New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by MarkBarrett »

Thank you GSD and Sg for the help with the schools and cities. Even though I will do easier Senior and College games as well, there will be more such opportunities to assist when I get to other Teen games this summer.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Do you have either of the full games of these single-topic TV show categories that are on YouTube, or at least the airdates?

TWIN PEAKS

From May 1991, the College Championship finals (either May 16 or 17, per someone in the comments)

STAR TREK: DS9

From the 1994 Teen Tourney semifinals (sometime in February, again per the comments)

Every once in a while I'm tempted to enter just these 5 clues, and if I knew you had the full games, that would tamper that temptation.

(Not that I expect you to enter games on my schedule, of course. Just wondering.)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:34 pm Do you have either of the full games of these single-topic TV show categories that are on YouTube, or at least the airdates?

TWIN PEAKS (Spoiling to shorten size of post)
Spoiler

From May 1991, the College Championship finals (either May 16 or 17, per someone in the comments)

STAR TREK: DS9

From the 1994 Teen Tourney semifinals (sometime in February, again per the comments)

Every once in a while I'm tempted to enter just these 5 clues, and if I knew you had the full games, that would tamper that temptation.

(Not that I expect you to enter games on my schedule, of course. Just wondering.)
Very strange that somehow I missed seeing this post and only now noticed it.

I would say it's very likely I have the games, so no need to enter a partial. This week I'm doing QF 2-5 of the 1987 Teens and hope to do the semis and finals next week. I can switch gears to the two games above the following week. Also, I think I'm supposed to check on Scott Gillespie for any possible incorrect responses for his college games not in the archive.

For today I added QF2 from the 1987 Teen Tournament: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6294

Player pics of Mitch Epner, Amy Wilson and Michael Galvin:
Spoiler
One clue wanted the host of Wheel of Fortune as the correct response. For cheezguyty, what is the count of clues that wanted him vs. the number that asked for Trebek as the right guy?

About the FJ! clue:
Spoiler
Is Sam Jackson the guy now?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Myron for the YT clips: 3/17/91 is F2 and 2/15/94 is S2.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:08 pm Myron for the YT clips: 3/17/91 is F2 and 2/15/94 is S2.
You're the man.

Regarding the FJ in the game you posted today, I'd say yes, assuming we pin the clue with "domestic gross, unadjusted for inflation".
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 pm Regarding the FJ in the game you posted today, I'd say yes, assuming we pin the clue with "domestic gross, unadjusted for inflation".
Don't know that it has a correct response today. He doesn't "star" in any of them.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

econgator wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:03 pm
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 pm Regarding the FJ in the game you posted today, I'd say yes, assuming we pin the clue with "domestic gross, unadjusted for inflation".
Don't know that it has a correct response today. He doesn't "star" in any of them.

But you're right, of course. They way they used that fact for a question on Mental Samurai was much better.
CharlieD
Contributor

Post by CharlieD »

This is my first post on JBoard, and I'm excited to be a part of the community.
I have recordings of the missing games of Season 18 in 2001 and 2002. Can I get involved in posting them to the archive? I would love to post some games. Otherwise, I'm wondering if any of the people working on Season 18 need recordings of the 22 or so games? One way or another, I'd love to see them in the archive.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

CharlieD wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:54 pm This is my first post on JBoard, and I'm excited to be a part of the community.
I have recordings of the missing games of Season 18 in 2001 and 2002. Can I get involved in posting them to the archive? I would love to post some games. Otherwise, I'm wondering if any of the people working on Season 18 need recordings of the 22 or so games? One way or another, I'd love to see them in the archive.
Hey, I need recordings of the 22 games from Season 18. I can make transcripts.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

CharlieD wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:54 pm This is my first post on JBoard, and I'm excited to be a part of the community.
I believe we have copies of those games, we just get to them whenever we can. (I know we have the closed captioning for them.) If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Because they can be Clue Crew-heavy, we gravitate toward the older games first. However, I am working one one of them right now.

Thanks for thinking of us.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:44 pm I believe we have copies of those games, we just get to them whenever we can. (I know we have the closed captioning for them.) If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected.
What do you do with games where you only have the closed captioning? That doesn't include the text of the clues themselves, right? After all, those words are already on the screen and don't need cc. So do you just enter in all the correct responses and the score tracking but no actual clues? If so, is there an example of this I can look at? I'm fascinated.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

opusthepenguin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:01 am
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:44 pm I believe we have copies of those games, we just get to them whenever we can. (I know we have the closed captioning for them.) If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected.
What do you do with games where you only have the closed captioning? That doesn't include the text of the clues themselves, right? After all, those words are already on the screen and don't need cc. So do you just enter in all the correct responses and the score tracking but no actual clues? If so, is there an example of this I can look at? I'm fascinated.
We use the captioning along with the video, so we don't have to type out Clue Crew clues where the text isn't on screen. The CC doesn't have clue text otherwise, no.

I believe we have complete video, and by we I mean someone other than me, since I'm just doing the games that show up online.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Incidentally, depending on the closed captioner, the closed captioning does indeed include the complete text of all the clues, as read by Alex! This is the exception rather than the rule, but I have seen it.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 2/18/87 QF3 for the Teen Tournament: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6296

Player pics of Cres Formey (Alex called him at chat time by his full first name, Creswell, Sara Stanchina, and Salil Kumar:
Spoiler
Sometimes QF betting hurts a player and Cres missed out on the semis with his wager and had to wait about a decade for another chance.
Last edited by MarkBarrett on Tue May 28, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieD
Contributor

Post by CharlieD »

kablamfan11 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 pm
You need recordings of Season 18? I have DVDs of more than half the season. What would you like me to do?
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

CharlieD wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:27 pm
You need recordings of Season 18? I have DVDs of more than half the season. What would you like me to do?
You can convert it to MP4 & send it to me via google drive.
CharlieD
Contributor

Post by CharlieD »

kablamfan11 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:12 pm
OK, I think I can do that. My upload speeds are very slow, so I'll see how it goes with the first missing show, #3981. I'll keep you posted. I can't private message yet.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

CharlieD wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:49 pm
kablamfan11 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:12 pm
OK, I think I can do that. My upload speeds are very slow, so I'll see how it goes with the first missing show, #3981. I'll keep you posted. I can't private message yet.
Okay.
dell3234

Post by dell3234 »

I have found a jeopardy epsiode that has the missing clues.

Thanks Justus

may 31 2001
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 1987 Teen QF 4: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6299

Player pics of Lisa Patterson, Brian Kalt, and Dana Venator:
Spoiler
Nice error by J! on the DD1 audio.

DD2: Her book "California Deamin'" & his book "Papa Johm" said their marriage was no California dream

Yeah, no kidding.