Jeopardy! article from Games Magazine (1987)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Jeopardy! article from Games Magazine (1987)

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Hey all. Gonna pimp my blog for just a minute. I scanned a pair of old (more than 30 years) Games Magazine articles about Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune that people might be interested in. Have a look, won't you?

(And if anyone can confirm a link to Roger Dionne's Wheel games, I'd be ever so grateful.)

https://theycallittrivia.blogspot.com/2 ... icles.html
Le Master
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Jeopardy! article from Games Magazine (1987)

Post by Le Master »

He selects a good mix of questions and answers in 12 individual categories, which are studied by Alex, discussed by three of four writers, and proofread before being programmed into Chyron, the computer system used to display the material on the board.
Interesting piece of Jeopardy! trivia I have never heard.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Season 1 5x champ John Hnat's ToC yearbook blurb mentioned getting fooled by Steven Dorfman's third sample clue.
Le Master
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Le Master »

For the fun of it I looked to see if I could find the page in Fred Worth's Super Trivia regarding Howdy Doody's freckles the article talks about.

trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Le Master wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:05 pm For the fun of it I looked to see if I could find the page in Fred Worth's Super Trivia regarding Howdy Doody's freckles the article talks about.[/img]
Fred Worth may have been correct with the 48, but the show's title was just "Howdy Doody," not "Howdy Doody Time."
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:04 pmHey all. Gonna pimp my blog for just a minute. I scanned a pair of old (more than 30 years) Games Magazine articles about Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune that people might be interested in. Have a look, won't you?

https://theycallittrivia.blogspot.com/2 ... icles.html
Great stuff, Myron--thanks for scanning and sharing. Somewhere I've still got stashed away a couple years' of Games magazines ca. 1979-82.
I see Gary Lee's name is spelled Garry in the answer credits. Wonder if I can still get a free Games T-shirt...
In and out of the pool four times
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

Thanks for posting this, Myron. One thing I found interesting:
The Wheel article wrote:...the celebrity guests on other shows who work at scale (currently $750 a day)...
I've often wondered what the Charles Nelson Reillys and Nipsey Russells of the world were making for their appearances.
Sprinkles are for winners.