J! and other notable contestants on The Chase (possible J! spoilers)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

JayK33
Just a Fan

J! and other notable contestants on The Chase (possible J! spoilers)

Post by JayK33 »

Seeing how dominant James is so far, and knowing he's been on The Chase previously, I've thought about putting together some kind of a list of contestants that have been on both shows, and seeing how they performed on both.

I have not seen nor do I have records of every episode of "The Chase" that there was, but I can begin with the records that I do have.

Note that The Chase doesn't give last names, so I may not recognize everyone that I otherwise would.

J! contestants will be bolded, but full names will also be given for those that I am able to ID, along with some notes if needed.

Contestant List

Carl / Summera Howell / Anthony (Summera is an actress, IMDB page here) -- The two guys made it to the end, but lost

Aaron / Christian Carrion / Moly (don't recognize any of them from J!, but Christian's name I found on Buzzerblog, and I believe I remember someone who spelled her name "Moly" on one of the George Gray "Weakest Link" episodes. Maybe the same person? Christian's also been on BAM, winning $15K) -- All three players made it to the end of this episode, but lost

Steve Kaltenbaugh / Jay Rhee / Jamie Rosler (Jay of course is a 5x J! champ and ToC semifinalist, Steve was a challenger on David Madden's last regular game, and Jamie Rosler [thanks to Lucario for IDing her for me] was on J! in January of 2018. She also won $100K on BAM in 2016) -- Steve and Jay made it to the end of this episode, and split $70K

James / Lisa / Clyde (don't recognize any of them)

Raj Dhuwalia / Lee Ann / Dave Bykowski (Raj was a 1-time champ on J!, has competed in the WQC, and won $250K on BAM. Dave also appeared on BAM in 2016, winning $50K [thanks to colonial for the ID and info]) -- Raj alone made it to the end of this episode, and won $125,000. One of the more dominant players I remember seeing on the show.

Jonathan Corbblah / Cory Anotado / Heather Hurley (Jonathan was a 1-time J! champ and Heather was a contestant a couple years ago. I didn't know who Cory was until someone on here decided to "respectfully" let me know... but he's been on Jep!, the spin-off that lasted from 1998-2000, and WoF as well. I believe he is also the founder of Buzzerblog) -- All three players made it to the end and split $180K

Jamie / David / Derek Daily (Derek [thanks to Lucario for IDing him, and Derek for clarifying the spelling of his last name] was on BAM just recently, winning $5K) -- He and David made it to the end, but lost

Lindsey / Jackie Fuchs / Robert Dimitri (both Jackie and Robert are J! champs, Jackie having won 4 earlier this season and Robert won one game last season) -- Robert alone made it to the end, but lost

Eric / Stephanie / Jacob (don't recognize any)

Mark / Faith / Jay (don't recognize any)

Miguel Ruiz / Louis Virtel / Julia (Miguel Ruiz from J! season 27. Louis was a contestant on both J! and BAM as well, winning $30K on the latter) -- All three made it to the end and split $115,000

Arianna Haut / Logan / James (Ariana was on College J! in 2002, fishing as a Semifinalist. She also won $5,000 on BAM in 2018) -- Only James made it to the end, but lost

Chris / Arielle / Jeremy (don't recognize)

Adrienne / Osahon / Lety (don't recognize, but Osahon may have also been on BAM)

Mike / Trevor / Bethany (don't recognize, but Mike also looks a little familiar)

Nathan / Mark / Jamie (don't recognize)

Damien / Eric / Laura (don't recognize)

Sonya / Rob / Sean (don't recognize) -- This is also the only episode in my records where all three contestants were eliminated by the Chaser in the first rounds. Sonya was chosen to represent the team in the final, but lost

Muffy Marracco Morris / Stephen / Andy (Muffy was in the 1992 J! Teen Tournament, and won $100K on BAM) -- Stephen and Andy made it to the end and split $80K

Thad / Molly / Rahul (don't recognize)

Andy / Stephanie / John (don't recognize)

René / Erik Dresner / Lindsay (Erik was a J! 1-time champ) -- All three players made it to the end, but lost

Jill / Chris / Frank Stasio? (I didn't recognize Frank but according to Buzzerblog, he has been on The Chase, and I'm assuming this is him? He was a 2-time champ on J! back in season 18) -- Chris and Frank made it to the end and split $110,000

Jamie / Jeff King / James Holzhauer (Yes, it is he.) -- All three made it to the end and split $175,000. The Beast only reached 9 out of an impressive 26 in the Final Chase, apparently

