Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Johnblue
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Millionaire 2018-19 Season Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Johnblue »

acthomas wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:50 pm Live look-in at me waiting to hear my WWTBAM air date.

I’m confused because I saw your episode today but I didn’t see that heavyset woman with the short hair that’s in the video above. My DVR seems to record only one episode a day.

ETA: apparently I just recorded that 2nd episode but it doesn’t follow the previous episode. I’m confused!
Last edited by Johnblue on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Johnblue wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:06 pm
acthomas wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:50 pm Live look-in at me waiting to hear my WWTBAM air date.

I’m confused because I saw your episode today but I didn’t see that heavyset woman with the short hair that’s in the video above. My DVR seems to record only one episode a day.
Oh, wow, I did not make the connection between player name and board member name. :oops:

If someone can share a CBS station airing the B game later today I can catch it online and do a video. I only watched it locally and have already deleted it from my DVR.

Millionaire in some markets has two airings and let's call them A & B. For the first airing A that is the one that airs in all the areas that cover the show. That is the video I linked above. The B airing does not air in all markets. That one shows new episodes for the first three weeks of the season. Those episodes will air around December holiday time in the A slot. For the B slot after the first three weeks it will air the A games.

Today's 9/11 game linked above in the video will air in the B slot October 2.

These are the contestants who have aired in the B slot so far this season. No results, just names:
Spoiler
Lissa Gregorio
Brandon Leeberg
Andrew Thomas
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

Thanks, MB! My markets apparently are showing the B shows at 10am & the A shows at 4pm.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I was a little thrown by the Eiffel Tower question, since I got burned just a few months ago (see third spoiler from the end of the post) (as did the contestant) by believing the Eiffel Tower was built over a thousand feet tall (it was 300 meters and later got an antenna that put it over 1,000 ft), and adjusted my assumptions about it. In this case I needed the antenna again. Luckily none of the other choices put the tower as close to that height.

Another Angeleno thanks you for your upload, Mark.
WooWho?
Jeopardy! Almost-Champion

Post by WooWho? »

Andrew Thomas (acthomas)'s game can be found here:
アタックチャンス!
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

Enjoy it, y'all!

Sadly I never received any notice from Millionaire's PR about this air date in the B run, so it was something of a surprise to see it airing today.
Budphrey
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Budphrey »

That's me now.
Poo-tee-weet? So it goes.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Missed the final seconds of the 2nd run episode. What was the outcome of the Murphy Brown question?
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:33 pm Missed the final seconds of the 2nd run episode. What was the outcome of the Murphy Brown question?
Secretaries.
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

mrbungle wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:10 pm thank you, Clue Jungry and MarkBarrett!!

and extra-big thank you, MarkBarrett, for the video so i can watch it, because it is currently being preempted here in LA by local news coverage of a shooting. :(
That's terrible. :?

Well, at least you still get to see it. ;)
Douglas Squasoni
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 pm
morbeedo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:33 pm Missed the final seconds of the 2nd run episode. What was the outcome of the Murphy Brown question?
Secretaries.
Did he go out on that question? Because he’s not in the next episode. I just adjusted the DVR to record an extra 5 minutes at the end

Do I need to use spoiler tags in this thread?
LucarioSnooperVixey

morbeedo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 pm
Secretaries.
Did he go out on that question? Because he’s not in the next episode. I just adjusted the DVR to record an extra 5 minutes at the end

Do I need to use spoiler tags in this thread?
He asked the audience and got it right. The NEXT episode that you are concerning is from the other taping session. They have two different taping lines the first few weeks of the season.
Douglas Squasoni
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:35 pmHe asked the audience and got it right. The NEXT episode that you are concerning is from the other taping session. They have two different taping lines the first few weeks of the season.
Ohh, ok. The next episode aired at 1:35 AM, so I’m watching the rest of his segment now. Is that confusing or is it just me? :?
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

I'm fortunate to get the A slot at 10 AM and then the B slot right after with the Providence ABC affiliate.. What a fun day (Wednesday) this was!
Spoiler
Had a good feeling on A with Susannah's $100K question. Almost certain I heard that story somewhere. My brother probably would've known her $250K question. Me.. not so much.
Spoiler
Congrats acthomas on a tremendous game! Never seen Beetlejuice and had no idea on the $100K question, but I would have guessed the same as you on $250K. Figured that just getting to the moon was fine the first time and save the experiments (golf, javelin, etc.) for later missions. These odd statistics/numbers questions seem to always be B or C so I may not have even used the 50:50 in your shoes. I don't blame you for using it, though, and don't blame you for guessing either. I certainly would have! Congrats again, enjoy the cash!

Nice timing to get the IMS question in also considering the NASCAR guys ran there just the other day. :D
ETA Double Spoiler for the B game just in case
Last edited by threearruda on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

The contestants' general lack of geography knowledge perplexes me. There are so many random factoids you can't prepare for on Millionaire, but any serious player should know at least the world capitals. To be fair, the geographic placement of state capitals within a state is a bit trickier, at least for me
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

This is the video for the 9/12 A episode:
Spoiler
Comments:
Spoiler
Nice up the ladder by Susannah and as pointed out by Chris it's rare the audience lifeline is still around so late in the game.
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

Waiting on pins and needles for my (quickly thrown together) watch party to happen!

I've decided to wait until the A run (which should be in December) until I comment online about my game -- there'll be a live tweet for sure -- but I'll say now it was a wonderful experience that I'll remember forever, especially when there's a new episode on and I can say "I've been there".
Susannah
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Susannah »

Johnblue wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:06 pm I’m confused because I saw your episode today but I didn’t see that heavyset woman with the short hair that’s in the video above.
Hi! My name is Susannah.
acthomas

Post by acthomas »

Susannah wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:09 pm Hi! My name is Susannah.
And you get to adopt the unofficial but excellent title of "Kickass Millionaire Champion". Great work, Susannah! Pleasure to watch.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Great job Susannah! I might have tried the 250k question:
Spoiler
"iso" means same "morph" means shape? That seems pretty close to right. Sad trombone.
Does anyone have a link to today's "B" game? acthomas - great start on yesterday's show! I want to see the end.