Season 37 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by MarkBarrett »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:27 pm Week of November 30, 2020:
WPVI: The Disney Holiday Singalong is airing an hour early, due to Monday Night Football, so Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen on WPVI-DT2 Localish.
WBZ: Due to Patriots All Access, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:35 AM.
KDVR: Due to Thursday Night Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
KNSD: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WXIX: Due to FOX NFL Thursday Pregame, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
WTLV: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will be seen on WJXX.
WBBH: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
No one affected by the Steelers/Ravens moved to Tuesday is nice for NBC viewers.

Please share when your schedule forwarding powers (21 days, 23 days? I recall it's something like that) allow you to see Monday Dec. 21 in case the Alex vault episode(s) are named.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:53 pm
WPVI: The Disney Holiday Singalong is airing an hour early, due to Monday Night Football, so Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen on WPVI-DT2 Localish.
KDVR: Due to Thursday Night Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
KNSD: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WXIX: Due to FOX NFL Thursday Pregame, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
WTLV: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will be seen on WJXX.
WBBH: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
No one affected by the Steelers/Ravens moved to Tuesday is nice for NBC viewers.

Please share when your schedule forwarding powers (21 days, 23 days? I recall it's something like that) allow you to see Monday Dec. 21 in case the Alex vault episode(s) are named.
23 days. My app has listings for December 21 and 22, but they are still listed as new episodes. When I find out the reruns, I'll make a thread to post them, just like I did during the extended summer reruns. Since I watch on an ABC station, Jeopardy! and Wheel always are preempted on Christmas Day because of NBA games, so it will likely take me longer to find out that day's rerun.
TreeOfHeaven
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TreeOfHeaven »

...except that Ravens-Steelers is now a 3:40pm ET kickoff on Wed. 12/2. 2:40pm CT, which means a bunch of NBC affiliates in the Central Time Zone (for sure mine in Madison, WI at 4:30pm CT) are now affected that day.
Hippest of the square, and squarest among the hip...
gameshowfandanny

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:34 pm

23 days. My app has listings for December 21 and 22, but they are still listed as new episodes. When I find out the reruns, I'll make a thread to post them, just like I did during the extended summer reruns. Since I watch on an ABC station, Jeopardy! and Wheel always are preempted on Christmas Day because of NBA games, so it will likely take me longer to find out that day's rerun.
UPDATE: December 21 and 22 now are only listed as “Jeopardy!” on my app.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

They may still be trying to decide what to pull from the vault for those two weeks. That information will probably be announced on their social media pages when they do decide.
gameshowfandanny

Bamaman wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:25 pm They may still be trying to decide what to pull from the vault for those two weeks. That information will probably be announced on their social media pages when they do decide.
Yeah, I was also thinking that.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

If you get Jeopardy on a TEGNA owned Station, it may go away Starting WEndesday.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3640067-t ... pproaching
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:27 pm KDVR: Due to Thursday Night Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
In addition to the Tuesday football game being moved to Wednesday afternoon, as mentioned above... there is no Thursday night football game this week -- because that game was moved to Monday, December 7, at 5:00 P.M. Eastern. (Still on Fox, so it may cause a preemption or two.)
gameshowfandanny

trainman wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:45 am
gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:27 pm KDVR: Due to Thursday Night Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
In addition to the Tuesday football game being moved to Wednesday afternoon, as mentioned above... there is no Thursday night football game this week -- because that game was moved to Monday, December 7, at 5:00 P.M. Eastern. (Still on Fox, so it may cause a preemption or two.)
Thanks for letting me know.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

AntmanB wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:26 am If you get Jeopardy on a TEGNA owned Station, it may go away Starting WEndesday.

The Jeopardy station in Birmingham is running a scroll saying Dish customers may lose it on December 2. Luckily I have Direct. But it won’t be pretty if people can’t see the Alabama-LSU game Saturday.
gameshowfandanny

I was just informed about this from MarioGS on Buy a Vowel, who was told this information by WABC:
Although, Jeopardy! and Wheel are still listed on WABC, tonight's episodes of both Jeopardy! and Wheel will be preempted by a charity special called "Heroes of New York". Wheel is airing on 7.2 Localish tonight, which will likely be the same for Jeopardy!, like on Election Day and the day of the impeachment last year.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

As of now, on Wednesday, NBC has football followed by the Rock tree and the Rock ettes, starting at 3:30 EST and ending at 11 EST. I think most of it is live. I imagine most NBC affiliates will either be moving J! or cancelling it.

