is late Oct/early Nov, but I’ll give a heads up when I hear (according to the producers that will be 7 days before airing — did I say chaotic?)
They rarely know the airdate at the time of taping. Episodes are shown out of order, and the way the show is edited, they can even show contestants in any order they want as long as Chris Harrison is wearing the same suit.

The only times they might know the airdates at the time of taping is when there is a special week, and those dates are already planned.

I got my email notice about a week prior to air, some people got theirs with more notice, some with less.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Someone near and dear to this board has received The Call.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

alietr wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:26 am Someone near and dear to this board has received The Call.
Is it you? :o
Douglas Squasoni
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

I made it through both Skype interviews but looks like I didn't get the call this time. Oh well :)
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Ironhorse wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:09 am I made it through both Skype interviews but looks like I didn't get the call this time. Oh well :)
There’s still time! I auditioned this weekend at TCONA and the casting person told me, “We’re going to try and get you on this season so keep your schedule clear”, then they had me fill out all the paperwork. I bet she says that to all the boys...
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

Woof wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:28 pm
acthomas wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Yup, 7 straight hours with no phones or books . But we had a constant feed of Millionaire reruns to keep us amused :mrgreen:

any free drinks and grub?
Woof

Post by Woof »

[quote=CasketRomance post_id=287616 time=1533499756 user_id=12889]
[quote=Woof post_id=286312 time=1532201298 user_id=118]
[quote=acthomas post_id=286311 time=1532198400 user_id=13506]
[quote=Woof post_id=286302 time=1532189484 user_id=118]
One thing I’ll add for those considering WWTBAM: my friend the contestant has been on both J! and now Millionaire. He commented that the Green Roon experience at Millionaire, though interminable, was more pleasant than the one at J! We both attributed this to the lack of competition between contestants in Millionaire.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

any free drinks and grub?
[/quote]

They bought us lunch and we had all the coffee and water we wanted.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

morbeedo wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:53 pm
Ironhorse wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:09 am I made it through both Skype interviews but looks like I didn't get the call this time. Oh well :)
There’s still time! I auditioned this weekend at TCONA and the casting person told me, “We’re going to try and get you on this season so keep your schedule clear”, then they had me fill out all the paperwork. I bet she says that to all the boys...
He's right. There's still time. Not much, but they are still calling people.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

alietr wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:26 am Someone near and dear to this board has received The Call.
Why the vagueness?
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

I hope alietr is being coy about a personal tape date, but in other news...

I got The Call and taped this past Monday. And then my +1 got it and I was her +1 Tuesday.

Fun times had by all.

I got 5 days notice between The Call and taping, so don't give up hope yet if you haven't heard!
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

acthomas wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 pm

I got The Call and taped this past Monday. And then my +1 got it and I was her +1 Tuesday.

Fun times had by all.

I got 5 days notice between The Call and taping, so don't give up hope yet if you haven't heard!
Congrats and best of retroactive luck! It seemed like I heard of several tcona people at millionnaire. I saw Yogesh Raut about to audition while I was there... Just give him the million.

Great to meet you in Vegas acthomas - I would have liked more time to talk hockey/stats/trivia, but the 500 question line moved too fast!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

boson wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:22 pm
acthomas wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Fun times had by all.

Congrats and best of retroactive luck! It seemed like I heard of several tcona people at millionnaire. I saw Yogesh Raut about to audition while I was there... Just give him the million.

Great to meet you in Vegas acthomas - I would have liked more time to talk hockey/stats/trivia, but the 500 question line moved too fast!
Glad it felt fast, more glad I could speak afterwards
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

alietr wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:22 pm
morbeedo wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:53 pm
He's right. There's still time. Not much, but they are still calling people.
It may be just as well anyway since I'm in the jury duty pool for September.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Ironhorse wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 pm
You're in a jury pool for an entire month?
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

econgator wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm
In my county, apparently you're liable to be summoned at any point in a given month.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Ironhorse wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:38 pm
econgator wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm
In my county, apparently you're liable to be summoned at any point in a given month.
Yikes. I'm guessing it isn't a large population there.