Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Ironhorse
Second Banana

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by Ironhorse »

I had a dream last night that I got a second chance to audition. It was at a public library, and the auditions were conducted by walking up to a table and being interviewed by whoever got to you first when you got to the front of the line. Maggie Speak did mine and loved me.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Woof wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:50 pm
dhkendall wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:30 pm
alietr wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm
boson wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:40 pm I think the passing score was well above 35 at TN to keep numbers down. But no complaints here- they came to TN to get better players. To get on the show, be good at trivia and be good tv.
That would certainly explain why people I would have expected to pass the test didn't do so.
I look at it this way, all the super smart kids are now in the pool. This time next year, they’ll either still be in or, hopefully, have been on. That means the bar is low enough for dummies like me to finally audition!
That presumes that all the super-smart kids get on as a result of this audition. As amply demonstrated by Vijay Balse, that’s not a given. OTOH, some of them may feel as I do: that I put my best foot forward in what were nearly ideal circumstances, and that if I don’t get a call as a result of this audition, I’ll have to think Long and hard about whether I should continue trying.
Oh I don’t think they all will - I want them to, but I don’t think they will.

My point was by this time next year they’ll either be on *or still in the pool and can’t audition* thereby making it easier for me, hopefully.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

dhkendall wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 am
Woof wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:50 pm
dhkendall wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:30 pm
alietr wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm
boson wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:40 pm I think the passing score was well above 35 at TN to keep numbers down. But no complaints here- they came to TN to get better players. To get on the show, be good at trivia and be good tv.
That would certainly explain why people I would have expected to pass the test didn't do so.
I look at it this way, all the super smart kids are now in the pool. This time next year, they’ll either still be in or, hopefully, have been on. That means the bar is low enough for dummies like me to finally audition!
That presumes that all the super-smart kids get on as a result of this audition. As amply demonstrated by Vijay Balse, that’s not a given. OTOH, some of them may feel as I do: that I put my best foot forward in what were nearly ideal circumstances, and that if I don’t get a call as a result of this audition, I’ll have to think Long and hard about whether I should continue trying.
Oh I don’t think they all will - I want them to, but I don’t think they will.

My point was by this time next year they’ll either be on *or still in the pool and can’t audition* thereby making it easier for me, hopefully.
Woof, you will get on, or goddammit, you will die trying! Don't be a quitter! Just don't discouraged if the call doesn't come this season
oduguy22
Swimming with the Jeopardy! Fishes

Post by oduguy22 »

Hello all, I took the exam in March 2018, I got a 40. I took the audition in Philadelphia on Sept 11, and just got "The Call" this afternoon! I am so ecstatic, this feels so surreal. I dreamed of this moment since I was a little kid!!
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

oduguy22 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:53 pm Hello all, I took the exam in March 2018, I got a 40. I took the audition in Philadelphia on Sept 11, and just got "The Call" this afternoon! I am so ecstatic, this feels so surreal. I dreamed of this moment since I was a little kid!!
Yay! Congrats!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

oduguy22 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:53 pm Hello all, I took the exam in March 2018, I got a 40. I took the audition in Philadelphia on Sept 11, and just got "The Call" this afternoon! I am so ecstatic, this feels so surreal. I dreamed of this moment since I was a little kid!!
Go get em!
Total game show career losings = $171,522
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Way to go! Fourth BOARDIE on the show Season 36. :D
Douglas Squasoni
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Awesome. Nice to see an avatar I recognize get on the show.
oduguy22

Post by oduguy22 »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:02 am
Awesome. Nice to see an avatar I recognize get on the show.
Haha thanks all, and yes i'm glad to see some otaku boardies!
MollyQMurphy
Silver Medalist

Post by MollyQMurphy »

Congrats and best wishes!
Pending...
Charis
Contributor

Post by Charis »

Congratulations!

I also auditioned last September, you're giving me hope!
mas3cf
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mas3cf »

Congrats! Did you walk away from the audition feeling like the whole thing went well? Or were you a bit surprised to get the call?
oduguy22

Post by oduguy22 »

Thanks all and Molly retro good luck!!

And to answer your question. I felt good coming out of the audition and I really enjoyed being at there. Honestly, it really was a blessing just get to the next stage because it was my first audition. I felt there was a chance to get the call, but I didn't think it was going to happen this time around because so many people have multiple auditions before getting the call. I do think though the key was to genuinely have fun at that audition, and they will see it. I couldn't stop smiling, and being myself because even in the test game, my mind thought the right answer for a couple of them, but my mouth said the wrong thing haha but i shrugged it off and kept going. Were you at the Philly audition? If so what group were you in?
mas3cf wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:33 pm
Congrats! Did you walk away from the audition feeling like the whole thing went well? Or were you a bit surprised to get the call?
mas3cf
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mas3cf »

oduguy22 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:58 am Thanks all and Molly retro good luck!!

And to answer your question. I felt good coming out of the audition and I really enjoyed being at there. Honestly, it really was a blessing just get to the next stage because it was my first audition. I felt there was a chance to get the call, but I didn't think it was going to happen this time around because so many people have multiple auditions before getting the call. I do think though the key was to genuinely have fun at that audition, and they will see it. I couldn't stop smiling, and being myself because even in the test game, my mind thought the right answer for a couple of them, but my mouth said the wrong thing haha but i shrugged it off and kept going. Were you at the Philly audition? If so what group were you in?
mas3cf wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:33 pm
I auditioned in Chicago last month, so we wouldn't have crossed paths. I was having fun too, especially during the mock game. I had a couple moments where I rang in, got called on, thought 'oops', and then was able to pull the right answer out of thin air.
I'm not sure how the interview went over with the CCs though, reading people is not my forté, to say the least.

I'm excited for you and looking forward to hearing how it goes!!
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

oduguy22 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:58 am I do think though the key was to genuinely have fun at that audition, and they will see it.
+1
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

There is apparently another BOARDIE on the audition list other than MollyQMurphy that is going to be on the show this week.

Looks like LanceJ wanted to surprise us.
Douglas Squasoni
pinkwaterlily

Post by pinkwaterlily »

Everyone check your emails because I got an audition offer for Philadelphia in November. I definitely did not pick that city off the list because I remember selecting Boston. I knew I passed the test so I was disappointed when I didn’t get an audition email back in April but now I am so excited and I hope some other board members got one too.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

pinkwaterlily wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:18 pm Everyone check your emails because I got an audition offer for Philadelphia in November. I definitely did not pick that city off the list because I remember selecting Boston. I knew I passed the test so I was disappointed when I didn’t get an audition email back in April but now I am so excited and I hope some other board members got one too.
Did you list your zip code or something in the Philly area?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
pinkwaterlily

Post by pinkwaterlily »

No, I live in Connecticut. I auditioned in New York in June 2013 and in Boston in November 2015. Maybe third time, third city is the charm.

I didn’t post my score earlier but I can’t remember how many I thought I got right but it was around 42 plus or minus 2. I took the Central Test on Wednesday.
clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant

Post by clt013 »

Just got an invitation for Saturday, November 23 in Milwaukee.