Thursday, FOX looks like it has live soccer from 8-10:30 EST in lieu of what I assume was Thursday Night Football, so most preemptions should still be on. It's 30 minutes longer than FOX usually goes, but I imagine it won't kill off too many stations. I think TNF on FOX usually starts with a 7:30 preshow, so an 8 PM soccer preshow should remove some east coast preemptions, if there were any.

NBC's schedule has been flip flopping. There was supposed to be a game today, but that got delayed...which caused a live Voice results show to move from Tuesday to Thursday back to Tuesday. Football fans are mad about a Wednesday afternoon game, but it's necessary because of the Rock tree lighting, which I think had already been moved from Tuesday because of football. And now with no live Voice on Thursday, NBC has a "Voice Holiday" show.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

One clarification on the Rockefeller Christmas special. NBC is airing it from 8 PM to 10 PM, but there is an additional hour of programming from 7-8 that is only carried by some affiliates, primarily the NBC Owned and Operated ones, from what I can tell. So for example in Indianapolis I should be getting Jeopardy! on schedule Wednesday at 7:30 between the football game and the New York festivities as my NBC affiliiate isn't carrying the pre-tree show.
gameshowfandanny

gameshowfandanny wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:15 pm I was just informed about this from MarioGS on Buy a Vowel, who was told this information by WABC:
Although, Jeopardy! and Wheel are still listed on WABC, tonight's episodes of both Jeopardy! and Wheel will be preempted by a charity special called "Heroes of New York". Wheel is airing on 7.2 Localish tonight, which will likely be the same for Jeopardy!, like on Election Day and the day of the impeachment last year.
Never mind! Jeopardy! is airing on WABC as scheduled, with the Heroes of New York special airing on Localish.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

trainman wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:45 am In addition to the Tuesday football game being moved to Wednesday afternoon, as mentioned above... there is no Thursday night football game this week -- because that game was moved to Monday, December 7, at 5:00 P.M. Eastern. (Still on Fox, so it may cause a preemption or two.)
That Thursday night football game has actually been moved to Tuesday, December 8, at 8:00 P.M. Eastern, still on Fox.

But there was a game originally scheduled for Sunday that was moved into that late-afternoon Monday slot on Fox.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

AntmanB wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:26 am If you get Jeopardy on a TEGNA owned Station, it may go away Starting WEndesday.

Still no KSDK (St. Louis NBC affiliate). I had sort of a double-preemption today: the 4:30 CST time was preempted by the Ravens-Steelers game, which was preempted by a blue screen telling me that AT&T Uverse and TEGNA haven't reached an agreement yet. If there's still no NBC by the weekend, I might go buy a digital antenna.
gameshowfandanny

Week of December 7, 2020:
NOTE: WBZ is moving Patriots All Access to Wednesday for this week.
KABC: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM.
KGO: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:30 PM
WBZ: Due to Patriots All Access, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:05 AM.
KOMO: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:30 PM.
KDVR: Due to the Ravens game on Tuesday and Thursday Night Football, Tuesday and Thursday's episodes of Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
KXTV: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM.
KATU: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
WBFF: Due to the Steelers game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 11:35 PM and Tuesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen due to NFL on FOX Pregame.
WZTV: Due to the Steelers game, Monday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WTNH: Due to a COVID-19 special called Connecticut's Shot in the Arm, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WXIX: Due to the Steelers game, Monday's Jeopardy! will not be seen, Tuesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen due to NFL on FOX Pregame, and due to FOX NFL Thursday Pregame, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:00 AM.
WVUE: Due to the Steelers game, Monday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

What's the deal with MNF tonight? This seems to be the first time Jeopardy! has been pre-empted for football this season in my market. Is the game normally only shown on ESPN?

edit: found it https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/12 ... -simulcast
So looks like those of us who get J! on ABC will also be pre-empted on 12/28 (which is during the Alex special reruns).
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:29 pm What's the deal with MNF tonight? This seems to be the first time Jeopardy! has been pre-empted for football this season in my market. Is the game normally only shown on ESPN?

edit: found it https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/12 ... -simulcast
So looks like those of us who get J! on ABC will also be pre-empted on 12/28 (which is during the Alex special reruns).
Well, those of you on the West Coast. Shouldn't be different here.
mas3cf

Post by mas3cf »

Pre-empted tonight on WBZ for Cheatriots All-Access. As if there weren't already enough reasons to loathe that team.