Season 37 Predictions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Season 37 Predictions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

I know it's very early for this, but this thread is about Season 37 predictions. What do you think will happen in Mike Richards' first season?
My predictions are:
Alex Trebek retires due to his cancer (this happens at the end of Season 36 at latest, he has already rehearsed his goodbye).
20-year eligibility rule (would be 10 years like The Price is Right if there were no returning champions).
Jason Zuffranieri wins ToC if there is one in Season 37.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: Season 37 Predictions

Post by triviawayne »

With a 20-game winning streak, Wayne is the carryover champion from season 36 :D :D :D
Total game show career losings = $171,522
gameshowfandanny

How many games do you think you will win if you get the call?
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm I know it's very early for this...
And yet you posted it anyway.
gameshowfandanny

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:42 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm I know it's very early for this...
And yet you posted it anyway.
The reason I posted it was because I wanted to make sure I didn’t forget and it’s Mike Richards’ first season as producer.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:32 pm How many games do you think you will win if you get the call?
too many factors to go into how things play out to make any kind of real prediction. There is a lot of luck involved as well as skill. We've been over it before on this board about how just a few little things here or there can really change things in any given game.

I do feel I'm more prepared than the average player on the show, and odds are the other 1st day player I'll be up against doesn't have any game show experience, so I do have those advantages. I also feel I have good advantages with my sense of timing and reflexes (I crushed my opponents on the buzzer at the audition). I think it's realistic to think I have a better than normal shot at winning a game, maybe two; but depending on categories, I could end up having a hard time and it will all be over in less than 30 minutes.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
gameshowfandanny

A couple other predictions:
Another Jeopardy! DVD. This time, it would be a series. It would have James Holzhauer, Jason Zuffranieri, Jennifer Giles, Alex Jacob, Buzzy Cohen, Alan Lin, Pam Mueller, Colby Burnett, David Madden, Brad Rutter, Larissa Kelly, Ken Jennings, Matt Jackson, Monica Thieu, Arthur Chu, Austin Rogers, Roger Craig, Leonard Cooper, Ben Ingram, Seth Wilson, Stephanie Jass, and Julia Collins. All of their episodes including tournament play and GOAT would be on there.
The second UToC happens. Ken probably wouldn't be in it since he said he's not going to be in any more tournaments. James would get a bye to the finals. Brad and David would get byes to the semifinals. Larissa, Matt, and Jason would get a bye to the quarterfinals. Roger, Colby, and Julia would get a bye to Round 2. Jennifer, Alex, Buzzy, Alan, Pam, Monica, Arthur, Austin, Leonard, Ben, and Seth would start at Round 1. The finals would be James, Roger, and Brad. James would win $5,000,000, Brad would win $2,000,000 for 2nd Place, and Roger would win $1,000,000 for 3rd Place. James would be the new all-time game show winner.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:14 am A couple other predictions:
Another Jeopardy! DVD. This time, it would be a series. It would have James Holzhauer, Jason Zuffranieri, Jennifer Giles, Alex Jacob, Buzzy Cohen, Alan Lin, Pam Mueller, Colby Burnett, David Madden, Brad Rutter, Larissa Kelly, Ken Jennings, Matt Jackson, Monica Thieu, Arthur Chu, Austin Rogers, Roger Craig, Leonard Cooper, Ben Ingram, Seth Wilson, Stephanie Jass, and Julia Collins. All of their episodes including tournament play and GOAT would be on there.
The second UToC happens. Ken probably wouldn't be in it since he said he's not going to be in any more tournaments. James would get a bye to the finals. Brad and David would get byes to the semifinals. Larissa, Matt, and Jason would get a bye to the quarterfinals. Roger, Colby, and Julia would get a bye to Round 2. Jennifer, Alex, Buzzy, Alan, Pam, Monica, Arthur, Austin, Leonard, Ben, and Seth would start at Round 1. The finals would be James, Roger, and Brad. James would win $5,000,000, Brad would win $2,000,000 for 2nd Place, and Roger would win $1,000,000 for 3rd Place. James would be the new all-time game show winner.
Is Ricardo Montalban going to host?
gameshowfandanny

