Friday, October 22, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Friday, October 22, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by opusthepenguin »

Linear Gnome wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:15 pm I think division in Saturn's rings is Pavlov for Cassini. And it's hard for me to believe that anyone who passed the J! test and audition could miss the Hamilton clue.
That must be why I didn't pass my audition. The subject never came up, but they could probably tell that I'm a guy who doesn't know his Hamilton. It's just something I've resisted because of all the hype. I figure it can't possibly be that good. It's the Game of Thrones of musicals.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:25 pm
Linear Gnome wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:15 pm I think division in Saturn's rings is Pavlov for Cassini. And it's hard for me to believe that anyone who passed the J! test and audition could miss the Hamilton clue.
That must be why I didn't pass my audition. The subject never came up, but they could probably tell that I'm a guy who doesn't know his Hamilton. It's just something I've resisted because of all the hype. I figure it can't possibly be that good. It's the Game of Thrones of musicals.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'd think that knowing that Hamilton is based on American history around the time of the revolution might be enough to guess which character is most likely to have a British accent.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Linear Gnome wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:42 pm
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'd think that knowing that Hamilton is based on American history around the time of the revolution might be enough to guess which character is most likely to have a British accent.
Didn't know George III was one of the characters. I did consider him as a guess but figured he was way over in Britain and going nuts by then so why would he show up in a Hamilton musical? Anyway, that's how I talked myself into guessing General Cornwallis instead.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:51 pm
Linear Gnome wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:42 pm
Didn't know George III was one of the characters. I did consider him as a guess but figured he was way over in Britain and going nuts by then so why would he show up in a Hamilton musical? Anyway, that's how I talked myself into guessing General Cornwallis instead.
That's a reasonable guess!
Sherm
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Sherm »

I've never seen Hamliton. I guessed George III. Kinda who else could it be.

I grew up listening to the Police. I have every album they've made. I never thought of Roxanne. The Jeopardy! She is a brutal game.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:51 pm Didn't know George III was one of the characters. I did consider him as a guess but figured he was way over in Britain and going nuts by then so why would he show up in a Hamilton musical? Anyway, that's how I talked myself into guessing General Cornwallis instead.
Cornwallis was my guess as well.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:51 pm Didn't know George III was one of the characters. I did consider him as a guess but figured he was way over in Britain and going nuts by then so why would he show up in a Hamilton musical? Anyway, that's how I talked myself into guessing General Cornwallis instead.
You should watch it. It's good. Also it would be difficult to explain how George III comes up and it would be better if you see it yourself.

I'm about halfway through watching the first season of Resident Alien, which was one of the responses in the Jeopardy! round. It's very funny so far. I'll recommend it to others.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by floridagator »

It sucked that Lea was so impulsive that she put herself out of contention. She blew $5,000 and her lead on The Daily Double about Hamilton. The clue asked for a character from England. Where did Benjamin Franklin come from? Then she rang in improvidently on the expensive astronomer clue. Finally she sunk herself by failing to parse the Latin that was right in front of her, and this led her to basically withdraw from the game, not even betting on Final Jeopardy.

I am happy that I avoided the distraction about the prostitutes and instead focused on Cyrano de Bergerac. What else could it be?
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.