Gordon Bellamy / Caitlin / Michael (Gordon was on the primetime version of Weakest Link, where he was the second voted out. He has a Wikipedia page here [thanks to threearruda for the ID]. Gordon also appeared on Million Dollar Mind Game in 2011) -- All three made it to the end, but lost

Ian / Rosarlin / Mason (don't recognize)

Rachael / Elissa / Dan (don't recognize)

Karla / Darrell / Adam (don't recognize, but Adam looks familiar)

Next in records is a celebrity edition with Dean Cain, Boris Kodjoe, and Seamus Dever. Dean's been on Celeb J! in 1993 or so. He and Seamus made it to the end and split $100,000.

Andrew / Lizzy / Thomas (don't recognize)

Larissa Charnsangavej? / Adam / Durant Gipson? (no confirmation on Larissa and Durant yet but I'd assume it's them. If so, Larissa was on College J! and Durant was a player in Season 26, I think) -- The two men made it to the end, but lost

Zuri / Victor / Megan (don't recognize)

Mellissa Ahmed? / David / Huy (I think that's Mellissa Ahmed from J! Season 26 or so) -- She and Huy made it to the end, but lost

Next episode in my records was the one where Thomas, Muffy Marracco Morris, and Robert Dimitri returned for a second chance. This time, all three made it to the end and split $105,000.

Brendan DuBois / Evan / Shreya (Brendan was a 1-time champ on J!) -- He and Shreya made it to the end, and split $35,000

Andrea / Chris / Spencer (don't recognize)

Next was another celebrity edition, with Cameron Mathison, Tatyana Ali, and Carson Kressley. Carson was on that two-week Celeb J! special in Season 23. Cameron hasn't been on J!, but from shows I follow, he's also been on a DWTS (so has Carson), and BAM twice, winning $30,000 and $10,000. Cameron then appeared as an audience contestant on the show, and won the $1,000 [thanks to threearruda for the info]. The two guys made it to the end of this episode, but lost.

Lawrence / Jordan / Stephen (don't recognize)

Nicole / Casey / Shanna Lafferty? (if that's the right Shanna, then she's been on J! in season 30) -- Nicole and Shanna made it to the end, but lost

Sarah / Alfonso / James Fesalbon? (if I have the right James here, then he was on J! back in season 14) -- He and Alfonso made it to the end, but lost

Kyle / Anthony / Joseph (don't recognize any of them. This was a firefighters special, I believe)

Joel / Benj / Aaron (don't recognize any, but all three of them were brothers)

Catherine / Danielle / Kyle Kahan (Kyle was on College J! and BAM) -- All three players made it to the end, but lost

Brandon / Amy / Leo (don't recognize)

Dan / Kristy / Corey (don't recognize)

Jeremy Cahnmann / Jenny / Yasmeen (Jeremy won $50,000 on BAM [thanks to Carpe Diem for ID]) -- Only Jenny made it to the end, but lost

Khalifa / Adam / Rebecca Dixon (Rebecca was a 2-time J! champ in season 26. She also won $1,000 on BAM) -- Khalifa and Rebecca made it to the end, and split $65,000. Thanks to Jeff-thecdboy for this info.

And that's all I have in my records right now. If anyone can help me confirm those question marks and fill in some more names, that would be good.
Last edited by JayK33 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:23 am, edited 17 times in total.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Re: J! and other notable contestants on The Chase (possible J! spoilers)

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

JayK33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:17 am Jamie (don't recognize Jamie
www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=11841
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

JayK33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:17 am Jamie / David / Derek (don't recognize any)
Derek Dailey was just on WWTBAM this Thursday and Friday.
Douglas Squasoni
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

Thanks. How much did Derek win? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
LucarioSnooperVixey

JayK33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:46 am Thanks. How much did Derek win? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
5k. He lost on the 30k question which asked about Trump's codename.
Douglas Squasoni
threearruda
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by threearruda »

JayK33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:17 am

Gordon / Caitlin / Michael (don't recognize)

Next was another celebrity edition, with Cameron Mathison, Tatyana Ali, and Carson Kressley. Carson was on that two-week Celeb J! special in Season 23. Cameron hasn't been on J!, but from shows I follow, he's also been on a DWTS. The two guys made it to the end of this episode, but lost.
Thanks for the list, great work!

I believe Gordon (do not know his last name) was on the primetime version of The Weakest Link back in 2001. Someone on YouTube posted many of those episodes years back and I recognized him in one episode, but it appears those have since been removed so I can't double check. IIRC, he was voted in out in the early/middle rounds, despite having answered all of his questions correctly to that point.