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 am
Is Ricardo Montalban going to host?
When I said Alex, I meant Alex Jacob, not Alex Trebek. I don't have any idea of who will replace Alex Trebek if he retires.
gameshowfandanny

I'd like Alex's replacement to be Thomas Hurley since he's definitely at least 18 by now, but I don't think he will because he was a contestant.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:45 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 am Is Ricardo Montalban going to host?
When I said Alex, I meant Alex Jacob, not Alex Trebek. I don't have any idea of who will replace Alex Trebek if he retires.
I think that's more of a "Welcome to Fantasy Island" comment ...
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

Dear God I hope not. I've had enough of James already.
--
Drowning in the pool
mas3cf

Post by mas3cf »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:32 pm How many games do you think you will win if you get the call?
I have done some high-level game simulations and can say with >95% confidence I would win at least 0 but no more than 74 games.
gameshowfandanny

ParrotRob wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:02 pm
Dear God I hope not. I've had enough of James already.
James is my favorite of the three Jeopardy! millionaires.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

mas3cf wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:08 pm
I have done some high-level game simulations and can say with >95% confidence I would win at least 0 but no more than 74 games.
You misspelled 99.9999999999999%.
mas3cf

Post by mas3cf »

alietr wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:49 pm
mas3cf wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:08 pm
You misspelled 99.9999999999999%.
99.99999999999% is indeed >95%!
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

Here are my predictions for next season if S36 were to be the last one with Alex hosting:

- There would be a new set.
- The music package gets refreshed (let's hope the theme music for GOAT doesn't carry over into the regular series) but weekend reruns of S36 still have the 2008 theme.
- Jim Thornton replaces Johnny Gilbert as the announcer
- Contestant leading at the end of DJ! picks one of three categories for FJ! (similar to Wheel of Fortune)

But if Alex continues to host, or if Pat Sajak is the interim host:

- Only the opening title graphics change; everything else stays the same.
gameshowfandanny

jeopardyfan939 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:19 am Here are my predictions for next season if S36 were to be the last one with Alex hosting:

- There would be a new set.
- The music package gets refreshed (let's hope the theme music for GOAT doesn't carry over into the regular series) but weekend reruns of S36 still have the 2008 theme.
- Jim Thornton replaces Johnny Gilbert as the announcer
- Contestant leading at the end of DJ! picks one of three categories for FJ! (similar to Wheel of Fortune)

But if Alex continues to host, or if Pat Sajak is the interim host:

- Only the opening title graphics change; everything else stays the same.
Music package is another one I really want. I am hoping it's the GOAT Think Music because that's my favorite. As you said in the recap thread for the first GOAT episode, in Super Jeopardy!, the lights dimmed during Final Jeopardy! and was used on the regular show in Season 7. I think the reason they changed the music in 2008 was because Merv Griffin died in 2007.
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:51 am
Music package is another one I really want. I am hoping it's the GOAT Think Music because that's my favorite. As you said in the recap thread for the first GOAT episode, in Super Jeopardy!, the lights dimmed during Final Jeopardy! and was used on the regular show in Season 7. I think the reason they changed the music in 2008 was because Merv Griffin died in 2007.
- I liked the GOAT music package, but I feel that it's too heavy sounding for regular competition. If anything, that music should only be used for the ToC; and John Hoke ought to compose a music package for regular shows (perhaps have a jazzy arrangement of the main theme and think music, similar to Steve Kaplan's arrangements) as well as doing a music package for the Teen Tournament and College Championship.

- I doubt the current theme was introduced in 2008 because of Merv Griffin's passing the year before. In 2000, he retired from both Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune, leaving Harry Friedman as the sole executive producer of both shows. Likely because of that, then music director Steve Kaplan composed an entirely new theme song for WoF ("Happy Wheels") to replace "Changing Keys". And he later wrote an updated version of the 1997 Jeopardy! theme, which was first used on the Celebrity Jeopardy! and International Tournament episodes taped at the Las Vegas Hilton and then became permanent on 4/23/2001. I would say that the music package was refreshed in 2008, not only because Season 25 was a milestone but rights for Kaplan's music likely expired at the end of Season 24.