Jeopardy Missing Long Credit Roll List

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dell3234
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Jeopardy Missing Long Credit Roll List

Post by dell3234 »

The rules about our document will be changed sometime today
Last edited by dell3234 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Giving archive.org a first try to see how it goes.

I'm WhoisMark there although it looks like they made it with all caps.

This is my attempt with 6/2/04: https://archive.org/details/ec-060204

When doing the upload there were a bunch of options and I had no idea what to check, fill in, etc.

If that video works and sounds okay I may add some that route to avoid dealing with YT and all the comments my shares generate. "What is your gmail address?" Give me a break. I only have one of those because I have to.

I'm willing to help with some of the rolls as my time allows, but my main focus is getting old games into the archive. FB friend requests will be ignored as I don't need to open up more avenues of communication for this thing and especially not on that site. PMs here will be read, but I won't always respond or necessarily see the message in a timely manner.

You guys who care about the long rolls can handle your spreadsheet updates as I'm not getting involved in that or joining any group/club.

I've seen posts on this board with a bunch of dates for wanted games along with other requests on YT comments. That's fine by me and helpful. I don't know what all I have and don't have and can only check one game at a time. If there is a request from a specific tourney it would be great if you knew which game. Checking all 10 games for a just in case, is just no fun for me or my machine. Thinking I'll check multiple seasons to get into thousands of games? Not going to happen.

My station does what it does, so if I post one with a promo for Live with Kelly I can't make it magically disappear. I am guilty of having posted some videos with the digital camera in video mode pointed at the TV as back then I thought the need was about names and did not realize it was more about the music for people wanting these endings.

I can redo those at some point to the better looking/sounding method of 2020 while I would think it's better first to do some you don't have at all.

Like others who are still mystified by all of this, I'm confused by the difference between games with long rolls that air close to each other if not back to back. Is it important just because it's a long roll and part of an ever-expanding set? Why does every single one matter?

There are lots of known exact dates with long rolls. If you know the dates then why didn't someone record them if they're so desired?

Whatever, lots of varied interests in J! keep it going, so that's good all around.

I have a note pad with some of the dates posted in this thread and can work off that. Distinguishing the different reds/berries on your chart is annoying. Can the ring leader of you guys post the top five wanted and I can key off that or I'll just be Billy from The Family Circus and be all over the place from season to season.

davopardy
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by davopardy »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:52 am
Giving archive.org a first try to see how it goes.

I'm WhoisMark there although it looks like they made it with all caps.

This is my attempt with 6/2/04: https://archive.org/details/ec-060204

When doing the upload there were a bunch of options and I had no idea what to check, fill in, etc.

If that video works and sounds okay I may add some that route to avoid dealing with YT and all the comments my shares generate. "What is your gmail address?" Give me a break. I only have one of those because I have to.

I'm willing to help with some of the rolls as my time allows, but my main focus is getting old games into the archive. FB friend requests will be ignored as I don't need to open up more avenues of communication for this thing and especially not on that site. PMs here will be read, but I won't always respond or necessarily see the message in a timely manner.

You guys who care about the long rolls can handle your spreadsheet updates as I'm not getting involved in that or joining any group/club.

I've seen posts on this board with a bunch of dates for wanted games along with other requests on YT comments. That's fine by me and helpful. I don't know what all I have and don't have and can only check one game at a time. If there is a request from a specific tourney it would be great if you knew which game. Checking all 10 games for a just in case, is just no fun for me or my machine. Thinking I'll check multiple seasons to get into thousands of games? Not going to happen.

My station does what it does, so if I post one with a promo for Live with Kelly I can't make it magically disappear. I am guilty of having posted some videos with the digital camera in video mode pointed at the TV as back then I thought the need was about names and did not realize it was more about the music for people wanting these endings.

I can redo those at some point to the better looking/sounding method of 2020 while I would think it's better first to do some you don't have at all.

Like others who are still mystified by all of this, I'm confused by the difference between games with long rolls that air close to each other if not back to back. Is it important just because it's a long roll and part of an ever-expanding set? Why does every single one matter?

There are lots of known exact dates with long rolls. If you know the dates then why didn't someone record them if they're so desired?

Whatever, lots of varied interests in J! keep it going, so that's good all around.

