Friday, April 5, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, April 5, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by CasketRomance »

morbeedo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:06 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:23 am Nice title defense by James in staying cool against a tough competitor. This week's pool of players had some heavy hitters in the mix.
Nice to see the challengers recognize what they’re up against and rise to the occasion. I imagine James could go on a long run if his future opponents revert to safe game play. I, for one, would go down kicking and screaming. Up against this week’s players, he doesn’t look unbeatable

This game was good for me. Few misses and some nice trash pick ups. My only miss on the big clues was Sarah Lawrence, but no way I’m betting more than $5 on COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES unless I’m forced to bet more
need to study up on that category, dude...one of my favourite categories...though i did miss that sarah lawrence school...never heard of it
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

CasketRomance wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:27 pmneed to study up on that category, dude...one of my favourite categories...though i did miss that sarah lawrence school...never heard of it
I went with Vassar because I didn’t make the connection from Sadie to Sarah
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

Berned.jpg
Berned.jpg (71.15 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
MTGcollegestudent
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MTGcollegestudent »

Satish gave it a good run, but eventually had ran out of gas. James capitalized on that game and would have still won even if everybody had got FJ! wrong. But holy CRAP! That FJ! had me stumped for more than 30 seconds and I literally gave up trying to solve this one. (BTW, Rackme32, love that joke.)

James kind of held his own despite Satish getting 2 of the 3 DDs, but James picked up the 3rd DD to ensue him a wave of momentum moving ahead, but still won out in the end. Satish, I'm not sure if he saw James' first win, but betting $4,000 seemed safe, because the other half of the spectrum would have detailed if James were to make a comeback swing, and he did after picking up the 2nd DD in Double Jeopardy!

Otherwise, this had to be a thrilling game to watch, but on a tough FJ! category to boot.
Jeopardy! is like History. It's a mixed bag of categories that try to test your knowledge to see if you know or can recall answers that seem familiar to the viewer.