Season 37 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by opusthepenguin »

mas3cf wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:12 pm Pre-empted tonight on WBZ for Cheatriots All-Access. As if there weren't already enough reasons to loathe that team.
Try a YouTube search for "Kendra Blanchette" and see if that turns up anything.
kablamfan11
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by kablamfan11 »

Pre-Empted on KSBW tonight due to The California State Capitol Tree Lighting event.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

kablamfan11 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:50 pm Pre-Empted on KSBW tonight due to The California State Capitol Tree Lighting event.
Sometimes if you search YouTube for the name of one or more of the contestants, the game will turn up.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Games this season have been on YouTube just about every day. The quality of the upload isn’t the best, but it is very watchable.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:46 pm
kablamfan11 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:50 pm Pre-Empted on KSBW tonight due to The California State Capitol Tree Lighting event.
Sometimes if you search YouTube for the name of one or more of the contestants, the game will turn up.
Ok
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Week of December 14, 2020:
NOTE: Jeopardy!'s website says that WBZ is preempting Thursday's Jeopardy! with Patriots All Access, instead of the usual Friday, however, WBZ's website still lists Patriots All Access for Friday.
WBZ: Due to Patriots All Access, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:35 AM (SEE NOTE).
KDVR: Due to Thursday Night Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM and due to College Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
WBFF: Due to Pac-12 Championship Pregame, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 12:05 AM.
WXIX: Due to FOX NFL Thursday Pregame, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:00 AM and due to Pac-12 Championship Pregame, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KRQE: Due to Play On: Celebrating the Power of Music to Make Change, Tuesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WVUE: Due to Pac-12 Championship Pregame, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:30 AM.
WRIC: Due to Virginia Vaccinates: A Town Hall, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will be seen on Thursday, December 17, at 12:30 PM.*
*WRIC's website still lists Jeopardy! at its normal time on Wednesday.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:11 pm Week of December 14, 2020:
NOTE: Jeopardy!'s website says that WBZ is preempting Thursday's Jeopardy! with Patriots All Access, instead of the usual Friday, however, WBZ's website still lists Patriots All Access for Friday.
WBZ: Due to Patriots All Access, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:35 AM (SEE NOTE).
KDVR: Due to Thursday Night Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM and due to College Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
WBFF: Due to Pac-12 Championship Pregame, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 12:05 AM.
WXIX: Due to FOX NFL Thursday Pregame, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:00 AM and due to Pac-12 Championship Pregame, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KRQE: Due to Play On: Celebrating the Power of Music to Make Change, Tuesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WVUE: Due to Pac-12 Championship Pregame, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:30 AM.
WRIC: Due to Virginia Vaccinates: A Town Hall, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will be seen on Thursday, December 17, at 12:30 PM.*
For Boston, my FiOS guide still shows WBZ having Thursday J! at 7:30 PM, and Friday "Patriots All Access" in its regular fall/winter slot at Friday 7 PM, with WoF/J! hour delayed (and expanded) from 2:07 AM to 3:10 AM. The Patriots are playing a normal Sunday game this week, so I don't know why they would be moving the Patriots preview program this week, unless they had something ELSE they wanted to show at 7 PM on Friday (ie the Nova Scotia Christmas tree lighting, which I think already happened, or a political debate, which thank heavens are over in MA.)

I think whoever at J! puts out the preemption alerts just made a clerical error in reverting WBZ's preemption - the preempted show is normally Friday, but it was Wednesday last week because the Patriots played on Thursday.
gameshowfandanny

talkingaway wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:11 pm Week of December 14, 2020:
For Boston, my FiOS guide still shows WBZ having Thursday J! at 7:30 PM, and Friday "Patriots All Access" in its regular fall/winter slot at Friday 7 PM, with WoF/J! hour delayed (and expanded) from 2:07 AM to 3:10 AM. The Patriots are playing a normal Sunday game this week, so I don't know why they would be moving the Patriots preview program this week, unless they had something ELSE they wanted to show at 7 PM on Friday (ie the Nova Scotia Christmas tree lighting, which I think already happened, or a political debate, which thank heavens are over in MA.)

