How Did George Stephanopoulos Do as Host?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Rate George Stephanopoulos on a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is best.

4%
No votes
No votes
No votes
4%
11%
22%
47%
9%
2%

Total votes: 45

alietr
Site Admin

How Did George Stephanopoulos Do as Host?

Post by alietr »

How do you think George Stephanopoulos did as host?
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: How Did George Stephanopoulos Do as Host?

Post by MarkBarrett »

8 from me although I probably would have gone 8.25 or 8.5 if those were choices. George seemed quite proficient at hosting and other than the slight rasp in his voice I noticed at times there was nothing else that stood out to me to cause me to be aware constantly that a guest host was in charge.

What George did not bring was any extra flair from the host. I don't have a count, but I feel like he may have been the host whose name I typed the least when archiving games this season.

I expect Robin to pick spots to insert a little more personality into the gig.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:32 pm 8 from me although I probably would have gone 8.25 or 8.5 if those were choices. George seemed quite proficient at hosting and other than the slight rasp in his voice I noticed at times there was nothing else that stood out to me to cause me to be aware constantly that a guest host was in charge.

What George did not bring was any extra flair from the host. I don't have a count, but I feel like he may have been the host whose name I typed the least when archiving games this season.

I expect Robin to pick spots to insert a little more personality into the gig.
7 here, but same reason. I guess 7 is my average, 8 is yours? Nothing fancy, nothing terrible. Practically neutral in every way.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Ken 9
Buzzy 8.99
Mayim 8.8
Aaron 8.75
Anderson/Guthrie/Gupta 8.25
Katie/George 8
Dr. Oz 7.5
Mike 7
Bill 6.75
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

A professional whose heart just wasn't in it. He was the first guest who seemed like he couldn't wait to get through each game.
tddeveryday
DIY Problem Solver

Post by tddeveryday »

George was fine. Some fans want a host with less personality, others want more personality. I definitely want a host with more personality (and it should go without saying that this host with personality needs to be likeable). Out of all the guest hosts so far, I'm certain George's run will be the hardest to remember a year from now because he barely added any personal flourishes to the game.
My lucky numbers are 6, 66, and 666.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Perfectly respectable performance but nothing to make him stand out in any way. I put him level with Katie and Anderson.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

8. Nothing bothersome, but I do agree that he could have spiced things up a bit more.

Honestly I found Bill Whitaker way more forgettable.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I gave him an 8. Thought he was a little better than Sanjay.

Honestly, they are all running together in my head. I will be glad when S38 starts and we (hopefully) have a permanent host.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Yeah, all these professional TV journalists have been fairly similar. They're doing fine, but nothing to really vault one over the next besides personal preference.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:02 pm Yeah, all these professional TV journalists have been fairly similar. They're doing fine, but nothing to really vault one over the next besides personal preference.
They're definitely starting to blend together. I'm finding it hard in my memory to differentiate Savannah Gupta from Anderson Stephanopolous from George Guthrie. Oz and Whitaker remain at the bottom of my list, but the middle of the pack is bunched pretty tightly.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.