Confetti Discussion

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Confetti Discussion

Post by alietr »

seaborgium wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 pm Well, Confetti differs from the other "quiz for money on your phone apps" by using an existing platform. I was able to go to Confetti's page and see a list of episodes back to October 15. All the questions and payouts can be gleaned from those videos.
Yeah, but I was looking for a handy dandy site like the Archive. I'm not going to flip through almost a half hour of J.D.'s babblings to see what 10 questions were.
Prizes
Just Started Her First Lap in the Jeopardy! Pool!

Post by Prizes »

alietr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm Does anybody know if someone has collected the questions and payouts somewhere?
I don't have a total list of payouts, but can pretty well tell you what most of them were on a given night, be it from my winnings or what those of friends/family were. Biggest was $5K each for 5 winners, lowest was $2 and change.
RJRouge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by RJRouge »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:26 pm
RJRouge wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 am It's getting more and more emotionally draining to continue losing this game. The fact that I can't monetize my only major skill during a lengthy unemployment is taking a major toll.
I’ve never won but I’ve only played a handful of times. Do you have friends on FB who play?
I have 2 that I joined from a thread at LL, plus my wife. I've won a few times now, so it doesn't hurt quite as much as the unemployment anymore.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Got to the last question on Confetti tonight and missed. Some people seem to win every single night. Um, what am I doing wrong? Most of the questions are so random
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

morbeedo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:00 pm Got to the last question on Confetti tonight and missed. Some people seem to win every single night. Um, what am I doing wrong? Most of the questions are so random
wonder if one of them is lucariosnoopervixey...dude never misses a final jeopardy clue...doubt he would miss a fricking confetti question
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

morbeedo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:00 pm Got to the last question on Confetti tonight and missed. Some people seem to win every single night. Um, what am I doing wrong? Most of the questions are so random
You have many LLamas in your FB friends list? I know that having Alex Jacob and several other TOC players in my friends list has helped my get rate in Confetti.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

The free lives thing has been reducing the payouts.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Woof wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:21 am
You have many LLamas in your FB friends list? I know that having Alex Jacob and several other TOC players in my friends list has helped my get rate in Confetti.
Nope! They say no man is an island, but I'm surrounded by water on pretty much all sides
RJRouge

Post by RJRouge »

I have managed four wins (2 regular games, then the game show and video game theme nights) with two LLamas and my wife on board. There's a guy who recently posted 100 wins and I don't know how he's gaming the system exactly, but there has to be some explanation. No one is that good on their own.
LanceJ
Contributor

Post by LanceJ »

alietr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:37 pm
seaborgium wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 pm Well, Confetti differs from the other "quiz for money on your phone apps" by using an existing platform. I was able to go to Confetti's page and see a list of episodes back to October 15. All the questions and payouts can be gleaned from those videos.
Yeah, but I was looking for a handy dandy site like the Archive. I'm not going to flip through almost a half hour of J.D.'s babblings to see what 10 questions were.
It's volunteer-run (mostly G. Paul Bailey) so every day isn't listed but usually there's a recap a few minutes after the game here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/appshowsummaries/
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Why do so many people congratulate the winners at the end? Does that bestow something upon you?
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

alietr wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:27 pm Why do so many people congratulate the winners at the end? Does that bestow something upon you?
they like to be seen by the masses...and since most who play this use their real account rather than a troll account, they can't go the negative route
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

It's not worth playing 'guess the face' at the very end of the time allowed for me. Have all the questions been like that?
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

alietr wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:28 am It's not worth playing 'guess the face' at the very end of the time allowed for me. Have all the questions been like that?
The last few nights have followed the game theme. Not sure why they're stuck on that format. I think it's fun - and easier overall - but not every night
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am
alietr wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:28 am It's not worth playing 'guess the face' at the very end of the time allowed for me. Have all the questions been like that?
The last few nights have followed the game theme. Not sure why they're stuck on that format. I think it's fun - and easier overall - but not every night
It seems to me that they're trying to incorporate more Google-proof questions into the mix. Given how easy it is to game the system, I see the logic of what they're doing.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Woof wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 am
It seems to me that they're trying to incorporate more Google-proof questions into the mix. Given how easy it is to game the system, I see the logic of what they're doing.
I thought they did a good job of Googleproofing it already. There's no way to look stuff up in that short a time, let alone some of what they throw at you.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

alietr wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:56 am
Woof wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 am
I thought they did a good job of Googleproofing it already. There's no way to look stuff up in that short a time, let alone some of what they throw at you.
What the Film is impossible to Google, but the celebrity quotes are very easy to look up because my man reads the quote before the clock even starts! But you have to use " " to get the answer. There's also enough time to Google what sinks / floats for at least 1 of the 3 things
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

I tried playing a few times, but I can't keep my attention through the host's yakking.
goongas

Post by goongas »

Looks like they are being cancelled after this week? They didn't use the word cancel, but they are going on a hiatus...
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I fell victim to that first Party Foul, and the new feature of being able to choose to use an extra life somehow caused me to save it for later when I wanted to use it. Luckily I finally got a second question wrong at my last possible chance, so my extra life failure didn't cost me $300.