I think whoever at J! puts out the preemption alerts just made a clerical error in reverting WBZ's preemption - the preempted show is normally Friday, but it was Wednesday last week because the Patriots played on Thursday.
Yes, I think that was just an error on Jeopardy!'s website.
gameshowfandanny

Boston viewers will no longer need to worry about Alex's last episode on January 8 being preempted by Patriots All Access. Effective this week, WBZ is moving Patriots All Access is being moved to Saturdays, though this does mean the Saturday reruns will be preempted.
gameshowfandanny

Week of December 21, 2020 (RERUNS):
WABC: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:05 AM, listed as the Daytime Jeopardy rerun of the April 10, 2020 episode.
KABC: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:30 PM.
WLS: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:06 AM.
WPVI: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen, but it may air on WPVI-DT2 Localish.
KGO: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM.
WJLA: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KOMO: Due to Wheel of Fortune, which is delayed by Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 8:30 PM.
WFTV: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WPLG: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KXTV: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM.
KATU: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:30 PM.
WTVD: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WBFF: Due to NFL Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 11:35 PM.
WZTV: Due to NFL Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WTNH: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KSHB: Due to FOX College Hoops Extra, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen on Saturday, December 26, at 1:30 PM.
WLOS: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:36 AM.
WXIX: Due to NFL on FOX Postgame, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen early at 11:30 AM.
WPVF: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WVEC: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WVUE: Due to NFL Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WRIC: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KTUL: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:40 AM.
EDIT: RAS310 on Reddit sent me a message saying he called WABC and Friday's rerun will actually be seen on Localish.
Last edited by gameshowfandanny on Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dell3234

Post by dell3234 »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:30 pm Week of December 21, 2020 (RERUNS):
WABC: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:05 AM, listed as the Daytime Jeopardy rerun of the April 10, 2020 episode.
KABC: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:30 PM.
WLS: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:06 AM.
WPVI: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen, but it may air on WPVI-DT2 Localish.
KGO: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM.
WJLA: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KOMO: Due to Wheel of Fortune, which is delayed by Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 8:30 PM.
WFTV: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WPLG: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KXTV: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM.
KATU: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:30 PM.
WTVD: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WBFF: Due to NFL Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 11:35 PM.
WZTV: Due to NFL Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WTNH: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KSHB: Due to FOX College Hoops Extra, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen on Saturday, December 26, at 1:30 PM.
WLOS: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:36 AM.
WXIX: Due to NFL on FOX Postgame, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen early at 11:30 AM.
WPVF: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WVEC: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WVUE: Due to NFL Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WRIC: Due to NBA Countdown, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KTUL: Due to Christmas Day NBA, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:40 AM.
Oops KSHB should be WDAF.
gameshowfandanny

Yes, that must have been a typo on Jeopardy!'s website.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:13 pm Boston viewers will no longer need to worry about Alex's last episode on January 8 being preempted by Patriots All Access. Effective this week, WBZ is moving Patriots All Access is being moved to Saturdays, though this does mean the Saturday reruns will be preempted.
Yup, thanks for the heads up - looks like the weekend (Saturday 7-8) WoF/J! reruns have been cancelled until they decide to stop Patriots All Access, which I can confirm on my DVR. I don't know why they don't put the Patriots show on Saturday anyway, especially when the games are Sunday. Shifting about 20 new Friday episodes of J! to a graveyard shift every season doesn't make sense. The other reasonable option would be to put Friday J! on in the Saturday 7:30 PM slot in the fall - helpful for those who don't have DVRs or who "stumble" on to J!.
QBall
Valued Contributor

