Thursday, January 17, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Thursday, January 17, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Volante »

Oh, shout out to Daredevil (Marvel/NetFlix) for Avocados at Law
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

Did anyone else get "Toledo" as "Glass City" right away because of the (now-defunct) Glassmen Drum & Bugle Corps?

Ugh, I came to "compound" immediately but got stuck looking for something else because I didn't make the connection with a building compound, even though it's not like I had never heard of that before or anything.

Y-O-D-A, Yoda, Yo-Yo-Yo, Yo Yo-da...

Coryat: $37,400

J: 26R2P2W. Got DD. 5/5 on States, Trophy, "Holy" This, and 80's. 4/5 in Italian (I guessed "nine" instead of "ninety"). 2/5 in Cooking ("chives," not "chicory")

DJ: 21R9P. Ugh. Got both DDs. 5/5 on Beard Men. 4/5 on Chemistry and Films. 3/5 on Generation "Y" and Alcatraz. 2/5 on World Through Literature.

FJ: Instaget.

LT: Decameron, Ammonia (farm boys REPRESENT!)
Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:55 pm I really need to sort out Manuel Noriega and Daniel Ortega. Unfortunately, Ortega was a nu-crossword/Games Magazine fave back in the day, so his name always comes to mind first.
I was this close to saying Anastasio Somoza before I paid more attention to the date.
Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

JayK33 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:27 pm I know who Banksy is though.
As in "I have heard of the artist known as Banksy" or "I know the legal identity of the artist known popularly as Banksy"?
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

Euphonium wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:49 pm
JayK33 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:27 pm I know who Banksy is though.
As in "I have heard of the artist known as Banksy" or "I know the legal identity of the artist known popularly as Banksy"?
The former, in that case.