Boardies on the Show S36

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Nespy

Boardies on the Show S36

Post by Nespy »

I hope this is okay. I see that a couple of people in the audition thread have posted that they've already received calls and have been scheduled for upcoming tapings, so I hope this thread can be a place to post all of those in one place.

If you've received a casting call, please post where/when you auditioned, the date that you received the call and the taping date that you are scheduled for. That way those of us whose hearts' skip a beat every time the phone rings hoping that it's from California can gauge how much to worry about our remaining 17 months of eligibility in the contestant pool. :)
Last edited by Nespy on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Re: 2019 Casting Calls

Post by squarekara »

Since the term "casting call" usually means the same thing as "audition," I thought this thread was going to list additional opportunities to try out, say at trivia events, etc.

Enjoy your time in the pool and don't stress out if you see someone from your session getting The Call. Everybody has a different timeline.
MollyQMurphy
Silver Medalist

Re: 2019 Casting Calls

Post by MollyQMurphy »

Ok.

Online test specific to West Palm Beach FL
March 27.

Notified by email April 16 I was invited to audition in person.

Auditioned in WPB May 8, 2nd of 2 sessions, only audition day in that location.

Got The Call June 24 about 5pm Eastern. The coordinator said it was the first day of calls casting Season 36.

Taping day July 23, 2nd day of taping for Season 36.

Air date week of Sept. 16-20.
Pending...
MollyQMurphy
Silver Medalist

Re: 2019 Casting Selection Notifications

Post by MollyQMurphy »

I'd like to add that I have no idea why this is all happening so quickly compared to a lot of other people's experiences. I think it was just lucky timing, on the front of the next season's casting.

Not fishing for any compliments or speculation - just that if I were reading it rather than living it, I'd be pretty envious. For good or ill, I'm going thru the process fast.
Pending...
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

MollyQMurphy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:45 pm I'd like to add that I have no idea why this is all happening so quickly compared to a lot of other people's experiences. I think it was just lucky timing, on the front of the next season's casting.

Not fishing for any compliments or speculation - just that if I were reading it rather than living it, I'd be pretty envious. For good or ill, I'm going thru the process fast.
Congrats!

I auditioned in NYC in July 2017. I saw 3 people from my group appear on the show over the next year. One was called very quickly just like you. After 12 months went by, I gave up hope of getting the call, got cast on another show, and then 2 weeks later - surprise! jeopardy called.

So for me it was 14 months. The Call really can come at any time. I’m hoping the second call comes a lot sooner!
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

If I may be so bold, perhaps the thread could be renamed "2019-2020" to cover all of the next season.
OCSam
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

OrangeSAM wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:36 pm If I may be so bold, perhaps the thread could be renamed "2019-2020" to cover all of the next season.
Maybe we could revert to the olden days and have it say "Boardies on the Show S36".

As of now, we already have two. MollyQMurphy and gwallace2.
Douglas Squasoni
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:30 am
OrangeSAM wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:36 pm If I may be so bold, perhaps the thread could be renamed "2019-2020" to cover all of the next season.
Maybe we could revert to the olden days and have it say "Boardies on the Show S36".

As of now, we already have two. MollyQMurphy and gwallace2.
I agree. It will be clearer that way. I've changed it.
Nespy

Re: Boardies on the Show S36

Post by Nespy »

Thanks for the change! I apologize for the ambiguous/poorly chosen title on my part. I'm new to all of this!
skrambler
Sam Kavanaugh's Mustache

Post by skrambler »

I'm not on next season, but I AM on tonight's game! I auditioned way back in August of 2017 in Chicago, and didn't get the call until the beginning of March 2019 (more than the supposed 18 month cut-off). In any case, it was a fantastic experience, and I hope y'all are entertained!

-Sam
Audacious! Loquacious! Voracious!
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

skrambler wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:17 am I'm not on next season, but I AM on tonight's game! I auditioned way back in August of 2017 in Chicago, and didn't get the call until the beginning of March 2019 (more than the supposed 18 month cut-off). In any case, it was a fantastic experience, and I hope y'all are entertained!

-Sam
Today's Wednesday thread is open for business and feel free to post anything about today's game in there. Congrats on making it on the show.