Post by QBall »

talkingaway wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:05 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:13 pm Boston viewers will no longer need to worry about Alex's last episode on January 8 being preempted by Patriots All Access. Effective this week, WBZ is moving Patriots All Access is being moved to Saturdays, though this does mean the Saturday reruns will be preempted.
Yup, thanks for the heads up - looks like the weekend (Saturday 7-8) WoF/J! reruns have been cancelled until they decide to stop Patriots All Access, which I can confirm on my DVR. I don't know why they don't put the Patriots show on Saturday anyway, especially when the games are Sunday. Shifting about 20 new Friday episodes of J! to a graveyard shift every season doesn't make sense. The other reasonable option would be to put Friday J! on in the Saturday 7:30 PM slot in the fall - helpful for those who don't have DVRs or who "stumble" on to J!.
Only problem with that plan is that WBZ has college football games from 3:30-7p on most Saturdays, and I’d imagine there’s more than a handful of games that will go long, so you’re stuck joining the shows in progress.

My in-laws live in an area where they get both Boston and Providence stations, which air J! at the same time. On Fridays at least, they’ll watch J! on the Providence channel because of that All Access show. Interestingly, Providence is slightly closer to Gillette Stadium than Boston.
Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

QBall wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:57 pm
Only problem with that plan is that WBZ has college football games from 3:30-7p on most Saturdays
What network is that station affiliated with? College football is basically over except for bowl games, and with one exception (which is not on a Saturday anyway) all the bowl games this year are on the Disney-owned ESPN and ABC.
gameshowfandanny

Euphonium wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:18 am
QBall wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:57 pm
Only problem with that plan is that WBZ has college football games from 3:30-7p on most Saturdays
What network is that station affiliated with? College football is basically over except for bowl games, and with one exception (which is not on a Saturday anyway) all the bowl games this year are on the Disney-owned ESPN and ABC.
WBZ is a CBS affiliate.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Pre-empted for NFL pre-game today. PRE-game. Not even game. Ptui! But today's ep is scheduled to run tomorrow so I imagine the secret bunker will have the game tomorrow. I mean, I don't know. That bunker is run by a different penguin who totally isn't me. (Compare the pictures.) But who seems to have the same TV access and preemption difficulties that I do.

I'm not sure, but the rescheduling (rather than just not airing) may be due at least in part to a complaint email that I sent. I actually contacted the FOX4 Problem Solvers--you know the guys that try to shame local businesses into giving you a refund for unsatisfactory service and such. I asked if the Problem Solvers could possibly convince my local FOX station to give Jeopardy! back to the NBC affiliate since FOX wasn't interested in airing the program. They didn't manage to do that for me, but they did send the following reply: "We have talked to Sony, the distributors of Jeopardy to find out if there is another time we can air the missed episodes. At this time, they are looking into it. We will be sure to let you know if we are able to reschedule." They never aired the episodes (Thanksgiving and Black Friday). Maybe it was too late by the time they looked into it. But maybe they also found out that a day-after reschedule was allowed and did that with today's scheduled game.

It's also possible they won't air the game tomorrow even though they're saying they will.
gameshowfandanny

Week of December 28, 2020 (RERUNS):
KABC: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM.
KGO: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
KTRK: Due to The Rose Parade's New Year Celebration, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KOMO: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:30 PM.
KXTV: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM.
KATU: Due to Monday Night Football, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
KENS: Due to the College Football Arizona Bowl, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WIAT: Due to the College Football Arizona Bowl, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WREG: Due to the College Football Arizona Bowl, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm Week of December 28, 2020 (RERUNS):
KTRK: Due to The Rose Parade's New Year Celebration, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
and thats one i havent played along with yet, while Wednesday AND Thursdays Jeopardy i have via Netflix. well thats what the archive is for, i guess. :(
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

AntmanB wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:09 am
gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm Week of December 28, 2020 (RERUNS):
and thats one i havent played along with yet, while Wednesday AND Thursdays Jeopardy i have via Netflix. well thats what the archive is for, i guess. :(
I thought the Rose Parade wasn’t being held. Or does that mean the Rose Bowl game? (Which is being played in Texas).