Season 36 Pre-Emptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Season 36 Pre-Emptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:05 pm Just like last year, Jeopardy! (and Wheel) will be preempted on April 23 on West Coast ABC affiliates and all ABC affiliates that air Jeopardy! at 7:00 PM EDT or later on April 24, as ABC is broadcasting the NFL Draft again this year. I know this because April 23's time is 8:00 PM EDT and April 24's is 7:00 PM EDT.

EDIT: Only Wheel is all affiliates. Jeopardy! will air as normal on April 24 on some stations, as some ABC stations air it before 7:00 PM EDT.
I forgot something else, last year during Round 2 of the NFL Draft, on WABC, Jeopardy! aired at 7:30 PM after a delayed "Eyewitness News at 6" that used to be done after the 3:30 PM College Football game. The Saturday rerun of Jeopardy! aired at 5:00 AM Sunday ( The show that reran that day was the 12/15/17 show). Starting with this season, they've been moving Jeopardy! and Wheel to Localish (formerly called the Live Well Network, which was dropped by non-ABC O&O's in 2015). On December 18, 2019, both Jeopardy! and Wheel were moved there because of the final presidential impeachment vote. On Christmas 2020, Jeopardy! was preempted because of Christmas Day NBA (this happens every year, unless Christmas is on a Sunday; If Christmas were on a Saturday, it would be affected by the rerun, this will happen in 2021 and WABC always airs the Saturday reruns early Saturday, overnight Sunday, or Sunday afternoon.) On Christmas, the shows were not moved to the Live Well Network likely because Wheel was on reruns that week.
Golf

Post by Golf »

We’re talking about reruns here? Reruns being preempted? We’re not talking about first run episodes being preempted? Reruns?

—Allen Iverson
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

My comment about the NCAA tournament causing preemptions was about the games on Thursday and Friday for the round of 64 and the Sweet 16 games. I know the Saturday reruns will also get bumped but I don’t care about episodes that aired years ago.
gameshowfandanny

Bamaman wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:25 pm My comment about the NCAA tournament causing preemptions was about the games on Thursday and Friday for the round of 64 and the Sweet 16 games. I know the Saturday reruns will also get bumped but I don’t care about episodes that aired years ago.
Yeah, a lot of people don't watch reruns, but I posted the information on Saturday reruns for people that watch them.
gameshowfandanny

The NCAA Tournament is canceled so Jeopardy! will air as normal on CBS.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

J! (and Wheel) will not air in the Orlando area Mar 17th due to the primary that day.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

It may well get bumped if any major news breaks about the coronavirus. Most of the show was pre-empted here Friday because Trump was holding a press conference.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Coronavirus preemption on ABC. Wheel's going to air, of course...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Boo David Muir. Boo. Bring back Trebek.

This pre-emption is pointless. We already know about COVID-19. 8+ hours at work with people non-stop talking about it, albeit mostly conspiracy theories. All over the news on every media. Radio interruptions and public service announcements all day. Every company that has ever had my email has contacted me to let me know about their response to COVID-19. I do not need an extra hour of virus coverage. I want to learn something new. Bring back Jeopardy!
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:02 pm Coronavirus preemption on ABC. Wheel's going to air, of course...
As soon as Gov. Newsom wrapped it up the local anchors came back on to end the regular newscast before commercials and J! airing on the dot.
Volante

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:08 pm
Volante wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:02 pm Coronavirus preemption on ABC. Wheel's going to air, of course...
As soon as Gov. Newsom wrapped it up the local anchors came back on to end the regular newscast before commercials and J! airing on the dot.
Not here, World News Tonight instead.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Maybe last night's J! got preempted into oblivion since Wheel aired as normal, but perhaps we're getting Thursday's tonight and Friday's tomorrow. (For once, the KABC "bump everything back a day" strategy won't be starting near the beginning of the week.) And it's not like sports will get in the way of the Saturday time slot!
Volante

Post by Volante »

seaborgium wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:39 am
Maybe last night's J! got preempted into oblivion since Wheel aired as normal, but perhaps we're getting Thursday's tonight and Friday's tomorrow. (For once, the KABC "bump everything back a day" strategy won't be starting near the beginning of the week.) And it's not like sports will get in the way of the Saturday time slot!
Looks like it was preempted into oblivion...

Oddly, the preview was for Thursday's interview (polydactyl cats) which made it even worse to find out it was Friday's
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Oddly, the preview was for Thursday's interview (polydactyl cats) which made it even worse to find out it was Friday's
It's loud and weirdly cropped though I did turn 3/19 up with a quick search and filter for this week on a very popular uploading site.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:03 pm
Volante wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:24 pm

It's loud and weirdly cropped though I did turn 3/19 up with a quick search and filter for this week on a very popular uploading site.
The uploaded version I saw with my dad (which had the video as an inset within a large frame with an anime-looking character slightly encroaching on the left side of the game video) cut straight from the end of DJ to the last contestant's wager reveal.
slight spoiler about FJ results
Luckily the contestant had no response, so we weren't spoiled on the clue or the correct response.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

For those of us on ABC, looks like we are going to be pre-empted on Friday 4/24 for the NFL Draft.

WFTV in Orlando will be showing this Saturday at 7 PM.
Volante

Post by Volante »

econgator wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:42 pm For those of us on ABC, looks like we are going to be pre-empted on Friday 4/24 for the NFL Draft.

WFTV in Orlando will be showing this Saturday at 7 PM.
KABC LA is pushing it to 9PM Thurs and Fri
gameshowfandanny

Bad news. :cry: Jeopardy! (and Wheel) are being preempted tomorrow on WABC and WPVI due to a special called "Jersey 4 Jersey".
For those who have DVRs, WABC is airing Jeopardy! overnight at 3:05 AM, but WPVI is not airing it at all, though they might move it to Localish like they did on the day of the impeachment (December 18, 2019).
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 pm Bad news. :cry: Jeopardy! (and Wheel) are being preempted tomorrow on WABC and WPVI due to a special called "Jersey 4 Jersey".
For those who have DVRs, WABC is airing Jeopardy! overnight at 3:05 AM, but WPVI is not airing it at all, though they might move it to Localish like they did on the day of the impeachment (December 18, 2019).
WPVI used to put pre-empted ones on after Nightline, so you might just want to set a manual recording for about 1230am - 230am just in case.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
gameshowfandanny

triviawayne wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:09 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 pm Bad news. :cry: Jeopardy! (and Wheel) are being preempted tomorrow on WABC and WPVI due to a special called "Jersey 4 Jersey".
WPVI used to put pre-empted ones on after Nightline, so you might just want to set a manual recording for about 1230am - 230am just in case.
I watch on WABC, not WPVI.