Software Upgrade

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Software Upgrade

Post by alietr »

We've (well, Robert K S) have done a software upgrade. We're working on a few glitches. Please bear with us.
SweepingDeveloper
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Software Upgrade

Post by SweepingDeveloper »

I've noticed one of the changes already. Each thread in the listing has a bit more padding.
NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

The icons showing "new messages" on the left of each topic have also changed as well. Looks nice.
rjaguar3
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by rjaguar3 »

For multiple-answer polls, the total votes (and the percentages using them) are the total number of options selected, not the number of distinct voters.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

rjaguar3 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:20 am For multiple-answer polls, the total votes (and the percentages using them) are the total number of options selected, not the number of distinct voters.
Still? Robert fixed it and it looks fine to me now.
rjaguar3
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by rjaguar3 »

alietr wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:56 am
rjaguar3 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:20 am For multiple-answer polls, the total votes (and the percentages using them) are the total number of options selected, not the number of distinct voters.
I noticed the issue after voting (when the results were displayed). On reloading the page, the correct percentages were shown. Perhaps it only occurs immediately after voting?
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

rjaguar3 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:08 am
I noticed the issue after voting (when the results were displayed). On reloading the page, the correct percentages were shown. Perhaps it only occurs immediately after voting?
I remember this being the case the last time the polls had this issue.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

seaborgium wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:55 am
rjaguar3 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:08 am
I remember this being the case the last time the polls had this issue.
And the numbers are working again. The bars...never will. I dunno, I'm pretty sure another page is involved with that part.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

The site won’t work on my laptop, but does on my phone and work computer, are there still issues with the upgrade?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Which browsers did you try it with on your laptop?
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:43 pm Which browsers did you try it with on your laptop?
Chrome, but I’ll try another and report back
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:43 pm Which browsers did you try it with on your laptop?
works with edge, but not chrome on my laptop (would rather use chrome).

anything I might be able to do to get it working for me on chrome, or is this something that needs to be done by the board?
Saturnalia
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Saturnalia »

triviawayne wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:45 pm

anything I might be able to do to get it working for me on chrome, or is this something that needs to be done by the board?
I was having trouble with Chrome on a laptop initially as well; I cleared cookies / browsing data and it's been fine since.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Saturnalia wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:01 pm
triviawayne wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:45 pm

I was having trouble with Chrome on a laptop initially as well; I cleared cookies / browsing data and it's been fine since.
it works, thank you
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

In Chrome (Windows), the icons for unread threads I haven't posted in and read threads I have posted in display normally at 30x30 pixels, but the icons for unread threads I've posted in and read threads I haven't posted in get stretched to 32x32 pixels and look blurry. Like so:

NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

Looks like it's just on your end. Also running Chrome on Win10 and the new icons have all seemed to update fine. Maybe clear your cache?
dinghammer
No Relation

Post by dinghammer »

NoWhammies10 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:24 pm Looks like it's just on your end. Also running Chrome on Win10 and the new icons have all seemed to update fine. Maybe clear your cache?
Weird -- I also noticed a problem on Chrome for Android after posting that, but with different icons being blurry. Clearing the cache fixed it on that. I also cleared my cache on Windows, but the icons weren't fixed the first time I re-opened the site, but they were after I refreshed with Ctrl-F5.

So thanks; it's fixed (for) now.