I have a note pad with some of the dates posted in this thread and can work off that. Distinguishing the different reds/berries on your chart is annoying. Can the ring leader of you guys post the top five wanted and I can key off that or I'll just be Billy from The Family Circus and be all over the place from season to season.
Welcome to the Internet Archive. I have the 6/2/04 credits on my channel but it's from the rebroadcast so what I'll do is pull down the rebroadcast version and replace it with the original broadcast (that has the KW logo not plastered that is or the companies being in the credits, etc.)

If you can find one without the promos that's great if not, that's fine it is what it is can't we really control the TV stations. Which that might explain why I'm currently majoring in Mass Comm, maybe one day I can be a GM of a TV station that airs J! and maybe I can be the one that ends station promos during credits.

Promos aside though, at least if we can find some that aren't recorded on a mobile device that we can't put on YouTube without Sony seeing it (i.e. 12/31/2007) or the pitch is so high that even if you fix it, it still sounds a bit squeeky (i.e. 5/14/2003) that would be fine for us.

As far as those in some cases there are some weeks where you get 3 episodes in a week with long credits (i.e. the last week of February of 1997) it's important that we find those dates with those such instances because otherwise we would probably never know what episode had them (especially episodes that are incomplete) I think the priority should also be not just finding long credits but finding full complete episodes so that way we can determine whether if it did had long credits or not. Some of it though is yes it's part of an ever expanding set.

Plus the reason why we do unspecified and the unknown dates is because there are a bunch of these possible long credits that we just simply don't know if it actually occured or not and so until that gets determined (eventually) they just go under as such and also the seasons list is because Jeopardy! as we all know has been on the air for 37 seasons so that's more than long enough (actually way longer than enough) to justify having a list of seasons. Also on the possible full credit rolls the reason for that is because (as we've seen both in here and especially in the YouTube comments/replies) there's a bunch of possible episodes that were perhaps full credit rolls and we put them in there for that reason until it gets confirmed or not although, some of the people in the YouTube commets section can get pretty wild with their guessing games (I saw that a few days ago in your comments section from 2 people I won't mention in this post) I'm sure you know who I'm talking about though.

Also your knowledge of some of these is very valuable to us which is why we wanted you to join this project, which helps us get what I call this project the Jeopardy! Vault Part 2: Credit Roll Edition (part 1 is the entire episode, part 2 is the credits) the more this stuff gets uncovered the more grateful I think the Jeopardy! Community that truly cares about this stuff so much will be to us. (And I get it, not everybody stays around at the end for the credits or to see the post-game chats, some people turns to something else after Alex says "So long.")

That's why we wanted you to join in the first place but we will respect your decision not to join if you don't want to.
Last edited by davopardy on Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Jeopardy! was Created by Merv Griffin." -Johnny Gilbert (1996-2000)

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Mark, you have the patience of a saint.

Can anybody tell me whether my second episode (July 21, 2009) had a full credit roll in its Saturday rerun (May 8, 2010)? I had long thought it had one in the original airing, but recently went back to my tapes to find it didn't, and I'm not ready to assume I fabricated a memory of seeing a full credit roll on that game until someone says it didn't happen on the rerun either.

davopardy
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: 6/2/2004 Credits

Post by davopardy »

The audio on the 6 2 2004 credits sounds pretty good as well. It looks great. I had to edit it the commercials and the part that shows the tape ended or whatever that was. Other than that it looks great.

davopardy
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by davopardy »

There are also 2 particular seasons that we feel like are of greater need to be addressed.

Season 22 (2005-2006)
Season 26 (2009-2010)
Rest of Ken's run (2004)
Ultimate Tournament of Champions (2005)

Both of those seasons have a total of just 2 episodes in which the long credits has been undiscovered (7 28 2006 and 1 7 2010) the latter yours truly recently uploaded to YT

Both of those seasons plus Seasons 23 (2006-07), 24 (2007-08), and 25 (2008-09) probably has at least several episodes with long credits that we don't know about that someone probably does. So all told despite the fact that many from Season 24 have been discovered there is still plenty out there (both with the 2001 music and the current one) that has for far too long gone undiscovered.

That needs to be changed and those who truly care about this stuff and us together we can fix this as well, Mark

Once we get confirmed dates we'll get them to you for it to be written down on a notepad or something of a like.

dell3234

Post by dell3234 »

We have a Major Project Update that is not good. Me and David Heller have found a lot of unauthorized changes that were made from people that were autonomous.

This will get updated because there will be a lot of rule changes coming soon.

Thanks,

Dell3231

Update: (10/12/2020) The project is now restricted to comments only however you can become a approved user to edit this list

Link to become a approved user'

https://forms.gle/QzH28x3kQfqNV7jq7