Show tickets question

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

Show tickets question

Post by TenPoundHammer »

How easy is it to get tickets to the show? With the recent news of Trebek's diagnosis, I want to at least meet him in person in his most familiar surroundings. The first couple ticket sites I checked looked straight out of 2002, so I wasn't sure of how "active" those sites are.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: Show tickets question

Post by triviawayne »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:35 am How easy is it to get tickets to the show? With the recent news of Trebek's diagnosis, I want to at least meet him in person in his most familiar surroundings. The first couple ticket sites I checked looked straight out of 2002, so I wasn't sure of how "active" those sites are.
If you happen to be in the area anyway, you could always show up and see if they let you in.

I'm saying this without any knowledge of how tight they are with any rules that may exist about having tickets in advance, but I know with all shows, having a ticket to a taping doesn't guarantee you will get in to see the show, and in some cases, if you're nice enough to the right person, you'll get in without a ticket.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Did you look into it when you were there for WOF?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

If you go to a taping, you will see him and he will discuss things and take questions, but the odds of actually meeting him one-on-one are very low.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Bamaman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:24 am Did you look into it when you were there for WOF?
While I was at a Wheel taping a year before my own, the tickets to that one were a surprise gift of unknown origin.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

I suspect that with the news of Alex Trebek's diagnosis that there will be extreme demand for tickets to the remaining taping sessions this season.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

harrumph wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:32 am I suspect that with the news of Alex Trebek's diagnosis that there will be extreme demand for tickets to the remaining taping sessions this season.
You're likely correct. I've made two visits to Culver City, and I'm thankful for both of them for different reasons. The first one was in October 2012 when I taped my game (singular). The second one was in January 2018, when I took advantage of ridiculously low mid-week plane fares (and being retired) to attend a taping on a lark. I'm not sure if it was a silly idea or not, but I'm really glad I decided to do it.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

This may be the longest of shots, but I would seriously appreciate any help in getting a ticket for at least myself ASAP.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:07 pm This may be the longest of shots, but I would seriously appreciate any help in getting a ticket for at least myself ASAP.
https://www.jeopardy.com/tickets still says a taping date is available. Have you tried that?
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

boson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:28 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:07 pm This may be the longest of shots, but I would seriously appreciate any help in getting a ticket for at least myself ASAP.
https://www.jeopardy.com/tickets still says a taping date is available. Have you tried that?
It showed no availability yesterday. Today it says 3/12, which is definitely too little notice.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:31 pm
boson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:28 pm
It showed no availability yesterday. Today it says 3/12, which is definitely too little notice.
The Teachers Tournament has not taped yet (beginning of April) and perhaps someone is flying in without a full guest list? Try a Reddit post? Good luck.
antsvitale
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by antsvitale »

I wonder if this is similar to like how SNL does it with stand-by tickets — maybe you need to check in the morning the day of? I haven't tried to go, but it's definitely on my bucketlist!
lincoln23
Contributor

Post by lincoln23 »

I just happened to check for tickets, and it seems they are available for Sat. March 30th and Mon. April 1. I'll be arriving in the area later that Monday (unfortunately!), but someone may want to try to go to one of those if they can.
kerryoakie
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kerryoakie »

I saw the tickets for Saturday and almost grabbed them, but I wanted to confirm flights first. With spring break and short notice, flights were very expensive, but I decided it's worth the cost. Less than 6 hours later and all the J! tickets were gone. If anyone sees them pop back up for Saturday, please let me know.