Season 36 Pre-Emptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

kablamfan11
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Season 36 Pre-Emptions

Post by kablamfan11 »

Upcoming Pre-emptions:
Mon 9/9: KGO-TV only, 1 day delay due to Monday Night Football
Thu 9/12 All Fox Stations except for WDAF-TV due to MLB baseball & All ABC stations on the west coast due to the Democratic debate
Fri 9/13 KABC-TV only
Thu 9/19 All Fox Stations due to MLB baseball

Updates & future pre-emptions will be posted right here!
TenPoundHammer

Re: Season 36 Pre-Emptions

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I got entirely knocked out by a tornado warning, because apparently tornados have never happend in Michigan before and the weathermen have to blather on and on and on and on and and on about the same fucking thing. Can someone help me find a recording please?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:37 pm I got entirely knocked out by a tornado warning, because apparently tornados have never happend in Michigan before and the weathermen have to blather on and on and on and on and and on about the same fucking thing. Can someone help me find a recording please?
This 55-year-old who still uses AOL and a landline found it in less than 30 seconds. It's not that hard. YT is not the only game in town. Don't bother with a PM for more hints as I'm signing off JBoard for the night. Really, I promise.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:37 pm I got entirely knocked out by a tornado warning, because apparently tornados have never happend in Michigan before and the weathermen have to blather on and on and on and on and and on about the same fucking thing. Can someone help me find a recording please?
I have the 9/10/19 episode.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

kablamfan11 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:28 am
I finally found it. Google was gaslighting me again.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:49 am
kablamfan11 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:28 am
I finally found it. Google was gaslighting me again.
Oh okay.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

Tomorrow, Jeopardy will be pre-empted on Most FOX Stations due to MLB Baseball.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Check your listings for this upcoming Super Tuesday the 3rd. KGO currently has the game not showing at all.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Just like last year, Jeopardy! (and Wheel) will be preempted on April 23 on West Coast ABC affiliates and all ABC affiliates that air Jeopardy! at 7:00 PM EDT or later on April 24, as ABC is broadcasting the NFL Draft again this year. I know this because April 23's time is 8:00 PM EDT and April 24's is 7:00 PM EDT.

EDIT: Only Wheel is all affiliates. Jeopardy! will air as normal on April 24 on some stations, as some ABC stations air it before 7:00 PM EDT.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

More currently, ABC7 will be preempting J! on Super Tuesday and airing it at 2AM Wedn.

In fact, everyone better check out Tuesday because...yuck:
StuporTuesday.png
StuporTuesday.png (66.09 KiB) Viewed 8211 times
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

We're fine here in FL.
gameshowfandanny

Volante wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:50 pm More currently, ABC7 will be preempting J! on Super Tuesday and airing it at 2AM Wedn.

In fact, everyone better check out Tuesday because...yuck:
StuporTuesday.png
I get Jeopardy! and Wheel at 7 and 7:30 PM Eastern on WABC, so I'm fine. The preemptions are only in the West Coast.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

After months of Friday preemptions because of a random Patriots show shoehorned into Friday evening, I can finally be glad I'm in Boston and don't have to deal with the Super Tuesday preemption.

Side note: If contestants had the foresight to check the week that their program might air beforehand, they might have been smart enough to brush up on political candidates....J! loves to be future-current.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

talkingaway wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:39 pm After months of Friday preemptions because of a random Patriots show shoehorned into Friday evening, I can finally be glad I'm in Boston and don't have to deal with the Super Tuesday preemption.

Side note: If contestants had the foresight to check the week that their program might air beforehand, they might have been smart enough to brush up on political candidates....J! loves to be future-current.
Are they able to know that when they get the call?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
gameshowfandanny

talkingaway wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:39 pm

WABC aired the Election Day 2016 episode on November 7 because a contestant watches on WABC and would be preempted by election coverage on November 8.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

triviawayne wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:58 pm
talkingaway wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:39 pm After months of Friday preemptions because of a random Patriots show shoehorned into Friday evening, I can finally be glad I'm in Boston and don't have to deal with the Super Tuesday preemption.

I've always assumed that, sometime between when contestants are given The Call and when they exit the studio from their taping(s), they're told what day the show would air. Of course, schedules can change, but with 36 seasons of experience, I imagine it's a fairly well-oiled machine. Unless cancellations happen, they can tell when they schedule tape dates where they'll be in the sequence.

They'd have to tell you by the time you leave, no? So you can plan watch parties, and tell someone in a different TV market to record your show just in case a preemption happens. *cue AlexWeHatePreemptions.mov*

And by poking around here and on reddit, you can probably guess how many episodes into the season your show would be. Christmas would be about episode 70ish. Halloween around 35. They probably can't tie categories to a specific date due to S&P (I've seen references to them submitting 6 paired boards for each 5-show production day, and getting a phone call in the AM to give the order of the boards, as well as randomizing challengers).
gameshowfandanny

talkingaway wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:52 pm
triviawayne wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:58 pm

I've always assumed that, sometime between when contestants are given The Call and when they exit the studio from their taping(s), they're told what day the show would air. Of course, schedules can change, but with 36 seasons of experience, I imagine it's a fairly well-oiled machine. Unless cancellations happen, they can tell when they schedule tape dates where they'll be in the sequence.

They'd have to tell you by the time you leave, no? So you can plan watch parties, and tell someone in a different TV market to record your show just in case a preemption happens. *cue AlexWeHatePreemptions.mov*

And by poking around here and on reddit, you can probably guess how many episodes into the season your show would be. Christmas would be about episode 70ish. Halloween around 35. They probably can't tie categories to a specific date due to S&P (I've seen references to them submitting 6 paired boards for each 5-show production day, and getting a phone call in the AM to give the order of the boards, as well as randomizing challengers).
Contestants can hear the airdate when Johnny reads the slate. I think they are given the air dates when they get the call because I know Wheel does that.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

The NCAA basketball tournament starts March 19 on CBS. So if you are like me, you will miss some episodes on Thursday and Friday of that week and possibly the next.
gameshowfandanny

Bamaman wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:33 am The NCAA basketball tournament starts March 19 on CBS. So if you are like me, you will miss some episodes on Thursday and Friday of that week and possibly the next.
Yes, CBS always preempts the third and fourth Thursday's and Friday's of March for March Madness. The championship game (which will be on April 6) always is preempted on CBS only in the West. Last year, March 23 (rerun of Ryan Fenster's original fourth game) was preempted by March Madness, but March 30 (rerun of Ryan Fenster's fourth game where he was invited back) was not preempted. In 2018, it was the same scenario where March 17 was preempted, but March 24 was not. In 2017, March 18 (rerun of Matt Jackson's fourth game) and April 1 (rerun of Matt Jackson's sixth game) were affected instead of March 18 and 25. In 2016, they preempted March 19 and 26. I don't know anything about Saturday rerun March Madness preemptions before that. On Thursday, we'll find out when stations plan to air them, if at all.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:53 pm
Contestants can hear the airdate when Johnny reads the slate. I think they are given the air dates when they get the call because I know Wheel does that.
When I got the call, Lauri said the episodes taped on my day would air "the week of XXX". Since the exact show is a random draw on taping day, that's as close as they can say until you're called for a specific game.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.