Cameron appeared on Millionaire last year and again this year. I won't cue up the videos, but he's there.
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

Thanks. The Weakest Link episode guide on tv.com somehow has contestants' last names, so I was able to find Gordon's on there. I also have his episode in my WL records. Second voted out despite not getting anything wrong in that round (he got one wrong in Round 1 though). I was also able to find Cameron's page on the BAM wiki for the prize info.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

JayK33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:17 am Jamie / Jeff / James Holzhauer (Yes, it is he.) -- All three made it to the end and split $175,000. The Beast only reached 9 out of an impressive 26 in the Final Chase, apparently
The Jeff in this episode was not me, but I know his name was Jeff King. I don't know of him being on any other game shows, but I think this is him: https://iditarod.com/race/2018/mushers/59-Jeff-King/
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

jeff6286 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:19 am I think this is him: https://iditarod.com/race/2018/mushers/59-Jeff-King/
Jeff, you're such a troll.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

JayK33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:17 am Jeremy / Jenny / Yasmeen (don't recognize)
Jeremy Cahnmann
Spoiler
won $50,000 on Millionaire earlier this season.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:27 am There is a Chase episode guide at: http://gameshows.fandom.com/wiki/The_Ch ... sode_Guide
I did not know Kate Burton had been on. She was in my class in college (kinda obvious when you have that famous a father). Too bad the Beast beast them.
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:27 am There is a Chase episode guide at: http://gameshows.fandom.com/wiki/The_Ch ... sode_Guide
That page may be good for stats and such, but besides the celebrity episodes, it won't help IDing any of the contestants, which is the main purpose of this thread.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

I can tell you that Rebecca Dixon is the one from the August 6, 2015 episode.
LucarioSnooperVixey

I think Osahon was on WWTBAM as well. Early in Cedric's season shortly before he was on The Chase. The reason why I have a recollection of this is because when he was on The Chase in December 2013, he talked about what his name means. I recalled that same information from WWTBAM just prior and the name Osahon did in fact ring a bell.
Douglas Squasoni
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:25 pm I think Osahon was on WWTBAM as well. Early in Cedric's season shortly before he was on The Chase. The reason why I have a recollection of this is because when he was on The Chase in December 2013, he talked about what his name means. I recalled that same information from WWTBAM just prior and the name Osahon did in fact ring a bell.
Googling "Osahon Who Wants to be a Millionaire" only brings up results from the Nigerian version for me. But I did add in a "may have also been on BAM" note to his name on here.
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

jeff6286 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:19 am
JayK33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:17 am Jamie / Jeff / James Holzhauer (Yes, it is he.) -- All three made it to the end and split $175,000. The Beast only reached 9 out of an impressive 26 in the Final Chase, apparently
The Jeff in this episode was not me, but I know his name was Jeff King. I don't know of him being on any other game shows, but I think this is him: https://iditarod.com/race/2018/mushers/59-Jeff-King/
Unless the Jeff on the show aged like 25 years in the last few, then no.

Really though, if the Jeff on the show is you (another recent post of yours in another thread led me to believe that), then that's great. However, I am trying to put together an actual list here, though. So if you could genuinely help out with any contestants, that would be nice.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

JayK33 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:58 am
jeff6286 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:19 am
Unless the Jeff on the show aged like 25 years in the last few, then no.

Really though, if the Jeff on the show is you (another recent post of yours in another thread led me to believe that), then that's great. However, I am trying to put together an actual list here, though. So if you could genuinely help out with any contestants, that would be nice.
It was a joke. I chatted with Jeff King yesterday, and it was him (not the Iditarod guy).
TheLibmanMop
Contributor

Post by TheLibmanMop »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:39 am
JayK33 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:17 am Jamie / David / Derek (don't recognize any)
Derek Dailey was just on WWTBAM this Thursday and Friday.
My last name is spelled Daily - I thank my parents every day for giving me a first and last name that each have multiple variations. Thanks for ID’ing me!
hscer

Post by hscer »

I guess this counts (maybe) - According to Wikipedia, Brad Rutter filmed a U.S. pilot as a Chaser, but the citation is an archive.org copy of a paywalled article. Fortunately a Twitter search reveals:

Now Completed: TD 224 - Airplane!
Coming Eventually: hscer's 3rd TD

Twitter: http://twitter.com/hscer
Sporcle: http://www.sporcle.com/user/hscer