Possible NCAA related schedule changes

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Possible NCAA related schedule changes

Post by Volante »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/media/ne ... index.html

There will be a speech given by President Trump at 9PM EST and all major networks have agreed to carry it.
TitanTV hasn't updated yet, so who knows how long they've blocked off, if every time zone will carry it live, what will be preempted and to when so...keep an eye out I guess.
Last edited by Volante on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Possible schedule changes tomorrow

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 am https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/media/ne ... index.html

There will be a speech given by President Trump at 9PM EST and all major networks have agreed to carry it.
TitanTV hasn't updated yet, so who knows how long they've blocked off, if every time zone will carry it live, what will be preempted and to when so...keep an eye out I guess.
That looks like 90 minutes between the address and the response although it would be nice if it was only one hour total. Then we get to go through all of it again on the 29th which will definitely be at least 90 minutes.

For network programming the prime time shows were all scheduled as new. East will dictate West. If NYC shows for example:

Lethal Weapon
Ellen's Game of Games
NCIS
The Conners & The Kids are Alright

That is 8-9. The address and response then local news would take matters close to 11 and more news.

For the West the address and response will go 6 - 7:30ish. At that point J! and/or Wheel could start from the beginning or joined in progress. At 8 (or 8:30) they might need need to then copycat the network's one of hour of prime time TV that aired in the East. From there the local affiliates would have options 9-11 whether the full game show block, news or reruns.

I would not expect the West to air the full 3 hours of prime time shows and then be a week ahead of the East for the 2nd and 3rd hours of shows. Same with Fox having two hours with Lethal Weapon and The Gifted. One will air new, but not both.

The shuffle would then affect the new shows for next week putting them a week behind listings. Everything would be made up down the line with reruns replaced with new episodes and by the middle of May everything would be on track to end as expected for the end of the season airings.

For dedicated TV viewers you may not see some of the shows you care about tomorrow and your DVR might be thrown for a loop, but you will not be missing any network shows. For game show viewers, yes it depends where you are and what your station does.

Some network shows do not have full 22 or 24 episode seasons, so those with shorter runs make it easier to squeeze in a new episode in an unplanned slot. What can also happen is a midseason show can be bumped to summer or fall instead of debuting in Feb. or March.
Volante

Post by Volante »

Looks like ABC's going to air it at 6PM... Probably add a manual recording for 2-3AM when I get home.
Still no actual schedule released.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:04 pm Looks like ABC's going to air it at 6PM... Probably add a manual recording for 2-3AM when I get home.
My previous post greatly overestimated the interruption tonight with Trump slotted for about 8 minutes. It should all be done in 15-20 minutes instead allowing time for all network programs to air as expected other than local news cut short. Stations will run crawls with updates.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/trump ... own-today/
Volante

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:37 pm
Volante wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:04 pm Looks like ABC's going to air it at 6PM... Probably add a manual recording for 2-3AM when I get home.
My previous post greatly overestimated the interruption tonight with Trump slotted for about 8 minutes. It should all be done in 15-20 minutes instead allowing time for all network programs to air as expected other than local news cut short. Stations will run crawls with updates.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/trump ... own-today/
New twist, networks are ALSO going to air a Pelosi/Schumer rebuttal after Trump's speech
https://www.apnews.com/c73946deffa54d7db6030e4d906d85e7
Television networks airing President Donald Trump’s Oval Office speech on his proposed border wall and the partial government shutdown have also committed to airing the Democratic response to the president.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer say they will make the case themselves. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox broadcasting, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network and MSNBC all said they would air the rebuttal.
And having to read crawls for updates means having to watch it in the first place...
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

Mar 21-22, 28-29, Apr 8: All CBS affiliates that air Jeopardy will be affected by NCAA March Madness.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

kablamfan11 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:34 pm Mar 21-22, 28-29, Apr 8: All CBS affiliates that air Jeopardy will be affected by NCAA March Madness.
Even WAKA? That's 9:30 a.m. CT
The first hoops game would be 11:00 CT?
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

kablamfan11 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:34 pm Mar 21-22, 28-29, Apr 8: All CBS affiliates that air Jeopardy will be affected by NCAA March Madness.
https://mattcarberry.com/Jeopardy/j-airing.html suggests otherwise, as Mark has said.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

All CBS affiliates “may” be affected, I’m sure is what the poster meant. Any ET city with the show between 7 and 8 PM should be fine on the final Monday.
Volante

Post by Volante »

jeff6286 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:16 pm All CBS affiliates “may” be affected, I’m sure is what the poster meant. Any ET city with the show between 7 and 8 PM should be fine on the final Monday.
Alternatively, all CBS affiliates will be affected in some way, but not all ways will affect J!

As always, check your local affiliate. Better to be safe than realize your DVR didn't automatically pick up the new time. :D