Trebek, Sajak, White re-up for two additional years

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mfc248
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Trebek, Sajak, White re-up for two additional years

Post by mfc248 »

Per The Hollywood Reporter: Alex Trebek, Pat Sajak, and Vanna White have agreed two-year extensions to their current contracts, keeping them in place through 2021-22 - that is, Season 38 of Jeopardy! and Season 39 of Wheel of Fortune.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Trebek, Sajak, White re-up for two additional years

Post by morbeedo »

Well, that’s great news, because I wouldn’t want to appear on Megyn Kelly’s Jeopardy!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

morbeedo wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:09 pm Well, that’s great news, because I wouldn’t want to appear on Megyn Kelly’s Jeopardy!
Why? You opposed to wearing blackface? :twisted:
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Woof wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 pm
morbeedo wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:09 pm Well, that’s great news, because I wouldn’t want to appear on Megyn Kelly’s Jeopardy!
Why? You opposed to wearing blackface? :twisted:
LMAO. I dunno, where I grew up it was ok as long as you were playing a character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

pretty lame...really thought next year was going to be trebek's last year
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

CasketRomance wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 pm pretty lame...really thought next year was going to be trebek's last year
Lame because Trebek stated publicly that he would mostly likely retire? Or lame because you wanted Megyn Kelly to take over?
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

morbeedo wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:35 pm
CasketRomance wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 pm pretty lame...really thought next year was going to be trebek's last year
Lame because Trebek stated publicly that he would mostly likely retire? Or lame because you wanted Megyn Kelly to take over?
lame because i must endure him for another few years...no idea who that kelly person is
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

CasketRomance wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:24 am
lame because i must endure him for another few years...no idea who that kelly person is
No one's forcing you to.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

seaborgium wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:29 am
No one's forcing you to.
only real trivia show in usa tv
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

I think the board can sympathize. We all know what it's like to endure someone's presence and wish they would just leave.
billiej

Post by billiej »

opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:44 am
I think the board can sympathize. We all know what it's like to endure someone's presence and wish they would just leave.
(spittake) Someone owes me a keyboard!! :lol:
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We definitely need a "thumbs up" icon.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

you can choose to ignore me...i can't do that with trebek unless as long as he hosts the only real trivia show on usa tv
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

Well, I'm glad Alex is sticking around.

What about Johnny? He's 94 now.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

CasketRomance wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:13 pm

you can choose to ignore me...i can't do that with trebek unless as long as he hosts the only real trivia show on usa tv
you can choose to read the transcripts instead, it really is a choice, you are just making the choice to do something you don't really want to do.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

In 2022, I expect to see hundreds of clickbait articles about their supposed retirements.

In all seriousness, I expect to see a few more years out of both hosts yet. When Barker was in his last few years of TPIR I felt that he was frail, curmudgeonly, and forgetful (and that's even before I get into his alleged backstage tyranny). Trebek is 78 and Sajak is 72, but I feel that both of them are in good shape for their respective ages. I would have no problem with either man continuing to host past 80.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:00 pm In 2022, I expect to see hundreds of clickbait articles about their supposed retirements.

In all seriousness, I expect to see a few more years out of both hosts yet. When Barker was in his last few years of TPIR I felt that he was frail, curmudgeonly, and forgetful (and that's even before I get into his alleged backstage tyranny). Trebek is 78 and Sajak is 72, but I feel that both of them are in good shape for their respective ages. I would have no problem with either man continuing to host past 80.
Have to agree; I don't thing age by itself would be the issue. As long as they can do the job and ratings stay good, they should be able to stay as long as they want to stay. Johnny Gilbert is a case in point; I don't think anyone could legitimately make the case that his announcing skills have declined a bit, and he's 16 years older than Alex. I don't know that I would want a regular job at that age, but if he and Alex and Pat Sajak do, more power to them.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.